Stray Fawn Community

Storymode Playthrough

blackflamekitten

Eventually I'm going to want to do a sandbox playthrough of some kind but I think it will be easier to start with storymode so here we go!

This is the first time I've ever attempted something like this, but I'm just going to have some fun. If I lose the Home Immunity, I'll give up. I will not breed siblings or parent-child, but half-siblings, cousins, or whatever else are a go.

I'm going to prioritize female offspring only because I find that it's easier to find rogue males if necessary for diversity in the genepool. Wandering Nichelings happen much less often for me.

Day 0: Stolen away from his home, Adam awakens in the sky. After realizing he has been captured by a predatory bird, he swipes his claws at the dangerous creature, causing it to drop him. Taking his time to recover mentally, Adam finally attempts to move, finding that he is not injured. He is, however, quite tired and curls up near a berry bush to rest.

Day 1: A growling stomach causes Adam to stir. A bit sore, the Nicheling drags himself to a stand and takes some berries from the bush. Nervous, he chooses to stay in this familiar space for now.

Day 2: Familiarity and plenty of food keeps Adam grounded, but the bush is beginning to look bare...

Day 3: He will have to move on. There does not appear to be any more edible berries on this bush.

Day 4: Feeling strong, Adam picks the last few berries that have ripened overnight and moves on. Moving to the edge of the island, he sees a strange type of stone and decides that is the direction he should travel.

Day 5: Rain. Adam makes it to the stone, but is too tired from his soaked fur and the strain of moving through the heavy grasses to inspect it further.

Day 6: Adam sniffs the stone and feels it will lead him toward great things and moves onto the next island. On this island, he finds a nest and more berries!

Day 7: Deciding he has quite a stash of berries, he leaves the bush and explores the island. Adam discovers another Nicheling and his excitement gets the better of him. He rushes forward, offering food, without noticing her features. The long tail with a single menacing point at the end could have ended him, but thankfully she is just as happy to see another Nicheling as he is and accepts the food. She has strange adornments on her head... They're not horns. More like a moth's... antennae! That's it, they're antennae. He wonders what good they would do her, but doesn't ask. Her body is much like his, but her feet are ill-suited to the land. She moves slowly, he realizes, but her paws are so very different from his. Long toes stretch forth and she seems to be able to grasp things easily with them, unlike his which are meant for gripping the ground as he moves.

Adam is surprised to find that she initiates mating. She is slow, however, and does not make it to the nest he saw before. She does not make her own nest, either, instead focusing on gathering food by cracking open acorns from the ground. Her long toes are much more useful than his small ones.

I'll get some screenshots of the two to add to the continuation.

• Like 1
  • Love 2