Stray Fawn Community

Looking for Niche Mobile Testers now!

Philo

Since quite a few people applied as testers who have not been members of these forums, we added a new tester requirement:
- You need at least 10 posts in our forums in order to be eligible for Niche Mobile testing. 
This now applied for all the new people that ask to join the testing.

This very first version of Niche Breed and Evolve is still quite buggy and we want to make super sure that people who join the testing understand that.
We therefore feel more comfortable to test with people we have seen around for a bit.
I hope you all understand!

• Like 3
  • Paw up 1

On 2/15/2020 at 7:17 AM, Philo said:

@Lisa The Dragonwolf This is a completly different game, so some genes wouldn't make much sense in it :)
Currently there are the following abilities in the game: Perception (which is merged form of smelling, seeing and hearing), collecting, strenght, fishing.
Each biome pack introduces 1 (or maybe sometimes 2?) new abilities. So in the current game there is also heat and cold resistence.
There is no flying ability, swimming ability, poison, etc in the current version. And some genes (like Peacock tale just wouldn't make sense with the current mechanics). We'll see how the game might expand further :)
But there are some new genes that are not in the PC game, such as Hooves, Fluffy Ears and Boar Tusk ^^

Maybe peacock tail would increase the chance of finding a nicheling when the nicheling who has it goes on a expedition? Also since im pretty sure predators arent in this game, there probably woudnt be a purr snout, would there? last but not least, is there a fishing source in the game? If so, would genes like Claw and Fishing tail be in it?

• Like 3

On 2/21/2020 at 10:05 AM, Philo said:

We didn't manage to make a browser build BUT made a Windows and Mac build as plan B ;)
So you can now also apply as a tester if can test the game on PC or Mac.
We're a bit hesitant with this because we'd really like feedback of people that see this as a mobile game you can take with you and play for short periods of time xD
But let's try anyways ^^

this is very nice to hear since i have a mac 😀

• Like 1

@Lisa The Dragonwolf We might add many more new genes and also have the original ones in. But as you mentioned, genes like the purr snout, that have a very special skill in the original game, would probably have a different skill  in the mobile game. Alos, fishing tail and claws are already inplemented! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inmiu said:

@Lisa The Dragonwolf We might add many more new genes and also have the original ones in. But as you mentioned, genes like the purr snout, that have a very special skill in the original game, would probably have a different skill  in the mobile game. Alos, fishing tail and claws are already inplemented! :)

Cool! Also i have biome ideas! (I dont know if the swamp and jungle and woodland idea already exist)

Sky biome (Just so you guys can implement fkying ability xd) (There are birds up there so)

Ocean biome

Swamp biome

Jungle biome

Woodland biome

Tropical biome

• Like 2

4 hours ago, inmiu said:

Can we get runners leg? I know it would be as useless as deformed paw, but it's a nice default looking paw. (Maybe even give runners leg 1 collecting and make deformed paw not give anything? In this case give Eve runners leg.)

Is claw in the game? Edit: I'm dumb and didn't read it all the way XD

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, inmiu said:

@Lisa The Dragonwolf Cool ideas! Some of them are on our list aswell ^^ Keep the ideas coming haha !

@Just normal Lilytuft Runner legs will be in the game, not sure yet what ability it'll give :)

I know this might be a little rude and would propably just be extra work, but this suggestion I made two years ago is currently the second-most upvoted suggestion for niche and it might be easier to implement for 2D(?)

So it would be fun to get different types of manes. Just an idea tough

• Like 2
  • Love 1