Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mobile Discussion and Bug Reports

Philo

Not sure if animation bug? If I send my Niche out to hunt. Let them return. The animation shows them sleeping.  If you exit game and go back in immediately. The animation shows them awake but the status effect is still sleeping.

• Like 1

Bugs:

-When on 'genes' tab, the 'short fur' shows some extra 'FurType_ShortFur' text

-On level one, you have 3 nests, right, and beside them there's a locked nest. but if you scrooooolll to the right all the way, there's a nest out in the middle of nowhere that is locked and need level 3 to unlock it. I'm guessing it's supposed to be hidden until you unlock whatever nest comes before it.

Questions:

-Is there a way to rename Nichelings yet, and I'm missing it? If not, that's fine, I hope you add it though :)

-When I send out my nichelings on missions, what does the circle thing mean? Why is Eve's circle smaller for gathering? What does the little dotted circle in the middle of the divided (when you're sending multiple nichelings) circle mean?

-What does exploring (not gathering, but the eye thing) do?

-When you are viewing a nicheling, there's a little hand icon in the corner. What does/will it do?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Questions:

1) Will there be notifications in the future so you know when you niche are finished hunting/sleeping/healed?

2) I don't know if this will or even can be implemented but can you show where the wild Niche pop up at a different location? (I had the same thoughts as Skysplash8 and only knew it was where wild Niche appeared when I scrolled past it and selected the Niche.) Even just a small title under the rocks that says it's where your encountered niche will appear would help. (I know there is a pop up when you press on the rock but before a Niche appeared their I didn't have any clue you had to press on the rock or near it to get that.)

3) Will you be able to go into settings to mute the game if you want?

4) Will there be an option to press on the genes in the biomes to see what they are other than just pictures? (Like when you select the genes of your niche and see it's --- Horns.)

5) Will you be able to breed with a wild Niche without it being in your Tribe, in the future?

6) Can the locked nest show when you can unlock it? (Example: By color change; the picture of the locked lock being unlocked; a notification)

7) Will there be a tutorial or just a help button with a 'Book' that shows you what everything is? (Because I know some people skip the tutorials)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Just normal Lilytuft said:

I'm sorry, but this annoys me so much...

😅 Sorry, can't help it. I always get them confused😅 I don't mind if you show out my mistakes, it helps me to learn. I'll fix it now, Thanks

• Like 3

Bug: When you send 2 groups out at the same time and exit game. One group I did 5 minutes and the other 2 minutes. I waited 30 minutes, then opened the game again. They all started sleeping when I opened the game. Not sure if it's made to do that or that they should have been finished gathering and resting (Like I hoped they would be)

I did another test to see if it was just a once off thing. One group 1 minute and the other one 2 minutes. I waited 23 minutes and the same happened.

• Like 2

• Philo pinned this topic

Ok, I'll try to answer some questions! @inmiu might correct me or specifies further later ^^

@Skysplash8

Is there a way to rename Nichelings yet, and I'm missing it? If not, that's fine, I hope you add it though :)
-> Not yet!

When I send out my nichelings on missions, what does the circle thing mean? Why is Eve's circle smaller for gathering? What does the little dotted circle in the middle of the divided (when you're sending multiple nichelings) circle mean?
-> It shows you how good your Nichelings abilites are for this biome. If Eve's circle is smaller, that means she has less gathering ability than the other Nicheling you sent. The dotted circle is the minimum needed skill level.

What does exploring (not gathering, but the eye thing) do?
Nothing in particular. Each biome has its requirements. So in a low level clearing you need only a bit of perception (eye) and a bit of gathering (berry). 
The biomes level up after some time and you will need Nichelings with better skills then! You need to meet at the requirements to get food out of the biome.

-When you are viewing a nicheling, there's a little hand icon in the corner. What does/will it do?
That is the petting button. Petting a Nicheling will have a positive effect (not sure what just yet, open to suggestions) and an animation.

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

@FawnCat

1) Will there be notifications in the future so you know when you niche are finished hunting/sleeping/healed?
You mean like a pop up on your phone or in the game itself?

2) I don't know if this will or even can be implemented but can you show where the wild Niche pop up at a different location?  Even just a small title under the rocks that says it's where your encountered niche will appear would help.
Yeah, I agree that we need to make it more obvious when encountering a new Nicheling.

3) Will you be able to go into settings to mute the game if you want?
Yes, we will add that for sure!

4) Will there be an option to press on the genes in the biomes to see what they are other than just pictures?
You mean like a little title and explenations? Yes, absolutely :)

5) Will you be able to breed with a wild Niche without it being in your Tribe, in the future?
Interesting question! Haven't thought about this option yet! Will consider :D

6) Can the locked nest show when you can unlock it? (Example: By color change; the picture of the locked lock being unlocked; a notification)
You mean it should look different once you required the needed level? Yeah we can do that.

7) Will there be a tutorial or just a help button with a 'Book' that shows you what everything is? (Because I know some people skip the tutorials)
Not sure yet how exactly we will handle this!

• Like 3

@Philo

1)Pop up on the phone🙂. Think it would have to be a toggling function. (I know some don't like notifications)

4) Yes, exactly that😁 Thanks for the info

6) Yes, that would make it easier to quickly see what you can unlock immediately (Mostly to make it easier for me when I'm playing on my 5 min breaks at work😆)

Some more Questions:

1) In the game. At the top in the middle is a picture of an Island with the level, what exactly does it mean? (I at first thought it was the world level but it wouldn't have the same icon as the island icon.)

2) Will there be more breeding nests in the future? (I'm assuming that some breeding will take more time as we go on in the game and explore more Biomes)

For me the issue is that the game doesn't start..The made with unity logo and the strayfawn logo show up, then the loading screen starts and the game crashes. Any idea why this happens? Here are the phone's details:

IMG_20200214_182420.thumb.jpg.b3f106b3a333475d2817f1c9188aee24.jpg

@FawnCat Here are some additions to the questions @Philo already answered ^^ :

Jup there will definitely be pop up in game to inform you about events (like encountering wild Nichelings or a baby being born) as well as push notifications (which appear on your phones locked screenand the top bar), but likey ou already mentioned, you will be able to toogle the on or off depending on whether you want them or not :)

2) I don't know if this will or even can be implemented but can you show where the wild Niche pop up at a different location?  Even just a small title under the rocks that says it's where your encountered niche will appear would help.
Like mentioned above we will have a pop up that tells you you met a wild Nicheling, so you won't miss any! We also plan on havin g a proper tutorial, which will tell you that the leaves are pack nests and the rocks are spots where wild Nichelings wait.

You mean it should look different once you required the needed level? Yeah we can do that. Yes it is the plan to show better if it is unlocked or not!

Like mentioned above, we plan on having a proper tutorial that introduces you to the game and takes you through it step by step. We also want to have a help button to play the tutorial again, as well as many tips that you will get while playing the game.

Some more Questions:

1) In the game. At the top in the middle is a picture of an Island with the level, what exactly does it mean? (I at first thought it was the world level but it wouldn't have the same icon as the island icon.)
It actually is the world level! It isn't clear enough, I see. Do you maybe have any suggestions how it would be clearer, that it is the world level?

2) Will there be more breeding nests in the future? (I'm assuming that some breeding will take more time as we go on in the game and explore more Biomes)
We are thinking about different waay to have more breeding nests, yes! One thing that we will definitely implement is a "retirement" function. You will be able to retire Nichelings instead of sending them away. These retired Nichelings will be in a different part of the home island, where they're just hanging out ^^ We will probably make it so you can call them back from retirement to your meadow in exchange for some food.

• Like 4

Dear testers, you can absolutly also post som screenshots in here if you breed a cool creature or tell us what you're currently up to in the game ^^
So that everyone else also gets to see the game a bit :D

• Eek! 2
  • Love 1