Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mobile Discussion and Bug Reports

Philo

We will look if we can get the game to run in the web browser in the next two weeks too :)
It's a shame that we can't all talk about the game together, so let's see what we can do about that.
(Though this is totally a mobile game! Let us not forget about that xD)

• Like 3
  • Eek! 3

I got the game to work on another phone. There I encountered the following bug:

On the overview of the nests and all my animals I scrolled to the right. Next to a closed-off nest there was a wanderer. Now, her genes show her as having nimble fingers and hooves. Her model, however, displays two nimble fingers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

If you send away a nicheling with unique status effects (i.e. sweating) the animation sticks around

The same happened to my animals. I sent them to the Savannah and now they are still showing the sweating animation even though the effect is gone.

• Sad 1

If I send nichelings on a mission and close the app, when I come back they only then get the sleeping status effect. This is kinda annoying because I like to send them out, do other stuff, then come back so I can send them out again, but I have to come back twice because they're sleeping when I come the first time.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 2

1 minute ago, Philo said:

@Magicmoonss It's not random, but not very well visible yet ^^
Each biome has a level and a progress bar below its name. If you get x food from a biome, it levels up, increases your world and region level.

No I know that part, occasionally one of my biomes will go from requiring 6 collection, to requiring 1 or something like that.

55 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Magicmoonss Waaa? Sounds like a bug! Any screenshots appreciated ^^

Alright I've got it. It seems like a relatively rare bug as I've only noticed it 4 times in my 7-8 hour playtime.

Example one:

Normal:Screenshot_20200215-155657.thumb.png.2dd809a595e9e36c298cd6f3b130df8b.png

Glitched:Screenshot_20200215-155112.thumb.png.a69c4267312859edc9ddb4ae6e6a5517.png

Example two:

Normal:Screenshot_20200215-155407.thumb.png.7bdbf7ba55801a72153f31e011edd4a4.pngScreenshot_20200215-155402.thumb.png.4b5eb64bbfec7de7d54d4f4d480648c8.png

Glitched:Screenshot_20200215-154643.thumb.png.d68c06776262496dd0ba9a26ce0235d5.pngScreenshot_20200215-154637.thumb.png.a9b1ddea707be905f6f94dca245b1f1b.png

Edited by Magicmoonss
  • Love 1

I've spent SO. MUCH. TIME. trying to get good genes... stupid deformed paws..

Personally, the area requirements go up a bit too quickly. I'm trying to breed good nichelings, so I send out nichelings for food, but it's taking a while because my (heavily inbred) pairs have given about 3 females so far (and like 10 males). Thus, the level requirements keeps going up and my stats are going up too slowly. Is there a chance you could 'pause' island level ups? That way you can just pause when it's starting to get too high, and when your nichelings stats are high enough that they'd be better off with a higher leveled island, then you could 'unpause' it.

Also, can't wait for the retirement feature!

• Like 4
  • Paw up 2

@inmiu Thanks for the info😁

As for the world icon. I'm not sure, I did a few drawings but in the end, an actual world might be the best option.w.png.40056db7b7bbb01ca8ec37d8be2d40a7.png

Maybe a bug: Have two nichelings with no gathering abilities but they still collected food (They were at the flower fields, so it's not like they could have hunted anything)

• Like 3

@FawnCat Thanks for the icon suggestions.
You don't need collecting ability specifically to get food out of a biome, you just need to fulfil its requirements :)
And since there are no requirements on Flower Field, you will alwas get food there. Flower Field is kind of the "fall back" biome that is useful when you are stuck and can't go to other biomes to forage.

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

@Skysplash8 So, you would like to pause the progression of the biomes, did I get that right? 
One of our ideas for biome progression is that after you've collected a certain amount of food, the biome needs to regrow food, so you'd have a waiting periode, from time to time. But for general balancing, I could make the requirements progress slower and/or make the food needed to level up higher. Thanks for mentioning this!

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

@FawnCat Thanks for your suggestions! About that bug: It's actually not one :D The flower field has no requirements and is kind of a Fallback biome (say you make bad breediging decisions, ynd then you won't be able to forage in the other (higher level) biomes with requirements anymore, you can still get food in flower field.)

(I just saw Philo already answered ^^)

Edited by inmiu
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, inmiu said:

@wikipedia (angel) Hm, that's odd. You should technically meet more. ^^' You can only meet a wild nicheling, if your party meets the requirements and if you have an open wanderer space (the stones to the right of the meadow.)

Huh. Both of those are constant, unless it'll be because one nicheling is the exact amount (eg 2 gathering)?