Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mobile Discussion and Bug Reports

Philo

@FawnCat I'm sorry your finding so many bugs! 😅 (It's good for us someone finds them, though haha)
I've noted all your bugs.
My suggestion for you is to try and reinstall the game (uninstall and go through the same install process as before) and see if that fixes anything, so you can play more freely again. Your progress will/should be saved.
If that all doesn't work you might want to reset your game data (Long press on the app > Details > Data (or Storage) > Delete Data (or Clear Data).  You would lose your progress though. ^^''

• Haha 1

@briezee Sorry for replying so late. The waiting time right now seem a bit like it just forces you to wait until you can do something again. Our idea is for the biomes to need a recovery/regrow time after you collected a certain amount of food. In those waiting times we want the player to be able to do many other small things, which are not the main game play (like petting your nichelings for boosts or collecting fallen berries in your meadow.)
When all our features are implemented we want the player to have many tasks that are somewhat interchangeable. So when you have to wait for your nichelings to recover, you go tidy up your meadow, or visit your retired animals etc...
Right now this is not really graspable, but I hope I answered your question a bit!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, inmiu said:

@FawnCat I'm sorry your finding so many bugs! 😅 (It's good for us someone finds them, though haha)
I've noted all your bugs.
My suggestion for you is to try and reinstall the game (uninstall and go through the same install process as before) and see if that fixes anything, so you can play more freely again. Your progress will/should be saved.
If that all doesn't work you might want to reset your game data (Long press on the app > Details > Data (or Storage) > Delete Data (or Clear Data).  You would lose your progress though. ^^''

It's fine. That's why we are the testers😆

I did as you suggested but it did not save my progress and so I have to start over. It sucks but now I'm going to play differently and see if I can find any other bugs😄

• Love 2

So dear tester folks, I'm curious!
Aside from the bugs, what is your general feeling/opinion of the game? (You can be super honest, that is what helps most :))
Are you enjoying it? And if so, which parts are you enjoying? What level is your highest level Nichelings? Which are your favorite genes?
Not (really) enjoying it? If so, what do you think is the reason?

Maybe after some time we'll do a proper survey for this too xD

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Philo said:

Aside from the bugs, what is your general feeling/opinion of the game? (You can be super honest, that is what helps most :))
Are you enjoying it? And if so, which parts are you enjoying? What level is your highest level Nichelings? Which are your favorite genes?

I enjoyed it the first day, but after I unlocked all the islands/areas on the second, I was kind of out of things to do. I kept breeding but after i got a bunch of my nichelings had like 20-24 mutations each, it became too tedious.

I think the requirements for the islands go up way too fast, it might be better to up how much food it takes to level up, and lower/add max levels on the earlier islands

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Philo said:

@Magicmoonss Yeah that makes sense ^^
With tedious you mean it got hard to choose which Nichelings to breed because of all the mutations?

It's easy to choose which nichelings, I meant with collecting food. As the cost to breed goes up with more mutations

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Philo said:

@Philo

I agree partly with Magicmoonss about when you unlocked everything their wasn't a goal anymore and you can only breed so much with only 12 spaces before you get bored. (Plus I feel sorry to let some of my favorites go but you did say there would be a place to see them later so it's not a problem now)

I enjoy the idea so far but need more things to do. A mini game you can unlock with food or at a certain world level would be nice. The most time I can spent on it would be 10 minutes before I need to exit again because their is nothing to do but wait for the niche to rest/heal up. I'm guessing when you add a story arc it would feel like your more involved with the game. Starting from the beginning again because of my game breaking bug, made me think you need some achievements in the game so that their is more of a reason to play the game from the start again.

Yes, I'm enjoying it.❤️ The art is cute and the niche as well. I enjoy making plain niche just to see how hard the game would be if I only played with the basic genes. Well in my second round I planned to go with just fishing niche but I "activated" the bug again so I have to restart again😢. I like the idea that you would be able to pet your niche. I would like there to be things like adding flowers on their head or letting them hold fish/ berries just for aesthetic purpose really but I don't know if that's an option right now.

My two favorites were, Nono and Lenlenta. I adore the blind gene mostly for the eye color😄

Screenshot_20200218-182135.thumb.png.b3c312e3c4290e81e1f4e251f13f21ed.pngScreenshot_20200218-174802.thumb.png.0f318f589a65a96ba981a93bc2394193.png

• Like 3

@FawnCat & @Magicmoonss Thanks a lot for your feedback! 
Right now we're trying to fix the game breaking Nest-Buy-Bug and do some balancing (that the requirements on biomes' requirements don't go up so fast etc.)

The implementation of new features has to wait a little longer, though ^^

(And, FawnCat, I might make a light blue eye color, if you love the blind eyes so much ;P)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2