Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mobile Discussion and Bug Reports

Philo

8 minutes ago, TheCatInGrey said:

Got it with another nicheling

Ya, that's something that normally happens. My guess is it's for if you either have two nichelings with the same name, or for the different generations. idk, but it's intentional as far as I'm aware.

2 minutes ago, SafiraCoyfolf said:

Ya, that's something that normally happens. My guess is it's for if you either have two nichelings with the same name, or for the different generations. idk, but it's intentional as far as I'm aware.

I don't have any other nichelings with the same name, and i haven't been a tester long enough to have generations. Thank you for the info though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheCatInGrey said:

I just encountered a nicheling named Donta (1). I don't know if this is intended for when you have multiple nichelings with the same name, but I had none named Donta.

1 minute ago, SafiraCoyfolf said:

Actually, it has nothing to do with names or generations. It's the nicheling's...idk, Mutation score? (1) means that the nicheling has one gene with an extra stat number (for example, if it's on Fluffy Tail then the nicheling gets an extra +1 Cold Resistance), (2) means the nicheling has 1 gene with two extra stats or 2 genes with 1 extra stat, etc. Breeding nichelings with mutation scores has more of a chance to produce a child with a mutation score (usually somewhere around the numbers that the parents have, sometimes less, sometime more), though nichelings without mutation scores can have mutation scored-kids. Try building up your tribe's members' mutation scores and see how high they can get :)

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

Just now, Sky said:

Actually, it has nothing to do with names or generations. It's the nicheling's...idk, Mutation score? (1) means that the nicheling has one gene with an extra stat number (for example, if it's on Fluffy Tail then the nicheling gets an extra +1 Cold Resistance), (2) means the nicheling has 1 gene with two extra stats or 2 genes with 1 extra stat, etc. Breeding nichelings with mutation scores has more of a chance to produce a child with a mutation score (usually somewhere around the numbers that the parents have, sometimes less, sometime more), though nichelings without mutation scores can have mutation scored-kids. Try building up your tribe's members' mutation scores and see how high they can get :)

Alrighty, thank you!

• Paw up 1

6 minutes ago, Sky said:

Ah, alright that makes sense. Thank you ^^

• Paw up 1

On 6/2/2020 at 11:12 PM, SafiraCoyfolf said:

Just thought I'd share the bab that took me all day and an hour today to breed ^^

That, and idk if im just super unlucky, but 9 times out of 10 when I breed my nichelings, they always end up being female. If i exit out of the game then go back in, it gets reversed and it's only males that get born 😕

Also it's super rare for a wandering Nicheling to be female. I have only seen two so far.

Screenshot_20200602-145217.png

So cute!

The male-female ratio should be 50/50,  so i think it's bad luck. But I'll look into it :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SafiraCoyfolf said:

The cheek fur of the mane is layered over the ears.

Idk if this was mentioned yet 😕

Screenshot_20200606-212816.png

Thanks for submitting! I see now, it is a problem with the ears' scale^^

• Like 1

So I just started and haven't encountered any bugs so far but have some suggestions.

1. Maybe a couple "dangerous" maps that give you more food or special perks, but have the chance that your Nicheling might die and not come back at all

2. Family tree's would fit nicely on mobile and it'd be nice to see where the nichelings came from (Maybe with just a little portrait with their name next to it or something)

3. Maybe in the future the ability to trade nichelings with other players? 

4. Idle animations would be cute. Like have them randomly licking their paws or playing with their tails

• Like 4

An idea I just had: nichelings chased from their tribes can show up as wanderers to other people. They would have the same genes and name (well...maybe not the name part if we get to rename our nichelings. Maybe they'd like to rename themseleves for a clean slate?) as they had before. They could cost more food to invite in than regular, randomly generated wanderers. Other players could have 'profiles', which would allow you to 'friend' other people and trade with them--wanderers from other players' tribes would show their previous tribe's player's profile somewhere on the screen when you look at them before you invite them into your own tribe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahl_Tech said:

Someone said they were having a problem only getting male niche wonderer's and i'm having that same issue. probably at least 10, all males.

Ya, out of the two weeks (give or take a few days) that I've been playing, I've only found three female wanderers :') 

(was two, but I found another female last night)

On 6/17/2020 at 7:03 PM, Akirameta said:

Question, at any point in the future, are the new mobile genes coming to the main game? If not, that's fine, I was just wondering

So far, we are not planning on doing so. 

My nichelings have just sort of disappeared? Like they're nowhere to be found. I can't really do anything either, and they aren't in the mating area or any of the biomes. I am on PC, if it helps. I think i'm on the newest build, but i'm not sure

On 6/20/2020 at 10:42 AM, berri said:

My nichelings have just sort of disappeared? Like they're nowhere to be found. I can't really do anything either, and they aren't in the mating area or any of the biomes. I am on PC, if it helps. I think i'm on the newest build, but i'm not sure

If you submit a bug report with the built in feature we can look at your save files and try to figure out why this happened. 
You can try to un- and reinstall the game, but your progress will be lost like that. 
We're working on fixes :)

• Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, inmiu said:

If you submit a bug report with the built in feature we can look at your save files and try to figure out why this happened. 
You can try to un- and reinstall the game, but your progress will be lost like that. 
We're working on fixes :)

Thank you, I will! :)
I already have tried un and reinstalling the game, but it hasn't worked, as it won't reset my save for some reason

4 minutes ago, berri said:

Thank you, I will! :)
I already have tried un and reinstalling the game, but it hasn't worked, as it won't reset my save for some reason

I sent one in just now 

@berri I'm sorry to hear that! You could try to manually delete your game files and see if that works, or wait for the next update and see if the error fixes itself with a new install version, sometimes save fies seem to get "stuck" even if you reinstall the same version.
(If you want to try and delete your files that ping me, I wrote that down for someone already but would have to search it first ^^)

7 minutes ago, inmiu said:

@berri I'm sorry to hear that! You could try to manually delete your game files and see if that works, or wait for the next update and see if the error fixes itself with a new install version, sometimes save fies seem to get "stuck" even if you reinstall the same version.
(If you want to try and delete your files that ping me, I wrote that down for someone already but would have to search it first ^^)

Alright, thank you! I'll wait for the next version to come out and hopefully the problem will be gone.

• Like 1