Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mobile Discussion and Bug Reports

Philo

@xkcd2020 You are looking at the requirement for collecting (the berry icon), whichis 3. Each Nicheling needs to have a collecting ability 3 or more, or else they won't collect any food. The diagramm is red as a warning (not because it's schowing the strenght. Strength is the ability that adds teh nichelings' ability points together, all the other abiilities are individual). I see how this is confusing, we are currently reworking the UI, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

How can I delete my progress? I haven't played on my phone for a while now and after installing the latest version I think it saved my progress except my nichelings all disappeared

45 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

How can I delete my progress? I haven't played on my phone for a while now and after installing the latest version I think it saved my progress except my nichelings all disappeared

Uninstall the app like you would any other, then install it the same way you updated it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sky said:

Uninstall the app like you would any other, then install it the same way you updated it

I tried reinstalling but still no nichelings (also, I didn't update it, I installed it because I didn't have it on my phone before the update)

58 minutes ago, MessyMemes said:

First baby of the new update. I'm really excited.

Screenshot_20200715-141007.png

I got one that looks like this one but male! So Cute! Also I noticed THEY REMOVED THE TIME SETTING! I WANNA WAIT 5 MINUTES ON A MISSION THO! XD

So I am using the PC version now, for the first time. At first everything went well. Then I started the game again and accidentally opened it twice. I could see my previously created nichelings in the one that I closed. But once the second one finished loading they were gone. My counter shows that I have zero nichelings and when I click on the mountain-symbol button I get a zoom in and sparkles on the nest in the middle. I managed to actually reach the explore page but I just saw three identical, white and derp-snouted nicheling heads and the text told me that the mission would take 0 seconds. Then I went back to the main page and I got the "empty but sparkling nest" animatic again.

What is happening?

3 hours ago, mhiahia said:

So I am using the PC version now, for the first time. At first everything went well. Then I started the game again and accidentally opened it twice. I could see my previously created nichelings in the one that I closed. But once the second one finished loading they were gone. My counter shows that I have zero nichelings and when I click on the mountain-symbol button I get a zoom in and sparkles on the nest in the middle. I managed to actually reach the explore page but I just saw three identical, white and derp-snouted nicheling heads and the text told me that the mission would take 0 seconds. Then I went back to the main page and I got the "empty but sparkling nest" animatic again.

What is happening?

The game is having a breakdown! Xp

I'm having a lot of issues with the PC version  of this. First off, my nichelings disappeared. Secondly, the game isn't spawning any either. Also, when I click on the large map it doesnt let me back out or do anything. I have to close the game completely.

5 hours ago, Lisa The Dragonwolf said:

The game is having a breakdown! Xp

I was so weirded out by this that I wasn't sure if I was just hallucinating everything. 

I tried reinstalling and re-unzipping but the game somehow remains broken. Any advice on what to do?

Here's the sparkling nest animation that I was talking about - I also sent in a bug report.

1674003643_Screenshot(78).thumb.png.c745c18055d419703b3f16948b48e028.png

Reinstalling for the third time didn't help either but this time I managed to get a picture of the weird explore nichelings:

Notice how it looks the same despite being Flower Fields and Clearing.

1978299725_Screenshot(82).thumb.png.e3d72af6ae68a23cf92963a84c3428db.png

1902980658_Screenshot(81).thumb.png.5fa6474f7039e1c8fc9c7bf2c4f18637.png

@mhiahia @Dahl_Tech You both need to delete your data of the previous version of the game. Right now everything is broken, because the safe files have changed and can't be loaded. 

Try this:
Open your explorer, type %AppData% as path. You should now be in Roaming. Go one folder back (so you're in AppData), and go to Local Low, go to Stray Fawn Studio, go to Niche Breed and Evolve and delete all files that are in this folder. (AppData > Local Low > Stray Fawn Studio > Niche Breed and Evolve > delete files in this folder)

After this you should be able to start the game and adam and eve should be there.

Also thank you for sending a bug report :) 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

You need to completely unninstall the app and reinstall the new one as if it were a different app. 
Your save files should be on your phone's files under: My files > Internal storage > Android > Data, if you want to try and delete them manually.

Noticed another bug: I bought the first nest for 50 food. Had multiple kids that I sent away after they were born. However, after I restarted the game (I kept on getting male babies and lots of people in this thread seemed to think that restarting changes the gender imbalance) and sent away the aged-up nicheling on the nest it was suddenly locked again and my tribe size limit went down from 5 to 4.

Apparently weird stuff keeps happening. So I invited this guy here in:

245350836_Screenshot(86).png.7a94e5cea7e14b1ec6447c6c4991ea8e.png

(He also has hooves)

And at first the new genes he brought in - derp snout, rabbit ears, hooves - all showed up in the Grass section. Now they are gone. Also, the z's keep on clipping through and I don't know if this is intentional or not.

734201674_Screenshot(92).thumb.png.b5d6626e619e2bbc7bd2545b687a2fa9.png808045142_Screenshot(94).thumb.png.1adea9401a3e73fb63ab755349cbb8b0.png

And last but not least the random sparkles are back!

387470118_Screenshot(89).thumb.png.f6562d0ad14732ed2347a6b2eac3a1ff.png