Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mobile Discussion and Bug Reports

Philo

On 7/14/2021 at 11:59 PM, MODTRESS said:

They're back.

Screenshot_20210714-235527.thumb.png.00e92a3d70daf12dcac47f324a860929.png

The game also closed itself and resetted to before I unlocked the savanna apparently

Thank you for reporting this! It's been fixed in the newest build.

• 2 weeks later...

@MOD PUMPION Thanks for reporting these bugs. I have a few questions to try and narrow down how this happened:

- Were you playing the released version or a test version? (Which version specifically? The newest released one is 1.3.12, the newest testing version is 1.3.13)
- What device are you on? (iPhone, Android phone, tablet, etc. and which version?)

- Did you do anything specific when these bugs happened?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, inmiu said:

@MOD PUMPION Thanks for reporting these bugs. I have a few questions to try and narrow down how this happened:

- Were you playing the released version or a test version? (Which version specifically? The newest released one is 1.3.12, the newest testing version is 1.3.13)
- What device are you on? (iPhone, Android phone, tablet, etc. and which version?)

- Did you do anything specific when these bugs happened?

Thanks in advance!

Version is 13.12

Nokia phone, version 3.4

I started up the game and Adam and eve were there instead of my nichelings. My island levels were kept but the desert ones didn't work.

• Like 1

@MOD PUMPION 

Thanks for the additional info. Could you tell me what Android version your Nokia phone runs? 

So you already had played (and had different nichelings) but your save file seems to have been reset, but only partially? Were you able to get it to work properly again, maybe through wiping your seve files and starting fresh?

1 hour ago, inmiu said:

@MOD PUMPION 

Thanks for the additional info. Could you tell me what Android version your Nokie phone runs? 

So you already had played (and had different nichelings) but your save file seems to have been reset, but only partially? Were you able to get it to work properly again, maybe through wiping your seve files and starting fresh?

Android 10

Yes, deleting the save file fixed everything

just travelled to the savanna island, and i can’t forage there? i just have the one nicheling on the island, and when i try to click “send party” after tapping her, nothing happens. i can’t progress through the game at all until this is fixed. tried closing+reopening the app multiple times to no avail.

6309CFEC-398A-4970-9AFC-8B96BAA8275D.png

@yioker1 The game seems to load the default layout of the foraging menu, really strange. What version are you playing?

Could I also get the details of your tablet? (device and version number)? We'll try to look into it soon, sorry for the hassle!

• 1 month later...

Hello!  I'm a backer for Wandering Village who picked up the mobile game on a whim, and it ate up my entire weekend, so I guess it's captivating for a biology fan like me; congrats and thank you!  I did want to offer a little feedback; apologies if these have been mentioned elsewhere.  

A few of the gene icons are very similar, especially Curly Mane vs. Straight, and Medium Ears vs. Fluffy.  It would be great if they were a little more distinct from each other, especially since Curly Mane is the only fur based gene with a practical effect and is easy to overlook.

I have had some issues with the game crashing intermittently, but I haven't lost any data so it's not a big deal.  I haven't found a specific trigger for the problem, and it might just be because my phone is a bit older (Pixel2).

I feel like the leveling for the areas should be scaled back a bit.  My nichlings are constantly putting themselves out of a job by ramping up the region long before I've bred them to the next set of requirements.  I honestly feel like each level could be twice as long to allow for the required breeding.  Naturally the mutagens are a shortcut, but by design are limited and not reliable in the long run.  

I also think it would be handy to see the critters' stats when choosing breeding pairs, and I wish the requirements for each region were displayed in the same order as on the creature summary screen, but those are minor.

Overall, I'm very happy with this game, would love to see more islands, and look forward to your future work!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Rolld20 Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoy the game :D

You mentioned some good points! We'll look them over again on our next Niche Mobile focus day.
Also, we are still trying to make the game a bit more stable and will hopefully release an update in the near future.

For the breeding: You can tap the Nichelings in the breeding screen to look at their stats there (so you don't have to switch between the meadow screen and the breeding screen all the time).

• Like 1

Quick thing I noticed - sometimes when sending out my nichelings for a mission, immediately after the biome pops up the game scrolls through all my nichelings very fast and then even further, until there are none displayed. 

Also, I have also had the issue of the game crashing randomly. 

• Paw up 2

Oh, I forgot to mention, since I've retired over 300 critters, it would be awesome to have a way to filter them by gene and gender.  It's a touch inconvenient to search them manually for the recessive trait I suddenly decided I want. :D

• Paw up 3

• 3 months later...

The game sometimes tabs out on me (though it's still open, and everytime i reopen it it starts from the main menu. I think it's related to in-game timers, since I'm pretty sure the exhausted status of a nicheling that had just returned from foraging was gone when I came back (like 5 seconds max passed). It also seems to speed up the growth of babies, though I'm not as sure of that

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Modianta Claus said:

I was about to change the name of a newborn nicheling (named Lame by the game). She made my PHONE crash, not the game, the phone. Then i reopened the game and uh...

Screenshot_20211224-140228.thumb.png.d605a01e124e37e50ba81c340c70b9d9.png

Where are my nichelings Lame?

Was she Tata???

I should be able to rebuild with the retired nichelings, though i have only one frost island nicheling left (unless i bring back Manika and CLONED VEGAN (yes that's her name))

• Haha 1