Stray Fawn Community

Niche 4 Dead (Zombie Apocalypse Playthrough)

medicine cat

My friend suggested I make a niche zombie apocalypse playthrough when I asked her a story idea, so here we go!
We start with a small tribe of nichelings who seem to have not been affected by a zombie virus that has been running rampant through the wild. These survivors have banded together in a desperate need to survive and will have to work together if they want to see this virus through and live to ensure nicheling survival in the future.
The zombies in this game will be the predators- bearyenas, apes, and the like. However, I will be going entirely into blind gene mode, so I won't be able to see what immunity a nicheling has. If a nicheling is born without immunity, it will be considered born with the zombie infection and will have to be killed off by console.
Any nicheling that gets sick via transmission from a wild nicheling will have to roll a random generator to see if they have the zombie virus or if it's just an illness. Even if they are not infected with the zombie virus, they will be quarantined and likely shunned for a while by the rest of the tribe. Similar to Left 4 Dead, we start with a party of four.
Here's the settings, before we start.
Screen-Shot-2020-02-16-at-1-47-56-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-16-at-1-49-52-PM.png
We're starting simple with Tiny Green because I'm out of practice and a wimp.
Our starting party consists of, from left to right, Galileo, Amy, Ruby, and Poppet.
Before the apocalypse, Galileo was never big on any sort of action, fighting, or proving his strength. To be honest, he's still getting used to this whole survivalist thing. Oh, to be back in his home tribe, lounging in the sun with his friends and having some sort of sophisticated discussion! Despite being the man of the tribe and the oldest of all the tribe nichelings, he's much more of a follower.
By contrast, the youngest of the tribe is Amy. Niece of Galileo, she thought it would be a smart idea to stick with him during the outbreak due to his quick wit. She is one of the calmer members of the tribe, and doesn't mind a bit of a challenge. She's a natural leader. However, she has some hidden insecurities and doesn't see leading qualities within herself, often keeping quiet and feeling inferior due to being much younger than her tribe mates.
Ruby is a middle-aged nicheling. However, this doesn't stop her from reaching out to Amy, who reminds her of herself when she was her age. They are much alike, and spend a lot of time talking. She often nudges Amy to speak up for herself and help make decisions in the tribe, since it will be her turn to be leader when the older tribe members can't lead anymore.
Finally is Poppet, another middle-aged she-nicheling. She is relaxed and seems to be the least worried about the outbreak, saying as long as the tribe sticks together they'll be fine. She has an attraction to Galileo, who is around her age. 
127371840_ScreenShot2020-02-16at2_44_17PM.png.de157e228bd027b0497f3ff14483fbfb.png
The tribe begins their mission of survival together, spending their first days gathering food and nest material like mad. 
Poppet uses this settling in as an opportunity to talk to Galileo. Galileo, who was clueless that she even liked him, happily agrees to become mates with the pretty female.
It is later announced that the two will have a child. Amy is interested in a cousin who she can possibly relate to, but focuses on her work in the meantime.
The couple has an interesting looking child. It is a female, to Amy's delight, and luckily seems to have been born healthy. They name her Enigma.
"Enigma?" Amy asks, flattening her ears in confusion.
"I think it's a thought provoking name," purrs Galileo. "She's rather unique."
Enigma is a quirky, creative child, growing up very close to her father.
853069869_ScreenShot2020-02-16at3_00_23PM.png.ffca71478b61c0fdbf808e1cf01e1b94.png
Enigma grows into a teenager, still sticking close to her father. Galileo introduces her to Amy, however, in hopes that she will branch out and make new friends.
It's a rather tense start for the two of them because neither are used to interacting with younger nichelings, but eventually it gets a bit better- Amy just tries to speak to her in the same way she speaks to Galileo, and it eventually goes through to Enigma, who begins to rather enjoy her company.

To the tribe's delight, a new male joins. He has jet black fur and piercing green eyes. Ruby nudges Amy.
"Why don't you go talk to him?" she purrs. "He's rather handsome, you know."
Amy grimaces and inches towards the tall, intimidating male. She clears tall grass as she speaks to keep her paws busy.
"And what would your name be?" she asks. To her suprise, the male tenses up nervously- his ears flatten, and the thorny fur on his back raises with seemingly a flustered aura.
"I'm Thunder," he says nervously. Amy can't help but want to laugh. A big, strong, intimidating nicheling with a deep voice named Thunder speaks with such a mild tone. Perhaps he isn't so intimidating after all.
"I'm Amy," she says, flashing her fangs briefly for a polite grin. The two become rather decent friends.
"Why not ask him to be mates?" nudges Ruby.
"It'd be a snowy day in the desert before I'd do that," laughs Amy. "He's not my type in that way."
1976232767_ScreenShot2020-02-16at3_16_13PM.png.d3e7743294b811fe724c99336187b6c4.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 3

CHAPTER 2 - DAY 13
TRIBE MEMBERS:
Amy: Golden she-nicheling with fangs and dark eyes. Insecure, but has the capabilities to be a great leader.
Enigma: Eccentric, orange young female. 
Galileo: Uncle of Amy. Older, golden male with a tall stature and orange-brown mane. Quirky and intelligent. Father of Enigma.
Poppet: Tan and brown older female with yellow eyes. Relaxed. Mother of Enigma and mate of Galileo.
Ruby: Older, dark red female with yellow eyes. Mentor to Amy.
Thunder: Dark, bristly-furred male with green eyes. Mild and soft-spoken.

Poppet announces that she and Galileo will be having a second child. Enigma and Amy chatter about the new arrival excitedly, but upon the kit's birth, there are some inherent problems and it's obvious something is wrong. The kit does not survive as it is already sickly and dies after a few days.
Despite this setback and a period of grief, the tribe does not give up, and stays connected to each other for support. 

Enigma grows up into a full-fledged adult member of the tribe.
733405914_ScreenShot2020-02-16at10_52_32PM.png.6c9a142f1fd4c2888c210b5c19543d85.png
During this time, she begins finding herself connecting more with Thunder, who seems to take quite the liking to her.
"Why don't you ask him to be mates?" says Amy curiously. "We could use more nichelings in the tribe after the loss we had a while ago."
"I don't know," says Enigma. "I'm indifferent to dating, really. But if he were to ask me to be his mate, I would say yes."
Thunder is delighted to hear this from Amy, who is his trusted friend. However, he still waits a while before asking her to become his mate. 10 days.
"I'd be fine with being your mate," says Enigma. "I'm not good at this sort of thing, but I will give it my best."

But there's no time to have a kit or anything yet. The tribe is talking about moving to a new island. 
The first meeting nobody can come to a consensus. They plan to meet again another day soon after, but Galileo unexpectedly dies, and the tribe is stricken with grief. In fear that staying around the island too long will attract zombies due to the death, the tribe rushes to come to a decision to distract them from their sadness.
While Amy and Thunder think the tribe should rest and grieve before moving, the rest suggest to move north. This is ironic, because when Thunder, Enigma, and Amy go to leave,  the two elderly females get cold feet at the last minute and decide to retire on the old island together until their time comes.
"Out of respect for Galileo," insists Poppet. They share their last goodbyes with the younger tribe members, and Ruby stops Amy one last time before she turns to go.
"It's your time to lead now," says Ruby. "This is your chance to show what you can do. I know that you can."
Amy gulps and nods. "I'll try, Ruby." Ruby smiles and nudges Amy towards Thunder and Enigma, who are heading towards the coast to travel to a new island. Amy leads the way as the tribe travels to an intimidating looking new jungle.

"We've arrived at Jungle Gate," says Thunder.
1916756605_ScreenShot2020-02-16at11_15_01PM.png.a3e8b5bce759a7dab66488cdfbe81333.png

It's not long after their arrival on the island that Thunder and Enigma tell Amy that they will be having a child of their own.
"That's great! Amy says. "A new addition as we settle into the new island."
Enigma sets up her nest near two tall termite hills. After one failed birth, the two have a unique-looking son, with Enigma's unique facial structure and eyes and Thunder's coloring. They name him Crow. He shares the spirit of his mother and grandfather, having an eccentric heart. However, he only seems to really bond with his mother and keeps his distance from Amy and his father.
229378018_ScreenShot2020-02-16at11_31_21PM.png.e99ed48f7168c0080c9efdbfd39816ee.png
Enigma announces that she and Thunder will be having another child. Crow seems to become more irritable at this, jealous that his mother's attention will be divided between he and someone else.

• Love 1

DAY 59
Amy - Golden she-nicheling with fangs and dark eyes. Leader of the tribe.
Crow - Odd, antisocial male with dark fur and unique facial features.

Enigma - Eccentric, orange young female. Mother of crow. 
Thunder - Dark, bristly-furred male with green eyes. Mild and soft-spoken. Father of Crow and mate of Enigma.

Thunder and Enigma have another son. His name is Alpha, in hopes that he will one day become a great leader. he looks much more like Enigma than Thunder.
715150342_ScreenShot2020-02-16at11_38_21PM.png.6af6ee29670bf26e05edf5777687cd26.png
Despite his name, Alpha doesn't exactly have a leader's qualities. He is rather mischievous and doesn't take much seriously. He's closer to his father than he is his mother, and often torments Crow, who despises him.

The tribe also befriends a young, pretty female named Entity. She is a sassy, carefree female. However, behind her display of confidence, she rather dislikes herself.
681851527_ScreenShot2020-02-16at11_42_20PM.png.c410c14435873bc29bf137f0567b8826.png

A zombie, for the first time, comes forward and attacks, killing Thunder. The tribe is heartbroken and retaliates against the beast. The creature also kills Amy, unfortunately, and is actually finally killed off by Crow. Alpha is heartbroken by the loss of his father, and becomes more apathetic and bitter with his mischief he causes as a result. Entity, who understands his behavior, makes an effort to befriend him, which she does after some hard work. 

The tribe is taken over and led by Enigma to replace Amy.

Another zombie comes to attack the tribe, but with team effort, they take it down without it hurting anyone.

Alpha grows into an adult. He is still bitter about the death of his father, but has stopped picking on Crow for it- Crow is the stronger of the two, and can easily fight back harder than Alpha can.
331879253_ScreenShot2020-02-16at11_57_37PM.png.1539b7dd6d2787eb81250e5362887845.png

Another zombie appears. It kills Entity. This reignites Alpha's rage- he had feelings for Entity, and hadn't the chance to tell her yet. He further isolates himself from his mother and older brother.

Things get interesting when a new female joins the tribe. She's a pretty blonde female. Her name is Beatrice, and she has a personality similar to Crow's. For the first time, Crow finds himself opening up to someone other than his mother.
2006776641_ScreenShot2020-02-17at12_08_05AM.png.3db8696a2832e1705446da7a2c89261a.png

• Love 1

DAY 99
Alpha - Impish and apathetic orange young male with yellow eyes.
Beatrice - Pretty blond female with brown eyes.
Crow - Odd, antisocial male with dark fur and unique facial features. Elder brother of Alpha.
Enigma - Eccentric, orange young female. Mother of Crow and Alpha.

Crow finally gathers his courage and confronts Beatrice one morning.
"Beatrice, I want to know if you'd be interested in being my mate." He chokes out his words nervously, feeling like his paws are on air.
"Of course, Crow," purrs the female. "I'd love to."

It is not long after that the two announce that they will be having a child.

Enigma unfortunately dies of old age and a zombie attack before this occurs. Begrudgingly, Crow takes the place of leader behind her.

Beatrice has a son with unique, pinkish fur and blondish mane, but with Crow's facial structure. He is a calm, docile nicheling, and they name him Constantine.

764758192_ScreenShot2020-02-17at4_58_42PM.png.179c4db741c191cd6f732bb0beca1853.png
Constantine is very close to his mother. But to everyone's suprise, Constantine also grows up rather interested in befriending the cold Alpha. Alpha, who is rarely spoken to, takes an unexpected liking to the kit, and they become friends.
"Are you upset that Constantine is closer to your brother than you?" Asks Beatrice, curiously.
"I've never been good with kids," says Crow, shrugging. "Plus, I'm impressed that Alpha has such a soft spot for him."

Beatrice catches a sleeping sickness and dies, leaving Crow to raise his son alone. This makes him more disappointed as he watches his son being closer to Alpha than him.
"Let me raise my own son," Crow hisses to his younger brother.
"Maybe if you had spent more time with him when you were younger rather than gathering grass, he'd feel more comfortable around you," hisses Alpha. "This is the first connection I've had in a long time. Be happy for me, why don't you?"

However, this cockiness doesn't last long- Alpha also dies to the sickness that Beatrice had. Crow is left to raise and get to know a son he barely has spoken to due to a lack of social skills.

Lucky for the tribe, they come across a young female nicheling by herself in the wild.
"She must have been orphaned," says Constantine. "We have to help her."
They name her Telenna. Telenna is a jolly, spirited kit, but she doesn't see eye to eye with Crow or Constantine often and prefers not to interact with them very much due to their inept social abilities, just making the tribe social dynamic more awkward.

Telenna grows up into an adult, hoping for a new tribe member to come and cure her boredom.
762365953_ScreenShot2020-02-17at5_39_00PM.png.c8a2b51e4e0b89db066c4a86f4ff1e0f.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 5.28.31 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, medicine cat said:

accidentally deleted the file... does anyone wanna see me try again? i'm really sorry i was looking at an email and wasn't paying attention

That’s too bad :( but to answer your question, yes please try again if you have the time to. Your play throughs are awesome.