Stray Fawn Community

Ancient jungle ruin

How am i supposed to explore this ruin? I am playing the programmer play and the directional sensor does not detect the giant snake as an enemy to defeat (if you have to defeat it) and it does not detect a mission objective either, my drone just wanders in blind if its guided by directional sensors, and I would rather not make a drone bristling with distance sensors to attempt to luck my way through random passageways.

qualifier: I have not run into this mission on any other playthrough and thus have no idea how the temple may be designed beyond the first room

Thaks,

Sachi

• Like 1

I have not done this mission in a while, but i try to remember...

First you enter the cave, fly in a straight line into a great hall and then you have to defeat the snake boss.

The snake has a few combat stages.

First the three chains around it's body have to be destroyed.

Then you must dodge the snake that is rushing to you in a straight line.

Next shoot at the three red crystals where the chains have been.

I think then another round of dodging.

Then the snake comes at you, shoot the crystal on the head to kill it and win.

I have no idea how a fully autonomous drone could handle this mission without the right methods of detection.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, STM said:

I have not done this mission in a while, but i try to remember...

First you enter the cave, fly in a straight line into a great hall and then you have to defeat the snake boss.

The snake has a few combat stages.

First the three chains around it's body have to be destroyed.

Then you must dodge the snake that is rushing to you in a straight line.

Next shoot at the three red crystals where the chains have been.

I think then another round of dodging.

Then the snake comes at you, shoot the crystal on the head to kill it and win.

I have no idea how a fully autonomous drone could handle this mission without the right methods of detection.

Thank you, all I can imagine to do is to have the core fly around randomly and quickly while continuously printing factories that print factories that print small random flying combat drones, and hope to get lucky. I have not tested if the proximity sensors danger zone setting works on big snake, but seems like it would not from my experience so far, and the vtol thrusters will not detect the snake as an enemy or objective either. Do the door(s?) open back up after the fight? does it drop any resources or do you only get the mission reward? are there any extra rooms to hit or is mission completed the moment snake dies?

Thank you,

Sachi

• Like 1

Factories printing factories are probably the best way to kill it. I did it with small cursor following vtol drones. Seems we need more options for the vtol to better 'aim' them 🙂

Door/Gate stays closed, when the snake dies the mission will end and you get the mission rewards.

• Like 2

( doublepost from the bug forum :) )

The body of the snake (the parts which damage you but have no collision) can be detected via "danger zone" while the parts which you have to destroy can be detected with "enemy".

• Like 1

My strategy for defeating the snake automatically:

I send a pair of factories into the room, following gravity.  The factories fall to the edge (direction-flipped by a long-ass timer).

They then print bombs set to seek a) enemies, b) gravity as fallback.

The bombs gravitate to the center, then flock to the jewel points when the snake gets close enough.

IycPC08.gif

Usually one of the factories survives long enough to finish it off.

I also have an "empty fuel tank" control set to detonate everything, to prevent the bombs from overopulating.

• Like 3