Stray Fawn Community

bud light virus

bostonlobstah

9 hours ago, pebbleheart said:

Image result for imperial system

huh the usa has done some wacky stuff now that im looking at it but the month day year thing just works somehow

metric is better but never in my life will I use the date format of day month year

• Sad 1
  • Paw up 1

How to know you have the corona virus: having flu symptoms and wanting to travel to a different country

Also here in Finland we are totally safe bacause of personal space

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, pebbleheart said:

honestly so mad my THREE DAY TRIP to Boston got cancelled : ( 

but yea the coronavirus here is pretty bad (new york) but not as bad as other places so hope yall stay safe and healthy

Fffff! Boston is the greatest. ;)

here in ma there are nearly 100 cases but none confirmed in our town except for some guy from another town who was quarantined in a hospital near my house and was recently released. We had school today, unsure about tomorrow or next week. The teachers are having a faculty meeting this afternoon to make a decision, but it will be a matter of when, not if. Fingers crossed that my introverted butt can sit at my house all day tomorrow...then I won’t have to take my math test

• Eek! 1

About the % in the severe category. In a study, 31 of 32 elderly people died even under best care. A third had no prior medical conditions.

I'm not sure if the UK doesn't want to actively kill people at this point. It is only seriously deadly for a small group, but I would miss my grandparents.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

About the % in the severe category. In a study, 31 of 32 elderly people died even under best care. A third had no prior medical conditions.

I'm not sure if the UK doesn't want to actively kill people at this point. It is only seriously deadly for a small group, but I would miss my grandparents.

That’s terrible :(

I really hope my grandparents and my low-immunity extended family are doing well. 

Also. TOM HANKS. NOOO

• Sad 2

Rumor has it all of Vienna will be under lockdown according to my cousin who has that info from a contact. Wonderful. 58 known infected (pretty low). Might be fake news. Hopefully. They couldn't do that so soon...

Tirol (other major city) has much, much, more cases, though. Recently, 24 people were infected by a barkeeper. Some of these have boarded planes. This is so under control out there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gügle trànsløte said:

BOIS IT'S OFFICIAL

🦀 SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE NEXT WEEK! 🦀

🐄 also MY DAD IS ACTUALLY SERIOUS ABOUT BABEY COW 🐄

WHERE DO YOU LIVE???
I NEED TO SEE COW

• Like 1

currently just entered spring break.

We have taken home ALL of our books and we're unsure if we're gonna go back to school after it ends so like. all of our teachers are like "this is plan B etc. etc." 

Also one math teacher (Not mine but the other half of the class.) said "we're all gonna get it, it's just a matter of time." okay, but what degree do you have that makes this correct? You're also like 60 so. You'd probably die if you had it. So is my favorite teacher so... like... plz no.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

CORONAVIRUS HAS CANCELLED HAMILTON SHOWS?!

TIME TO ERADICATE A VIRUS

51 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

like... is it in your town? or just in your state? 

In my State. but like 20 miles away. Of course it could've spread idk.

52 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

wait your schools are seriously shutting down? there are 4 cases in our town,up to 10k in the uk, 10 deaths, a girl at school who might have it (she's had a dry cough and fever all week, she luckily just managed to get tested tonight before boris announced there would be no more testing. if she has it, we'll be told tomorrow morning and have to self isolate)

and we've been told that loads of our grandparents are gonna die, that schools definitely aren't closing yet, and that we should wash our hands

How to win Plauge Inc: Put everyone on UK logic.

51 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

oh, and that we aren't allowed to be tested anymore unless we're taken to hospital from it getting so bad

so basically, we've been told to live our lives normally with no way of knowing who has it or not

So... Antivaxxer logic. I suppose it'll work until we have a vaccine. 

Also wouldn't that just give the virus time to work up it's immunity to other things? I'm not a doctor/scientist so I am totally not verified on this, but can't it get stronger by just letting it be?

Sure yeah, we have to let it be when someone has the flu (Except when they could have complications.), but at least we tell them to stay home and not spread it around and live your life like normal just sit at home for a few weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gügle trànsløte said:

have some reddit memes

bfbcdffer7m41.png

mkundkzra8m41.jpg

I had this weird fear when I played plague Inc back a few years ago that the company that made plague inc would genetically engineer a disease/virus like yours and spread it around.

I might've been justified on that.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 2:29 PM, pebbleheart said:

honestly so mad my THREE DAY TRIP to Boston got cancelled : ( 

but yea the coronavirus here is pretty bad (new york) but not as bad as other places so hope yall stay safe and healthy

On 3/11/2020 at 2:36 PM, pebbleheart said:

okay ALSO like idk how but somehow the area around me does not have any infected people (lets say... maybe 10 miles?) but school is most likely going to be closed for at least one day for cleaning but so many things are being canceled its insane. our school does a disney trip every three years, and if my boston trip was cancelled, then disney has a high chance of being cancelled. school around the COUNTRY and closing and shutting down classes, and many social gatherings are just not happening.

in addition my science teacher (WHICH I HATE) started talking about coronavirus and the flu, and he brings up a good point. the flu happens every year, and alos kills many people, like the elderly or young children, but many people dont know that. they hear coronavirus on the news and go into panic mode. yes, i get that coronavirus is something new and something that should be taken seriously, but i dont see a reason to panic. 

my dad stocked up on cup noodles, pasta, bounty, anything you can think of. costco is limiting items. bjs is running out of items. even if the state of new york is put into lockdown, we should be fine. the mortality rate for the coronavirus is not too high, the the people that should be worrying more are those with medical condidtions and the elderly. 

wow thats a rant but anyways: stay calm, dont panic, and treat it like the flu

Should I be concerned?

I live in New York, have a brain condition that is already causing about half of my life to be taken away, I'm sick with a still unknown disease, my blood pressure keeps lowering, I get the flu almost every winter, and I'm already on a bunch of medicines.

I wasn't worried because before this thread I ignored everything involving the virus, but....

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Google übersetzen (Fuchsy) said:

Should I be concerned?

I live in New York, have a brain condition that is already causing about half of my life to be taken away, I'm sick with a still unknown disease, my blood pressure keeps lowering, I get the flu almost every winter, and I'm already on a bunch of medicines.

I wasn't worried because before this thread I ignored everything involving the virus, but....

Just be careful. Keep lysol at hand and don't get stressed. Having too much stress will hurt your immune system's ability to fight of virus'

3 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

Just be careful. Keep lysol at hand and don't get stressed. Having too much stress will hurt your immune system's ability to fight of virus'

I don't have Lysol?

2 minutes ago, Google übersetzen (Fuchsy) said:

I don't have Lysol?

I think ~60% ethanol/alcohol can kill it.Lysol is just the umbrella term for hand sanitizer and santizer wipes

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Google übersetzen (Fuchsy) said:

Should I be concerned?

well i guess it does depend where in new york. u shd research a little and see if ur area has any cases. even if it doesnt, make sure to be careful and do everything that you would do to prevent the flu