Stray Fawn Community

bud light virus

bostonlobstah

5 hours ago, Google übersetzen (Fuchsy) said:

plague that is almost uncureable

Very not true.

we though that about measles, smallpox, etc. now those are nearly extinct... minus a few Antivaxxers.

• Like 1

honestly, I hope it’s not my turn to catch the virus. Last time a virus went viral my brother got the swine flu. But I’m not young and innocent anymore and I don’t think going to get cured of the swine flu are flute lessons anymore.

Our stores are all out of shredded cheese. SHREDDED CHEESE and minced meat. Because that's totally the most important thing if you get quarantined.

We had to take all of our books home just in case (I have them at home anyways). 4H clubs are closed and so are church clubs. The next church camp counseling training might have to be done at home. (Yes, I'm training to become a church camp counselor). Schools could be shutting down, but i doubt it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eek! 2

Also schools being closed isn't the greatest thing ever when you're a 9th grader and need education. If the schools do get closed and it lasts a long time, we might have to go to school on saturdays and for the first six days of summer break

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm mostly scared bc I don't want my music competition to be canceled. it's march 25-26 and we've been practicing for ages. plus there's a musical fundraiser + the giant play, too, but those are under the control of our school. 

also it's my cousin's birthday today and he's in GERMANY so we better not be coming around to go see him any time soon

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

ahhh church is cancelled. now the virus is actually starting to affect my life...

My church was cancelled a while ago. x.x

Literally everything is cancelled for me but we are doing a virtual classroom

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

ahhh church is cancelled. now the virus is actually starting to affect my life...

apparently this was cancelled bc you're supposed to cancel group gatherings of 150+ people and we have more than that (despite still being considered a small church), which meant that the youth game night was still on last night. I went to it, it was awesome. Played a few rounds of Exploding Kittens (won 1 round, another one was very intense bc the last bit was between me and another girl and she had hoarded all her cards till the end so she played 3 Favors in a row + several pairs of the otherwise useless cards so that she'd have all of mine. and she stole back the defuse I stole from her.), a few rounds of Baloney Sandwich (also known as Bible Study at my school) (won one round bc I lied and was called out which got me the entire deck, but then since I had so many cards I could tell when the other girl was lying), and some In a Pickle (never heard of it before, but it was really fun. I got to put Movie Star into Stuffing bc of my creativity xD Didn't win any rounds though.) usually I don't like social gatherings like that but I made myself go and it was worth it

• Like 2
  • Eek! 4

so my spring break is the week before easter—the week after the week after next week. school was just canceled for the week after next week (p.s. 'next week' starts tomorrow since it's saturday for me). thus,I have school next week but a two week break. however, I'm gonna have work for the break : (

omg omg omg 

so i found out today my grandparents neighbor got coronavirus

he has been hospitalized for a while now, but they are just telling us it now. he went to the philippines and came back

my grandparents are okay, just a little shaken. but its just so scary how the virus is spreading kind of fast

i was went to their place last week but im not showing any symptoms so lets keep it this way

stay safe everyone😷

• Sad 6

46 minutes ago, pebbleheart said:

omg omg omg 

so i found out today my grandparents neighbor got coronavirus

he has been hospitalized for a while now, but they are just telling us it now. he went to the philippines and came back

my grandparents are okay, just a little shaken. but its just so scary how the virus is spreading kind of fast

i was went to their place last week but im not showing any symptoms so lets keep it this way

stay safe everyone😷

I thought that was the :D emoji-

• Haha 1

My choir competition has been postponed to a TBA date, plus my choir fundraiser event. Also, 11 cases reported in my county (though it is a pretty big county) (2 are ppl not from the county).

OMG APPARENTLY THE WHOLE COUNTY IS CLOSING SCHOOL FOR TWO WEEKS

thank god im not in the city mayor deblasio isnt that great hes keeping schools open even though the teachers union and parents are telling him to close school ;-; i know many people are protesting that and not showing up to school next week, since absences wont be counted

• Eek! 2

50 minutes ago, pebbleheart said:

OMG APPARENTLY THE WHOLE COUNTY IS CLOSING SCHOOL FOR TWO WEEKS

thank god im not in the city mayor deblasio isnt that great hes keeping schools open even though the teachers union and parents are telling him to close school ;-; i know many people are protesting that and not showing up to school next week, since absences wont be counted

EEEE its confirmed :0

but this leads to LOTS of problems

im on my grade's student gov, and we are in charge of battle of the classes. its really stressful right now cause this has just never happened before

also the schools are going to most likely have to rearrange the schedule, maybe take away spring break or something

so yea

• Sad 5

why the hell are all of your schools closing, we have like 1500 people infected and 35 dead and were doing literally nothing. like, weve been told to life life normally

(no, the "have 7 days off for symptoms no matter how mild" thing is worth nothing. the person who made up that idea knows full well only about 5% of the population has the luxury of having days off whenever, no matter what the government said. our school have already told us we will be punished for following that)

• Sad 6

9 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

why the hell are all of your schools closing, we have like 1500 people infected and 35 dead and were doing literally nothing. like, weve been told to life life normally

(no, the "have 7 days off for symptoms no matter how mild" thing is worth nothing. the person who made up that idea knows full well only about 5% of the population has the luxury of having days off whenever, no matter what the government said. our school have already told us we will be punished for following that)

While giving days off sounds good in theory, 7 really are not long enough for a person to stop being infectious in most cases.

• Paw up 2

Just now, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

While giving days off sounds good in theory, 7 really are not long enough for a person to stop being infectious in most cases.

Here it's 14 days

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

21 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Here it's 14 days

Here it's unlimited days, depending on if you can afford it. Schools have more local options (yet), but they'd probably won't let you near the building if you show symptoms. Mine would probably just stuff people in long distance classes and that's it. 

• Like 2

Whenever there's a big accident or a terrorist attack or something, people are always like "This is horrible! Imagine how their families feel right now!"

Now that the corona virus is a thing, everyone just keeps saying "Don't worry, you aren't a part of the risk group!"

But the risk group is still someone's loved ones! I'm not worried for myself, but I have a lot of elderly relatives who I care about and I don't want them to get sick!

• Like 2
  • Paw up 3