Stray Fawn Community

bud light virus

bostonlobstah

cw/// child neglect/ emotional abuse

apparently a year 7 (11 years old) who gets on the same bus as me to school and lives in the same flat block as me is being isolated in his room by his mum and he literally isn't allowed to go within 6 ft of anyone in the house. he has to stay in his room to do work and can only leave to get his own food (mum cant go near him to give him food) or go to the toilet. my mum just showed me his mum's facebook post with a picture of him in his bed before she shut the door captioned "see you in 3 weeks -kids name- 👋!!!" and like. oh my god I feel so sorry for him hes literally not going to be able to see/ talk to another human for 3 WEEKS

(this is all because a girl in our school got tested positive for it last tuesday)

• Sad 6

26 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

cw/// child neglect/ emotional abuse

apparently a year 7 (11 years old) who gets on the same bus as me to school and lives in the same flat block as me is being isolated in his room by his mum and he literally isn't allowed to go within 6 ft of anyone in the house. he has to stay in his room to do work and can only leave to get his own food (mum cant go near him to give him food) or go to the toilet. my mum just showed me his mum's facebook post with a picture of him in his bed before she shut the door captioned "see you in 3 weeks -kids name- 👋!!!" and like. oh my god I feel so sorry for him hes literally not going to be able to see/ talk to another human for 3 WEEKS

(this is all because a girl in our school got tested positive for it last tuesday)

Three. Weeks?? That woman is literally just looking for excuses to neglect him

• Paw up 3

I'm going to guess that my school might just end for the rest of the year. Originally, it was supposed to end on March 30th. Now it ends on April 21st. They changed it 2 days into the quarantine. 

• Sad 1

Just now, pebbleheart said:

i want ur opinions:

do u see any "racism" in trump using the term "china virus"?

i can see an argument for both sides

Isn't this political. I mean, I'd be happy to move to PMs and discuss this so long as we have a civil discussion but many people can't handle that.

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, pebbleheart said:

i want ur opinions:

do u see any "racism" in trump using the term "china virus"?

i can see an argument for both sides

yes, its racist because that gives people a "reason" to be racist towards people from china. its like, directly connecting the two even though its almost gone in china

as of yesterday there were 5,683 cases and 281 deaths in the UK, including an 18 year old who I believe is the youngest person to die from covid-19 so far. I think we're headed for a complete lockdown within the next few days.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

as of yesterday there were 5,683 cases and 281 deaths in the UK, including an 18 year old who I believe is the youngest person to die from covid-19 so far. I think we're headed for a complete lockdown within the next few days.

got our daily update from Boris a bit under two hours ago, we're now only allowed to leave the house to buy basic necessities (food and the like), get medical assistance and to go to work if we can't work from home. it's no longer advice, it's now being enforced by the police.

cases have also gone up to 6,650 and deaths to 335.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

32 minutes ago, BirdsAreCool said:

got our daily update from Boris a bit under two hours ago, we're now only allowed to leave the house to buy basic necessities (food and the like), get medical assistance and to go to work if we can't work from home. it's no longer advice, it's now being enforced by the police

that's pretty much how it will be starting midnight tonight in my county

On 3/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, Goggles-kun said:

Also, some news: the first confirmed death from Israel (if you believe Israel is a true state, anyway), was a Holocaust survivor. The guy was old, but deserved a more honorable death. 

Off topic but... I met a holocaust survivor at a holocaust meusuem completely by accident. My class was the only class that met one.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

2 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Nononononononono 

3D2B0ED5-9FEF-45BD-B4C6-0B9D01F3397C.jpeg.217eebf8fdb94c0518c95b1e4c138f09.jpeg

Are you in Nevada? At least you can’t be taken from us. Or at least it’s a way less that .5 percent chance.

41 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

Are you in Nevada? At least you can’t be taken from us. Or at least it’s a way less that .5 percent chance.

True. Nevada’s population is pretty tiny so I’m not so worried, but still

Hi guys!! It’s been a while

Im doing well, no one is sick yet

I helped to make face masks for the local hospital today. I hope it can count towards my community service hours

No updates on farm animals.

As for the ‘Chinese virus’ thing, I can see how it could be offensive to some. I don’t think it’s a huuuge deal personally, but like Georgie said it can be an excuse to be racist although I don’t believe that’s often the intention. It’s also an excuse to call Trump a racist, which I don’t mind, because he is anyway. 
End of subject. Sorry

• Like 5

1 confirmed case in greenland.

As a plauge inc. player who has been undercut and defeated even though I infected greenland w/o starting there, I am not worried.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:29 PM, BirdsAreCool said:

cases have also gone up to 6,650 and deaths to 335.

we're now at 11,658 cases (the first jump over 2,000 from one day to the next) and 584 deaths (the first jump over 100)

we also recieved news yesterday that Prince Charles (the heir apparent, ie. the person next in line for the throne if the queen dies) was tested positive for coronavirus in the same city I live in. he's over 70 but supposedly only showing mild symptoms atm

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, BirdsAreCool said:

we also recieved news yesterday that Prince Charles (the heir apparent, ie. the person next in line for the throne if the queen dies) was tested positive for coronavirus in the same city I live in. he's over 70 but supposedly only showing mild symptoms atm

I saw it from all the memes

queen - Elizabeth - Funny Memes

• Haha 4