Stray Fawn Community

bud light virus

bostonlobstah

1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

our school is sending like literally anyone who coughs or is a bit warm down to medical, except me apparently (who actually has a really bad cold) 

If I went to your school, I would've been at the medic's for the last 2 months xD I've had a cough since early January, when I got sick. also since then, bread makes me have a stomach ache. no idea why.

Edited by Skysplash8
since, not sense
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I live in Wisconsin and there’s someone who has it about 45 mins from me. Worst part? They sent the test in Saturday and he went to a school function. So now the school is closed. People are seriously so careless, I swear.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

A teacher in a neighboring county has been confirmed with the virus. ~27mi away. I also have a few friends who live in that county. 😧

I might be able to one-up Georgie soon ha. frick.

also:

image.thumb.png.2563093fc0f6f8794c12231a94e0e3d3.png

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dahl_Tech said:

I live in Wisconsin and there’s someone who has it about 45 mins from me. Worst part? They sent the test in Saturday and he went to a school function. So now the school is closed. People are seriously so careless, I swear.

Yeah. If you think you have it to the point you send in a test, stay home and spray lysol everywhere.

I think I had the same situation but 27 miles away and a teacher who probably touched homework and students and desks and a lot of things. (As stated above.)

Edit: All schools in that county are closed.

4 minutes ago, SilversDead said:

I think the virus is only deadly if you're really unhealthy.. like having a cold or not eating enough healthy foods, I can understand why everyone would be so worried or would want to panic, but remember guys, the more you stress about it, the more likely you'll get the sickness, stress is basically one leading cause of unhealthiness in alot of people like me.. ;-;

Yeah, I'm not really concerned about myself, I might not even show symptoms of illness. But I could still be spreading it to others. And I have many extended family members and friends with weak immune systems or health complications that could make the virus much more concerning for them. :( 

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

6 minutes ago, Google Oversætter said:

BREAKING NEWS! (I litteraly just came back from listening to the news lol) 

QUARANTINE IN ALL OF DENMARK WILL START ON SATURDAY AND WILL CONTINUE FOR 14 DAYS! 

I look at this positively. I am gonna have a 14 days vacation at home
:D

Oh yay that one guy in my class that just got back from Florida (before the quarantine rule was apparent) and probably has doomed all of the school
no worries, though, of course. He came back before the rule, so he shouldn’t quarantine himself! Yes, total logic I see it. Don’t come running to me when you have a sore throat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's officially, legally, a pandemic. That means my mother, a doctor, has no protection from the law. Since her employer's a jerk and we have no cases, she's not going to get any free days for a long time. Or come home at all.

In Italy, they're at 2 hours of sleep per night now. Anyone with small children is allowed to run off, the rest can suffer. Of course, this is going to kill quite a lot of staff sooner or later and cause long term psychological damage. But who cares, right? Burnout's a myth and doctors signed up for this. Totally.

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

because our school are massive attendance freaks and we've all realised there's no point shutting down schools because we're at the point where we would still go out and get it anyway

You didn’t answer my first question.

also so is mine. We are just using a crap ton of hand sanitizer and Lysol. I legit said to my principal: “I wish we would get snow days”

”me too”

”But you call all the shots, right?!”

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

You didn’t answer my first question.

also so is mine. We are just using a crap ton of hand sanitizer and Lysol. I legit said to my principal: “I wish we would get snow days”

”me too”

”But you call all the shots, right?!”

No, the government closes schools 

1 minute ago, Renio said:

No, the government closes schools 

Private schools work on their own thing I think. Metro is closed by state or county govt. I think.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

23 hours ago, pebbleheart said:

wait this is an actual question

do people in places that dont snow get snow days?

Well, the one time it did snow in Arizona they DID get snow days. So yeah if it snows.

Also happened in To Kill A Mockingbird, they lived in Alabama I think. They have a lower requirement since their roads and vehicles aren't meant to be made for snow. Also less snowplows etc. They keep all that stuff in the north.

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, pebbleheart said:

honestly so mad my THREE DAY TRIP to Boston got cancelled : ( 

but yea the coronavirus here is pretty bad (new york) but not as bad as other places so hope yall stay safe and healthy

okay ALSO like idk how but somehow the area around me does not have any infected people (lets say... maybe 10 miles?) but school is most likely going to be closed for at least one day for cleaning but so many things are being canceled its insane. our school does a disney trip every three years, and if my boston trip was cancelled, then disney has a high chance of being cancelled. school around the COUNTRY and closing and shutting down classes, and many social gatherings are just not happening.

in addition my science teacher (WHICH I HATE) started talking about coronavirus and the flu, and he brings up a good point. the flu happens every year, and alos kills many people, like the elderly or young children, but many people dont know that. they hear coronavirus on the news and go into panic mode. yes, i get that coronavirus is something new and something that should be taken seriously, but i dont see a reason to panic. 

my dad stocked up on cup noodles, pasta, bounty, anything you can think of. costco is limiting items. bjs is running out of items. even if the state of new york is put into lockdown, we should be fine. the mortality rate for the coronavirus is not too high, the the people that should be worrying more are those with medical condidtions and the elderly. 

wow thats a rant but anyways: stay calm, dont panic, and treat it like the flu

9 minutes ago, pebbleheart said:

in addition my science teacher (WHICH I HATE) started talking about coronavirus and the flu, and he brings up a good point. the flu happens every year, and alos kills many people, like the elderly or young children, but many people dont know that. they hear coronavirus on the news and go into panic mode. yes, i get that coronavirus is something new and something that should be taken seriously, but i dont see a reason to panic. 

That's because we have preventable options for the flu. And a cure. Those that die are usually immunocompromised or unvaccinated or to old to save. For coronavirus we have no cure or even vaccine. however those that do die from coronavirus are usually in the same category, but we also do have vaccines again, which means it still spreads easily and Karens and the braindead aren't the only ones spreading the virus.

You should be cautious and take extra precaution but don't stress. 

Have faith in the thousands of doctors working around the clock to help us.

• Like 1

Just now, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

I'm pretty sure most people in the uk do? it might just be a southerner thing

I thought the imperial system was 99% America. and the UK used metric like the rest of the sane world.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, G00gle Translate said:

I thought the imperial system was 99% America. and the UK used metric like the rest of the sane world.

only the united states, liberia, and myanmar use the system XD 

living with two systems makes me head spin .-.

1 minute ago, pebbleheart said:

Image result for imperial system

huh the usa has done some wacky stuff now that im looking at it but the month day year thing just works somehow

As an American who likes history, I'm kinda mad that the founders of that strange system didn't make yards to a mile 1776. 16 off and so much easier to remember lol.