CABINET

On 7/20/2020 at 6:46 AM, TundraKitsune said:

I drew my terraria character :)

I forgot the accessories, but I think it's alright anyway

is this how you human

285241486_TerrariaCharacter2.thumb.png.61c5ba5cd0b80bd9908e0c0e71db5c44.png

(he really likes his SDMG)

That cat make me so happy...

It looks pretty coolxD Now I want to try drawing all my characters from games to (but I can't human)

• 3 weeks later...

:)

1308392104_Kriys(REDESIGN!).thumb.png.5a28959fae1dc62309d9d54e32960a66.png

If you've been following my homebase for a while, this character is a redesign of this one:

296615183_Kryys2.thumb.png.de0910fe0f0d6077f6dcd02014e6999e.png

I may be biased, but I think the new one is much cuter! Also I've just generally improved at art since the first one, so yeah

• Eek! 1
  • Love 5

• CABINET changed the title to A Place for Tundra's Misc. Art
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Lisa said:

HOW DO YOU DRAW SUCH GOOD ART!?

i can only draw on paper, and barely :P

sometimes i try drawing sonic the hedgehog and he always looks like he is on a sugar rush

Well, I’m still learning myself :P (I’m not very good at drawing humans, especially hands, and I frequently end up rage quitting during the sketching process help). But for improvement, I can recommend using reference photos (those have saved my metaphorical life in drawing) and trying to find the areas you need improvement in and practicing those (try to do it more than I do if you do that though).

There are lots of people online with far better advice than I could ever give too, so that might help

Sorry if this went nowhere or isn’t helpful, I’m not good at giving advice 

• Like 1

Just now, TundraKitsune said:

Well, I’m still learning myself :P (I’m not very good at drawing humans, especially hands, and I frequently end up rage quitting during the sketching process help). But for improvement, I can recommend using reference photos (those have saved my metaphorical life in drawing) and trying to find the areas you need improvement in and practicing those (try to do it more than I do if you do that though).

There are lots of people online with far better advice than I could ever give too, so that might help

Sorry if this went nowhere or isn’t helpful, I’m not good at giving advice 

I can never get the neck or torso right..

it always looks like a deformed potato

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lisa said:

HOW DO YOU DRAW SUCH GOOD ART!?

i can only draw on paper, and barely :P

sometimes i try drawing sonic the hedgehog and he always looks like he is on a sugar rush

Find art styles that you like and want to draw like. Look at their art and try copying one of their pieces as exact as you can (if you post it somewhere, make sure you give credit). This will help you remember how they drew, and can help you get better. Do this with more art. You can focus on just certain parts of styles too, like if you want to mostly draw like one person but draw paws like someone else. Try to draw your own things in the styles you see. Put your own spin on it. Eventually, you'll get better, and one day you'll have your own style, distinguishable from the ones you copied from.

This is what I've done.Here's a link to my DA list of art that I like. When I draw I look at some of it and try and copy small things.

https://www.deviantart.com/skysplash8/favourites/79267173/i-wanna-draw-like-this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sky said:

Find art styles that you like and want to draw like. Look at their art and try copying one of their pieces as exact as you can (if you post it somewhere, make sure you give credit). This will help you remember how they drew, and can help you get better. Do this with more art. You can focus on just certain parts of styles too, like if you want to mostly draw like one person but draw paws like someone else. Try to draw your own things in the styles you see. Put your own spin on it. Eventually, you'll get better, and one day you'll have your own style, distinguishable from the ones you copied from.

This is what I've done.Here's a link to my DA list of art that I like. When I draw I look at some of it and try and copy small things.

https://www.deviantart.com/skysplash8/favourites/79267173/i-wanna-draw-like-this

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my drawing weaknesses is drawing distinct body types. It's a good idea to practice your weaknesses to improve them, so here's a little piece I made to practice that, featuring two of my characters. Cats, of course because I'm predictable

411491565_NeonandBasil.thumb.png.1452875912cf2a51a17bd86c31e07a4d.png

• Love 6

6 minutes ago, TundraKitsune said:

One of my drawing weaknesses is drawing distinct body types. It's a good idea to practice your weaknesses to improve them, so here's a little piece I made to practice that, featuring two of my characters. Cats, of course because I'm predictable

411491565_NeonandBasil.thumb.png.1452875912cf2a51a17bd86c31e07a4d.png

Those are beautiful art pieces! I struggle with that too.

What program do you use?

• 2 weeks later...