Stray Fawn Community

A Fiery, Savanna-Dwelling, Co-threat

orinz

i got the idea of adding a new savanna creature from another idea

u know how theres fire outbreaks in the savanna? and how theres aggressive termites? what if they were taken a step forward

this idea gives a suggestion about a new creature for the savanna along with 1 or 2 genes to help equal it/fight it off.

this is my main idea: a big fire ant mixed with a lion and leopard (lion main, leopard claws and spots) that takes up two tiles and can move two tiles (starting from the closest point of it's body). it can only move once during the day, and once during the night. this creature has a chance to spawn after attacking/feeding off of termite hills (where ever the hills spawn, regardless if its not in the actual savanna island), when most bushes are dried out or out of berries, (a little bit before) before, during, and after a fire, and finally if u happen to land on or dig up one of its tunnels/holes. u will know if u dug up or landed on one of it's tunnels or holes because the tunnels will have small little white dots in it which u can harvest. these are it's eggs. it's hole will have claw marks all around the rim of the hole. now for combat. this beast is immune to fire and on top of that has a 60% chance to set the nicheling that it attacks on fire. these creatures are always aggressive. for such powerful creature there must be rewards. once u kill the beast, it will flip upside down and then u can harvest it's body for 30 food. heres the special surprise tho. if u look at it's head, u'll see that there will be the option to carve out the head, which will give u 5-10 food and then u can have one of ur nichelings wear the head as a helmet. the helmet will last a few lifetimes before breaking and gives 1-2 defense and the nicheling will have a 50% chance not to get burned when attacked by one of the beasts or in a fire. there will also an fiery ant armor gene which will give same buff as the helmet if not already given and 2-3 armor,  that u can get from feeding off of termite mounds, harvesting the eggs of the beast, and wearing the helmet (once) for at least 20-50 times (not including helmet). then there will be retractable claws genes (front and hind) that are mostly like the claw genes and runner legs genes mixed together (runner legs speed and claw attack power mixed together) except it has a front leg and hind leg version and each leg/claw/paw has 5-10% chance to set any creature (besides the creature i suggested) that it hits on fire. in all the fire attack percentage would be 20%-40% chance

over all stats:

fire leeont:

0 eyesight

3 hearing

5 smelling 

2 attack power

60% chance to set an enemy on fire when fire leeont attacks said enemy

1-2 defense

immune to fire (damage)

2 speed

1 turn during the day and one turn during the night

aggressive

a giant fire ant taking up two tile, about half the height of a bearyena, has sort of beefy arms that are the same width as the paws so they slide right in, shiny and has the color of bright, kind of transparent, red with black spots every where on it's body, and a lion's main at it's neck the color of orange-ish brown, yellow-orange, or a brown-ish yellow and finally two, big, red-orange, pincer at it's mouth. they will spawn from their holes or dug up tunnels when the conditions are right. 

fire paws:

+1 speed

+1 attack power, 3 attack power if genes are identical (this only registers for front paws)

+2 attack power (only for hind legs)

+2 stealth

+5%-10% chance to set opponent on fire when attacking (hind legs automatically give 10%-20% chance to set opponent on fire)

+1 cold resistance

much like the actual fire leeont claws but with fur near paw that looks like a flame and looks some what like a leopards strong front arm (besides the paws which have fire decorations made out of fur like pyroar from pokemon in a way) with all the fur and spots on the rest of the arm.

kill a fire leeont, steal their eggs 5-10 times, spend 10 days in hot climate, and eat termites from termite hill 5-10 times to unlock gene.

fire body:

+1-2 armor

+2 heat and cold resistance

+1 heat radiation

+50% chance not to get burned/take fire damage

same unlock requirements as paws plus having to wear a fire leeont helmet for a day/obtain a fire leeont helmet.

glossy with a natural red hint to it and no fur. sort of like armor body but all fused together with out any over lapping layers and more oval shaped (like an ant but without those little hip/waists)

fire leeont helmet:

+2-3 armor

+50% chance not take damage from fire if effect is not already in place

sets chance of setting opponent on fire to 50%, regardless of how much percentage they had before

the severed head of a dead fire leeont. gives 5-10 food when hollowing out for wearing. lasts a few lifetimes. same color as the fire leeont head but more transparent.

18 replies to this post

2 hours ago, orinz said:

i also sorta feel like the devs are leaning more toward insect eating/collecting genes rn so i sorta have my doubts

That was the theme of the last update

6 hours ago, The guiding spirit said:

That was the theme of the last update

ik but i feel like the devs have been leaning toward insect related stuff lately (ex: bat head, sticky tongue, and others)

(just saying in reply not on the offensive or anything) 

1 minute ago, orinz said:

ik but i feel like the devs have been leaning toward insect related stuff lately (ex: bat head, sticky tongue, and others)

(just saying in reply not on the offensive or anything) 

Yeah, but that was only one update. That doesn't mean they'll keep leaning towards that for future updates.

Really good idea and needs more work but it needs more organization and more elequency, I say it this way because , I want this post to  be added to the game,  some times. random thoughts are the most useful, and they have helped life progress into what it is now, things have  gone good on one end lets make another end go good too.( is this good writing?)

i see what u mean on orginzation but not for work, anyways i'll work on the organization probs a bit later on since i'm working on making a perfect diverse tribe split into 3 and alot of nichelings. some how i started with 450 and after settling in and get like 15+ nichelings i have 500+ food now...  

17 hours ago, Sky said:

Yeah, but that was only one update. That doesn't mean they'll keep leaning towards that for future updates.

true. thx for pointing that out... i was being a bit singal minded (aka stupid).

16 hours ago, Zixvir said:

Really good idea and needs more work but it needs more organization and more elequency, I say it this way because , I want this post to  be added to the game,  some times. random thoughts are the most useful, and they have helped life progress into what it is now, things have  gone good on one end lets make another end go good too.( is this good writing?)

(to answer ur question, yes it a good and very true writing)