Stray Fawn Community

The Chenthya Queendom

Sky

13 minutes ago, Sky said:

sorry I haven't posted anymore of this yet, I swear I haven't abandoned it yet. today I started school back again (at home and online; I was on spring break last week), so it might slow even more : (

So you have the fabled spring break eh? Ours was supposed to be this week I think (I’ve lost track of time) but they canceled it bc we’re home anyways and if we keep working then we can get out of school like 3 seconds earlier.. but yay not dead!! :Eek:

• Sad 1
  • Eek! 1

I have so. many. ideas. for this playthrough. I have two docs for this thing. one shows all characters ever, along with personality traits. the other is plot ideas. they're all in sections: curses, blessings, then withing plot ideas there's queenly, royal, peasant,  transfer of the crown, scenario-specific (as in, something in the game has to happen in order for the idea to be used), and other. then I have my current plot ideas for what I'll do next, though it might change. then finally I have the next part which is like 1 third done. 

also: starting thursday, for every day that I don't release Part Eleven (up to its release), I'll share a bit of a hint as to what comes next (no big spoilers of course, just like 'this character has a kid' and 'this character's personality is revealed'). that should keep you guys from getting out the pitchforks and torches one minor clue I'll just give now (though so far I haven't written anything with it) is that I do have plans for Mii ;)

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

5 minutes ago, Sky said:

I have so. many. ideas. for this playthrough. I have two docs for this thing. one shows all characters ever, along with personality traits. the other is plot ideas. they're all in sections: curses, blessings, then withing plot ideas there's queenly, royal, peasant,  transfer of the crown, scenario-specific (as in, something in the game has to happen in order for the idea to be used), and other. then I have my current plot ideas for what I'll do next, though it might change. then finally I have the next part which is like 1 third done. 

also: starting thursday, for every day that I don't release Part Eleven (up to its release), I'll share a bit of a hint as to what comes next (no big spoilers of course, just like 'this character has a kid' and 'this character's personality is revealed'). that should keep you guys from getting out the pitchforks and torches one minor clue I'll just give now (though so far I haven't written anything with it) is that I do have plans for Mii ;)

if you hurt my precious son of Adam so help me I will get the pitchforks and torches anyways!-

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

1 hour ago, Flower said:

if you hurt my precious son of Adam so help me I will get the pitchforks and torches anyways!-

if I am bad and don't get out the next part tomorrow then the first hint will be relating to Onoko ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sky said:

Yess, my favorite exiled princess.

• Like 3

because of what I'll give away in this hint, I'm having to rewrite everything I wrote, so it's gonna take a liiiiittle longer. thus, a hint for y'all:

I've been planning to hop around to other characters' view points for a while, and I've finally found a good spot to do so. thus, the next part is from Onoko's perspective ;)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Sky said:

I needed something to help me come up with personalities for nichelings so I made this. it's a WIP. I only put stuff on that I felt I could actually portray. feel free to use it, or even make a different version with more stuff

https://perchance.org/chenthya-personalities

the multiple personalities thing is a slur. please remove it. 

Just now, Clover said:

It is? How?

(sorry if I sound rude, I'm just cofused)

MPD ('multiple personality disorder') was used to discriminate against people with DID, OSDD and USDDs [collectively grouped under the term systems] and is shown in many horror movies to portray a serial killer (who, 9 times out of 10, are NTAB, or NeuroTypical and AbleBodied). This has lead to real life abuse and murder of systems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wikipedia [he/him] said:

MPD ('multiple personality disorder') was used to discriminate against people with DID, OSDD and USDDs [collectively grouped under the term systems] and is shown in many horror movies to portray a serial killer (who, 9 times out of 10, are NTAB, or NeuroTypical and AbleBodied). This has lead to real life abuse and murder of systems.

I'm sorry, I just went through a list of psychologial disorders on some medical website and found the bit on DiD, I'll remove it

• Paw up 1

14 minutes ago, wikipedia [he/him] said:

i have a list already if you want to add it? its more complete and doesnt have offensive terms 

Sure, though I might not add much cause there's some stuff that I don't know enough about to try and portray. 

Also, I don't think it was the website that had the offensive term, I just wanted to put it simply and without using the exact term, and I didn't know that putting it that way would be wrong. Sorry :( 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sky said:

Sure, though I might not add much cause there's some stuff that I don't know enough about to try and portray. 

Also, I don't think it was the website that had the offensive term, I just wanted to put it simply and without using the exact term, and I didn't know that putting it that way would be wrong. Sorry :( 

https://perchance.org/niche-idds

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I keep forgetting about this, and when I remember, I ever so suddenly have writer's block and can't figure out what to write next. Thus, I'm now rewriting 2/3 of a chapter! And the first 1/2 was already written and rewritten, lol.

• Like 1

Part Eleven, Day Twenty-Six—Queen’s Mate Onoko

It was a few days after I became blind when Rahzere gave birth to a child.

20200409202908_1.thumb.jpg.6c89126b6f062bd50ceb7350f3066fd9.jpg

“Ugh,” she groaned. “A son. Here, take it.” A bundle of fur was thrusted into my paws. I could hear her walk away, towards the shore.

“Hi,” I said the the bundle of fur. It mewed, and I nearly dropped it—uh, him. “I, uh—I’m not really sure how to take care of kids…” I managed to feel my way into the nest and settled my son beside me. “I guess I have to give you a name.” The fur-bundle snuggled into my belly, searching for milk. I nudged him away from my stomach—there’s no milk here. “What about...Pnuma?” The baby mewed very loud, making me jump. “I guess you like that, huh?” The child—Pnuma—mewed again, and almost instantly began to snore. Pretty soon, I was probably snoring too.

(p.s. Pnuma is pronounced noo-muh)

~ ~ ~

It was morning again. I couldn’t see the sky, but Pnuma was awake. He was tugging on my ear, trying to play. Aww.

Then I heard Rahzere coming. I had learned to recognize her by her footsteps—light, but strong and fierce. I instantly straightened up and curled my tail around him to protect Pnuma (he promptly began to chew on it).

“ONOKO!” She called my name strict and loud. “It’s time we move on to a new island.” What? A new island?! I liked the one we lived on now...but I couldn’t defy her, so I kept quiet. “I’m going to gather the rest of you.” She said ‘you’ as though she was disgusted that she’d have to bring males with her. “Meet me at the east side of the island with him.” She was probably referring to Pnuma, but if she gestured to him at all, I obviously couldn’t see it. There’s a port there.”

“Yes, my Queen.” I wish I didn’t have to come. But I don’t want to get hurt. And I don’t want Pnuma to get hurt, either.

Rahzere walked away in the direction of Niit and Enkra. I was just settling back into the nest with Pnuma—my son is too young to walk long distances quite yet—when I heard someone heading my way, from the Unknown. The footsteps stopped.

“Onoko!”

I paused, astounded. “...Mii?”

“ONOKO!!!” Suddenly there was fur rubbing against my face in a nuzzle. “But— Rahzere might see you—!”

“Oh, I’m fine, don’t worry! She left to go talk to Niit and Enkra.” She paused for a quick moment before barrelling on. “So, how are you?! It’s been so long! The last time I saw you Rahzere was sending me out and I was crying and Father was crying and you were crying but you were being brave and then I couldn’t see you anymore and then I went and cried myself to sleep in the rain and wished Mother were here even though she was mean to me (I guess I wish she was a good mother and treated us and Father and Niit and Enkra and even Plithhrin and Ique even though they’ve been off on hunting adventures all my life) and then when I woke up I stopped crying because Father was there and he gave me a lovely necklace of le—OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU BLIND AND IS THAT A BABY.” She went off track so abruptly that it took me a moment to respond.

“Uh, yeah...Rahzere made me be her mate...and I refused.” Mii didn’t respond, but Pnuma mewed to her. Mii started mewing back. “Uh…? Anyways, what did Father give you?”

“Oh YEAH!” She mewed one more time to Pnuma before continuing our conversation. “He gave me this special necklace of these cool red leaves leaves and told me that he made it when he was on his home island and always wore it around his neck his whole life but his big fluffy neck fur hid it and he gave it to me because he decided I would lead my descendants home and if his family saw his necklace they’d know we belonged there so when I have a daughter and she becomes Queen she’ll take the necklace and then her daughter will have it and her daughter will have it and on and on and on to INFINITY or until we get home.” How she said that all in one breath, I do not know.

“Oh...kay?”

“WAIT THERE’S MORE! If I’m supposed to be Queen like Father said and have my daughter become Queen and on and on then Rahzere can’t be Queen and she’s gotta go anyways because she’s treating you badly so I’ve come up with the genius plan to kill her!” She said this so...cheerfully.

“Wait...kill her…?”

“Yep! It’s the only way we’ll get to live happily, so she’s gotta go! I’m gonna kill—”

“Woah woah woah.” I covered Pnuma’s ears. “Don’t talk about this in front of him. You can...do it. Just don’t do it in front of him, okay?”

“Oh! Yeah! Sorry. See ya later!”

• Like 5
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 3