Stray Fawn Community

Spitting Head

Leaellynasaura

So, I just randomly had an idea for a new gene. It would maybe look kind of like a snake head, with frills on the sides. If a creature comes within a certain range (maybe three or four spaces?) the nicheling with the gene has an option to spit at it. The creature would be poisoned, and wouldn't take damage right away. Perhaps you could make puddles on certain spots, and creatures who step in them (including nichelings) would be poisoned.

Edit: Based on people's suggestions, I think that I should change it to instead paralyze the target for a day or two, although only a few turns for larger creatures. However, there is also a very small chance to poison the target.

Edit 2: Should probably add some possible unlock conditions. I think that it would be unlocked after eating a certain number of toxic berries and licking a certain number of times. Another option could involve picking from the carnivorous plant.

• Like 18
  • Love 2

22 replies to this post

Spitting is something I wanted to add since FOREVER. Some of you might still remember that the Derp Snout used to be called Spit Snout, the reason being that we wanted to give it spitting ability :D
It would be able to spit at Rabills and other small prey, which would glue them to the ground for a day.
Take my upvote!

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Maybe it could be a Llama head that you can use to spit at creatures with. Just imagine having a whole tribe of llamas, with everyone spitting at rabbils and crabbits and every other living thing they can find xD Would probably only have +1 attack.

• Like 4

It would be nice if instead of poison, it could paralyze whatever it spat on for a few days. Making it easier to kill. I would be thrilled if it was added like that so I can make walrus deer stay still for at least a little bit. 

Also, maybe it could also give +1 attractiveness because of the frills, or have an ability to stun small creatures by quickly opening their frills. So, for example, you could stun a rabbil, and then it would be easier to kill.

My idea for its appearance would look something like this:

(sorry about any blurriness, for some reason my phone refused to focus unless I tilted it just the right way, and then give me only a second to take the picture)

IMG_0498.JPG

Also, the reason that the head is so short is due to the pictures of spitting cobra heads I found on Google.

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, The_Espurr_Queen said:

I think that it would be cool for a spit head (Squid Beak?) that could stun an enemy for a day. I would probably have a cool-down on so you can't spam it on apes or killer bearynas (unless it's along the lines of being an ancient gene, which would make it hard to get). The stunned enemies wouldn't attack and wouldn't move, even when being attacked themselves. It would also give your nichelings an opportunity to flee from an ape or a rogue male.

I loved this idea so much I HAD to draw up a sketch before bed today xD I like the idea of it being an ancient gene, or at least one that's really hard to get, rather than giving it a cool down. The one I drew would, like the Derp Snout, not show what ears it has, showing the spade headpiece instead, but the dominant ears' stats would still apply, and like the Bearyena Snout it wouldn't have a mane. Also I gave it a blue toxic body because it's a squid, why not? xD I think the beak would be the same color as the horns, just like platypus beak and regular beak. Didn't know what to do with the suction cups, so I just made them pink in order to stand out from the rest of the body. I think on top of the spit ability it should also have +1 gathering and +1 cracking.
5afcff40bb5e1_SquidHead.png.0acde4cc2b31c693ac5b82f249a76915.png

• Like 5

On 5/14/2018 at 11:44 AM, The_Espurr_Queen said:

I think that it would be cool for a spit head (Squid Beak?) that could stun an enemy for a day. I would probably have a cool-down on so you can't spam it on apes or killer bearynas (unless it's along the lines of being an ancient gene, which would make it hard to get). The stunned enemies wouldn't attack and wouldn't move, even when being attacked themselves. It would also give your nichelings an opportunity to flee from an ape or a rogue male.

Imagine in order to get the Squid Beak you gotta dive down to the deepest part of the water and break open something similar to the ice bergs to UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love this idea :D

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Leaellynasaura said:

My idea for its appearance would look something like this:

(sorry about any blurriness, for some reason my phone refused to focus unless I tilted it just the right way, and then give me only a second to take the picture)

IMG_0498.JPG

Also, the reason that the head is so short is due to the pictures of spitting cobra heads I found on Google.

On Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 3:53 PM, Leaellynasaura said:

Also, maybe it could also give +1 attractiveness because of the frills, or have an ability to stun small creatures by quickly opening their frills. So, for example, you could stun a rabbil, and then it would be easier to kill.

Id prefer it with a hood like a cobra instead of frills seeing as it's based off of cobras. It could give distasteful appearance instead of attractiveness too (regardless of if it's frills or a hood), as the hood on cobras is used as a sort of warning to threats that it's about to bite or spit, rather than to look pretty to potential mates

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:03 AM, MysticTopaz said:

I loved this idea so much I HAD to draw up a sketch before bed today xD I like the idea of it being an ancient gene, or at least one that's really hard to get, rather than giving it a cool down. The one I drew would, like the Derp Snout, not show what ears it has, showing the spade headpiece instead, but the dominant ears' stats would still apply, and like the Bearyena Snout it wouldn't have a mane. Also I gave it a blue toxic body because it's a squid, why not? xD I think the beak would be the same color as the horns, just like platypus beak and regular beak. Didn't know what to do with the suction cups, so I just made them pink in order to stand out from the rest of the body. I think on top of the spit ability it should also have +1 gathering and +1 cracking.

Ahh this is amazing xD I want nichelings with cuttlefish for heads so bad now haha xD

• Like 1

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 12:03 AM, MysticTopaz said:

Jesus christ that so so scary but awesome

Also maybe the suction cups could be the pattern color?

On 10/18/2018 at 6:53 PM, Bill Nye the Science Fry said:

Jesus christ that so so scary but awesome

Also maybe the suction cups could be the pattern color?

I like that idea! Imagine a nicheling that doesn't have a pattern, but the pattern color is orange and the fur color is black! So Halloween-y! Or maybe a black pattern with a green toxic body- I'd name that one Cthulhu~

On 5/6/2018 at 1:28 AM, Leaellynasaura said:

Edit 2: Should probably add some possible unlock conditions. I think that it would be unlocked after eating a certain number of toxic berries and licking a certain number of times. Another option could involve picking from the carnivorous plant.

I think all 3 should be good.

On 5/7/2018 at 12:29 PM, Sky said:

Maybe it could be a Llama head that you can use to spit at creatures with. Just imagine having a whole tribe of llamas, with everyone spitting at rabbils and crabbits and every other living thing they can find xD Would probably only have +1 attack.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, MysticTopaz said:

Imagine in order to get the Squid Beak you gotta dive down to the deepest part of the water and break open something similar to the ice bergs to UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!!

you could make your own posts with these. yay!

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the puddles, though that would definitely be fun! The unlock condition definitely needs something to do with poison, lots of toxic berries and carnivorous plant fruit would be good! Would it affect licking other nichelings at all, or do you think that would still be safe?

puddles wouldn't effect nichelings that step in it, but instead infect those who try to lick it off? Or if a predator appears, they have a chance at poisoning the predator if it tries to attack them?

If you're in jungle, it would add the smelly effect, which can attract the smelling ape? The ape would have less of a chance of being poisoned because apes are best op rage-quit feulers.