Stray Fawn Community

Unpopular Opinions

Goggles-kun

On 3/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

I need me more lakes--

Fun fact and off topic from the original post but: Tennessee has exactly 1 natural lake.... in Lake county lol.

• Eek! 1

On 3/23/2020 at 2:32 AM, The Hollow Knight said:

Heres one!

I find Android not better nor worse than iPhone.

They're both just phones!

(I kind of find iPhone easier to use...)

I've never owned an IOS phone in my life but like all my relatives have them. I don't like using them. there's only a home button, i like having a home button, back button and show-all-the-open-apps button

• Paw up 1

57 minutes ago, Sky said:

I've never owned an IOS phone in my life but like all my relatives have them. I don't like using them. there's only a home button, i like having a home button, back button and show-all-the-open-apps button

The newer models don’t have a home button tho 😳

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

I don't understand people who would ban their children from say, pokemon, but not actual video games with serious violence. Because, you know, the first might "turn" you into an idiot. 

"GASP, TIMMY, IS THAT-A PIKACHU?!"

"uh, yeah?-"

"YOU KNOW THAT STUFF IS SATANIC, NOW BURN THAT THING AND GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY, YOUNG MAN-"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

I don't understand people who would ban their children from say, pokemon, but not actual video games with serious violence. Because, you know, the first might "turn" you into an idiot. 

1 hour ago, Clover said:

"GASP, TIMMY, IS THAT-A PIKACHU?!"

"uh, yeah?-"

"YOU KNOW THAT STUFF IS SATANIC, NOW BURN THAT THING AND GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY, YOUNG MAN-"

So a religious school in my area banned Harry Potter.... Because it has witchcraft. (My friend's mom has the same view.) And it's just so stupid.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

2 hours ago, G00gle Translate said:

So a religious school in my area banned Harry Potter.... Because it has witchcraft. (My friend's mom has the same view.) And it's just so stupid.

I don't get the violence thing, but I can understand why people would ban pokemon and HP. It's really just a matter of if your kids know what is bad and what's not. Like, if you you're going to let your kid play Call of Duty, then they need to realize that violence isn't something that's good in the real world. I play games and read (fiction) books about stuff that use concepts that my family doesn't agree with, but I know that it's just fiction, so I'm allowed to read it.

(P.S. not all religious people hate HP and Pokemon—the pastors at my church reference HP (and Marvel, lol) all the time. Once I went to a church camp that was (off-brand) HP and (off-brand) LotR themed)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sky said:

I don't get the violence thing, but I can understand why people would ban pokemon and HP. It's really just a matter of if your kids know what is bad and what's not. Like, if you you're going to let your kid play Call of Duty, then they need to realize that violence isn't something that's good in the real world. I play games and read (fiction) books about stuff that use concepts that my family doesn't agree with, but I know that it's just fiction, so I'm allowed to read it.

(P.S. not all religious people hate HP and Pokemon—the pastors at my church reference HP (and Marvel, lol) all the time. Once I went to a church camp that was (off-brand) HP and (off-brand) LotR themed)

Yeah, but the kid was my 6-8 year old self. Did I tell you that I'm really talented at sharp shooting? Like in rl. Dad took me to shooting ranges on holidays to wipe the floor with my cousin and some older boys.

Not that he didn't have guns. But, it's stil too bad I turned out to be autistic and not a sociopath, the affections of his alcoholic self or not. People do so much in the name of burning "the bad" out of others. Just to neglect so much else. That's what I don't get, how much someone can look away, yet scream at the notion of their children being tainted.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sky said:

P.S. not all religious people hate HP and Pokemon—the pastors at my church reference HP (and Marvel, lol) all the time. Once I went to a church camp that was (off-brand) HP and (off-brand) LotR themed)

Ik, I go to one ;) We basically dissed the school that banned it. Oh yeah, I think they made national news about it too lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Yeah, but the kid was my 6-8 year old self. Did I tell you that I'm really talented at sharp shooting? Like in rl. Dad took me to shooting ranges on holidays to wipe the floor with my cousin and some older boys.

Not that he didn't have guns. But, it's stil too bad I turned out to be autistic and not a sociopath, the affections of his alcoholic self or not. People do so much in the name of burning "the bad" out of others. Just to neglect so much else. That's what I don't get, how much someone can look away, yet scream at the notion of their children being tainted.

Addiction can make you do some effing weird stuff. I should know. Both my parents smoke ;-;

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Unsure if an unknown food item is any good?

Worry not! Just ask yourself one question; can the British pronounce it?

Wondering if any over-the-counter drug is good?

Worry not! Just ask yourself one question; can the British pronounce all the ingredients on the back?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, wikipedia [he/him] said:

b

britain is. multiple countries

you know this right 

Do you mean this issue?

Terminology-British-Isles-United-Kingdom-Ireland-Great.thumb.jpg.437297c373c006f155a593a8db4320b0.jpg

I know it's a large difference if you live there, but to the average middle european it's just that one island over there and one part of ireland. Scotland is up and Wales is always smaller or larger than I remember.