Stray Fawn Community

AMA : satanism

wikipedia [he/him]

Just now, The Lost One said:

What is satanism?

Satanism is a religion that not many people actually know; i am literally the only satanist i know IRL ^^;

the wikipedia definition is 'Satanism is a group of ideological and philosophical beliefs/a religion based on Satan.' :) 

• Eek! 1

5 minutes ago, forgotten said:

if other religions aren't allowed to be discussed here, shouldn't this be banned too? also. why would you purposely have a religion based on Satan. WHY. 

religions are allowed to be discussed as long is its not going to cause harm to anyone, which is what this thread is. asking questions about someones religion respectfully

and if we're doing this "cross out the parts where im being disrespectful" thing, then I can join in and say its really rude to cry about people even QUESTIONING the morality of your religion and then say that to someone

2 minutes ago, forgotten said:

if other religions aren't allowed to be discussed here, shouldn't this be banned too? also. why would you purposely have a religion based on Satan. WHY. 

1) This is a specific thread, used in good nature and without mention to 'worse' things. It is only to dispel misconceptions. If there are other threads on dispelling misconceptions on religion, they wouldn't be banned either :)

2) Satan means 'to rebel'. Satanism, therefore, is the religion of rebellion; while some religions want to keep people pure, Satanism accepts the fact that people need the sins to be happy, as long as it is in moderation. We do also have our own virtues, commandments, ect, like Christianity. :D 

2 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

So I know secular Satanism is a thing, or at least Satanism based on worship of the self. What kind of satanist are you? There's so many types :/

generally, we just group them into two big groups; Catholic Satanism (adheres to christian beliefs, very strict, generally ew) and Neo Satanism (what i am; follows the Seven Tenets, branched off C.S and is one of the newest 'large religions') 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

generally, we just group them into two big groups; Catholic Satanism (adheres to christian beliefs, very strict, generally ew) and Neo Satanism (what i am; follows the Seven Tenets, branched off C.S and is one of the newest 'large religions') 

What is Neo Satanism's relationship with Satan? I'm guessing he's less deity and more concept? 

On 5/27/2019 at 10:47 AM, Philo said:

Welcome in the Stray Fawn Studio Forums :)

We are happy to have you with us and hope you will enjoy your time here!
To make sure everybody gets along, we put together a few basic rules. Please make sure to read them and act accordingly.

Post/threads that involve the following content/behaviour will result in moderator action:

1) Political, ideological or religious posts likely to result in behaviors banned under rule 3)
2) Content unsuitable for children, e.g. nudity, sexually suggestive or explicit images, excessive violence, gore and drugs;
3) Insults and threats, stalking, bullying or any other behavior construed to be of a potentially rude, slanderous, accusatory, combative or otherwise harassing nature to/of another person;
4) Any discriminatory (racist, sexist, etc.) language, actions or iconography, with or without historical context;
5) Use of vulgarity, profanity, parts thereof (S***) and any similar technique to post vulgar or profane content;

6) Reposting closed or removed content without moderator consent. 
7) Think about your wording. If you don't like something, preferably use "I don't like" instead of "I hate", "... sucks", etc.
8) Continuously spreading negativity in the community.

Also, please think carefully about posting personal information. This is an open forum where everybody can read what you are posting. So for situations that are of personal nature it's adviced to use private messages with people you trust.

If threads show a high potential of resulting in any of the behaviour mentioned above, moderators might close them.

I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm not saying this thread breaks the rules, but I won't be surprised if something happens.

Now I'm going to leave this conversation alone as It's making me slightly uncomfortable. Please don't quote this post. I most likely won't respond

4 minutes ago, The guiding spirit said:

I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm not saying this thread breaks the rules, but I won't be surprised if something happens.

Now I'm going to leave this conversation alone as It's making me slightly uncomfortable. Please don't quote this post. I most likely won't respond

since when were u a mod lol

Just now, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

since when were u a mod lol

I'm not.

But people were talking about wether this is against the rules and there the rules are so anyone can read it for themselves. It propably wasn't my place to say but whatever.

• Like 1

Ignoring religion, some people might have it flagged for point 2. Which, um. I really wouldn't know what to say to. It's less that they have good arguments and more that it seems to upset them deeply...

But that hasn't happened yet. We tell people not to "paint the devil on the wall". Or assume the worst case

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

If this thread was about christianity, it would have gone up in flames already. That's all I'm gonna say. If I were to say anything negative about the thread itself, I'd be the provoker and I want to avoid any conflict.

Maybe this won't turn into a flamewar. I don't like flamewars.

Again, please don't quote me. I don't need to be told I'm wrong. I already know it.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1