Stray Fawn Community

toxic spines

kakapo123

a mashup of the toxic body and spiky body inspired by the lionfish

it would be a body gene and would have a big row of spines along the back as well as another row on each of the nicheling's sides. like the toxic body, it would disable fur colour and would give the nicheling the same neon colours, but with a white striped pattern on top. it would also disable tails like the spiky body

the stats would be +1 spikyness, +2 poisonous and +1 distasteful appearance

because it has benefits of both the toxic body and spiky body, it would have to be harder to unlock. it could possibly be unlocked by having a certain number of toxic-bodied nichelings and a certain number of spiky-bodied nichelings in your tribe, something like 10 to 20 might be reasonable?

Image result for lionfishImage result for lionfish

Edited by BirdsAreCool
lmao I spelled poisonous like poisoness
  • Like 2

9 replies to this post

6 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

it should also have poison resistance, how else would it be poisonous? also it should be 15 nichelings,  10 of spike body 5 of toxic body

I believe that any nicheling with the poisonous trait automatically is poison-resistant because as you said, it would be quite silly for an animal to not be immune to its own toxins. also, I was kind of going for a 10-20 of each, eg. 10 spiky body and 10 poisonous body. just 5 toxic bodies seems a little bit low to me

Toxic = Poisonous

Poisonous = eating it hurts you

Venomous = it reaching your bloodstream hurts you

Lionfish are venomous, not poisonous. Thus, shouldn't it be 'Venomous Spines'? (same with Poison Fangs, but that fix has been suggested already)

3 minutes ago, Sky said:

Toxic = Poisonous

Lionfish are venomous, not poisonous. Thus, shouldn't it be 'Venomous Spines'? (same with Poison Fangs, but that fix has been suggested already)

a solution to this would be to make an ability for if you attack the niche ling the nicheling that attacked it will get poisoned

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sky said:

Toxic = Poisonous

both poisons and venoms are toxic substances (toxins) so the venom delivered by the spines would technically be toxic, although idk if you could describe the spines themself as toxic so I guess venomous would  work better from a biological pov

also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all toxins reach our bloodstream regardless of if they're poisons or venoms. a better way of comparing the two would be to compare how they enter our bodies. poisons are injested into the body, either through consumption, inhalation or absorption through the skin, whereas venoms are injected, either through a bite or a sting

2 hours ago, Zixvir said:

a solution to this would be to make an ability for if you attack the niche ling the nicheling that attacked it will get poisoned

this is what I had in mind, I maybe didn't make that clear. the idea was that if a nicheling with this gene was attacked by say, a bearyena, the bearyena would end up getting scratched by the spines and the toxins would enter the body that way

• Paw up 1

22 hours ago, Zixvir said:

it turns out most things that are poisonous have to eat something poisonous in order to have the signature poison, monarch butterfly's are poisonous but only because they poisonous leaves called milkweed, so this has to have poison resistance.

yes I replied to you the first time you suggested poison resistance, agreeing with you. no need to keep arguing your point 🙂

I adore this idea, but I'm not sure how it works exactly.

Let's say a nicheling with this body gets attacked by a bearyena, does the bearyena get poisoned, spiked or both?

Said nicheling then attacks said bearyena, does the body give extra damage like the spiky body, does it just poison the bearyena or both?