Stray Fawn Community

Strange things you notice about yourself--

CanDLinkZz

--anything, really. obviously no obligation to post here, just learning more about yourself and other people i guess.

dont ask why i decided to post this, cause i have no idea. just felt like it i guess.

First thing about myself; I find it incredibly difficult to talk to people significantly older or younger than myself unless it's someone I know well and am familiar with. Although, when it comes to, like, baby/toddlers, I work extremely well. I can talk to people really easily, I just have major trust issues down the line, and don't really talk too much with the people I don't know too well. Even the friends that I hang out with -- some of them I just can't find it in myself to talk to comfortably, but I still enjoy their company I guess.

Maybe it's just because I'm functionally a Scorpio.

Relate to other people, relate to yourself, find creepy connections with other people, find creepy realisations about yourself, and be social. Online. Cause we can't go outside.

• Like 4

Just now, HD Firestar said:

Whenever I'm tired and with my friends, I become really obnoxious

Interesting.

I'm obnoxious when I'm comfortable I guess. My friends -- or, well, some of them -- start it and I end up joining in... occasionally...

• Like 3

Just now, Clover said:

I used to always forget to close the microwave

It really annoyed my dad, so I just started doing it on purpose, because I hate him :')

That

I love that

Wish I could do something like that but I don't have the heart to anymore XD

• Like 5

Just now, CanDLinkZz said:

That

I love that

Wish I could do something like that but I don't have the heart to anymore XD

I used to, though

I would have happily found something like that to take advantage of a couple years ago

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Clover said:

I used to always forget to close the microwave

It really annoyed my dad, so I just started doing it on purpose, because I hate him :')

I forget to close doors in general. Not front doors or anything, but if I'm the last to leave a classroom or am using the toilet at home

• Like 4

Creepy visual memory.

When I read a book in dreams, it's a seemingly carbon copy of the pages from the day(s) before. 

When learning a new word, I remember the source until I've found it in too many new contexts. 

Getting lost is harder than expected. I might still forget a street or so when my country self is in a new city. Which, no. Don't have dad's mental google maps. Where is south again?

Went from being faceblind to reading expressions better than 90% of the population. By way of abstract strings. On the one hand, different mental tools, so you can't confuse me with having a stoic or rough face to begin with. But I need to learn every person. 

Useless passive facts. It does what it wants though, so I can't even abuse it for school unless I genuinely care. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Creepy visual memory.

When I read a book in dreams, it's a seemingly carbon copy of the pages from the day(s) before. 

When learning a new word, I remember the source until I've found it in too many new contexts. 

Getting lost is harder than expected. I might still forget a street or so when my country self is in a new city. Which, no. Don't have dad's mental google maps. Where is south again?

Went from being faceblind to reading expressions better than 90% of the population. By way of abstract strings. On the one hand, different mental tools, so you can't confuse me with having an stoic or rough face to begin with. But I need to learn every person. 

Useless passive facts. It does what it wants though, so I can't even abuse it for school unless I genuinely care

Creepy visual memory; can relate to that

Getting lost is harder than expected; I remember the streets from my smol child home, and we lived there when i was halfway through grade 1, i am now in year 7.

Went from faceblind to reading expressions better than 90% of the population; I'm still creeped out by this fact.

Useless passive facts; ... will none of my friends know the glory?

• Like 2

A random memory that no one cares about because I was incredibly small::

I was back at our smol child home, in the lounge room at the front of the house with my mum because my sister had friends over and she wanted to keep an eye on me. I was trying to get past the baby gate that separated me from the world outside my confinement, otherwise known as the rest of the house, when a girl walks up to the gate and opens it... she's careful not to hit me, but I stay in front of it. She manages to ease past me, but I stumble through the opening before she shuts it...

and I can't remember what happened next. So convenient.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CanDLinkZz said:

Creepy visual memory; can relate to that

Getting lost is harder than expected; I remember the streets from my smol child home, and we lived there when i was halfway through grade 1, i am now in year 7.

Went from faceblind to reading expressions better than 90% of the population; I'm still creeped out by this fact.

Useless passive facts; ... will none of my friends know the glory?

You'll get to see the duality of remembering pages full of numbers and diagrams without effort and yet forgetting everyone's birthday

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

Just now, CanDLinkZz said:

A random memory that no one cares about because I was incredibly small::

I was back at our smol child home, in the lounge room at the front of the house with my mum because my sister had friends over and she wanted to keep an eye on me. I was trying to get past the baby gate that separated me from the world outside my confinement, otherwise known as the rest of the house, when a girl walks up to the gate and opens it... she's careful not to hit me, but I stay in front of it. She manages to ease past me, but I stumble through the opening before she shuts it...

and I can't remember what happened next. So convenient.

I don't even think my mum noticed me leaving. The girl probably said something, right?

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

Just now, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

You'll get to see the duality of remembering pages full of numbers and diagrams without effort and yet forgetting everyone's birthday

And this is very true. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

okayimfinenowmaybeithinkihopeprobablynot

• Like 2

I get really bad anxiety when I see someone from school at a place outside of school. I try my best to make them not see me. 

The most recent one was when I was at Jewel (there's like 100 of them in my city) and it was right after school. And of course I saw the girl that I had a crush on so I got really bad anxiety. I was trying to make it go quicker but then her mom told her to get something and she ran into my isle and were just awkwardly looking at eachother. I don't know how she didn't see me before. We had been in the fruit section like, 10 feet apart before but she never noticed. 

• Like 4

I can't have some doors open when I work or go to sleep. Some doors as an example: My room's door. Not too weird, right? But one of these doors is my Science Lab classroom's door. Like why?

I will literally instinctively get up and shut the door because I don't like it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CanDLinkZz said:

First thing about myself; I find it incredibly difficult to talk to people significantly older or younger than myself unless it's someone I know well and am familiar with. Although, when it comes to, like, baby/toddlers, I work extremely well. I can talk to people really easily, I just have major trust issues down the line, and don't really talk too much with the people I don't know too well. Even the friends that I hang out with -- some of them I just can't find it in myself to talk to comfortably, but I still enjoy their company I guess.

Same here. I've just never been able to describe it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Creepy visual memory.

Went from being faceblind to reading expressions better than 90% of the population. By way of abstract strings. On the one hand, different mental tools, so you can't confuse me with having a stoic or rough face to begin with. But I need to learn every person. 

Useless passive facts. It does what it wants though, so I can't even abuse it for school unless I genuinely care. 

When I read books in dreams, I feel that it is the same book I was reading but I can't focus on the words. Same with any mental image I have of a drawing. It goes like this:

Me: looks so cool, but what makes it so cool?

Brain: Uh... Idk? I'mma just delete half the details so you can't figure it out.

Also, I have like no visual emotions. I have been told by multiple people including a few counselors trained in that kinda stuff.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

I am a tall girl. Many tall girls hate being tall, BUT NOT ME! I like looking down at people. But when people look down at me (witch is very rare), then i feel a little intimidated.

I'm 5'6 1/2", which is kinda tall, at least for my age. My dad is 6'5"

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

I choose to squat on the ground instead of sit in a chair about 80% of the time~~ or at least I used to. I am more reasonable nowadays

Once I start something I have trouble stopping. With my drawings, I usually just do a sketch. If I ever go beyond that, I go all-out (except usually no background because I suck at those)

I am in a lot of fandoms without actually reading the book/playing the game/watching the show. I swear it drives me crazy

• Like 3