Stray Fawn Community

Strange things you notice about yourself--

CanDLinkZz

I can't sleep with my bedroom door closed or in complete darkness, I even usually have a lamp on

oh also I don't like sleeping in complete silence, even just a heater or something makes me feel better

and I can't sleep facing towards the wall unless I have an animal with me or it's day

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sky said:

I'm 5'6 1/2", which is kinda tall, at least for my age. My dad is 6'5"

I still have no idea what that means or even what measurement system that's in

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

13 minutes ago, HD Firestar said:

I still have no idea what that means or even what measurement system that's in

It's imperial or else they would be a family of giants

The first number is how many feet and the second number is the inches, the 1/2 would be half an inch

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

4 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

It's imperial or else they would be a family of giants

The first number is how many feet and the second number is the inches, the 1/2 would be half an inch

Okay... No idea how long a foot is

2 hours ago, boston_lobstah said:

I choose to squat on the ground instead of sit in a chair about 80% of the time~~ or at least I used to. I am more reasonable nowadays

I

I still choose to sit on the floor

I cross one leg, and the other foot I place on the ground so my knee is by my chest and I put my arm on my knee and it's comfortable. I even do this while I'm sitting on chairs. But most of the time, I'm sitting up against the wall, so both of my knees are up to my chest. Or, almost, because I might be eating or something and it's inconvenient.

• Like 3

I

am

terrified of loud noises

I dont know when it started or why

but ever since i was tiny ive always hated, hated loud sounds.

flashing lights

flashing lights are worse because i dont see them as often

do your eyes adjust quicker to the light or to the dark? cause i will always have my lamp on the lowest light and it will be facing away from me

i miss my old lamp

it had a lower light setting

but i will start screaming if someone else screams 

i start crying because thunder and light and loud

and yeah

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CanDLinkZz said:

I

I still choose to sit on the floor

I cross one leg, and the other foot I place on the ground so my knee is by my chest and I put my arm on my knee and it's comfortable. I even do this while I'm sitting on chairs. But most of the time, I'm sitting up against the wall, so both of my knees are up to my chest. Or, almost, because I might be eating or something and it's inconvenient.

i realise

that this was my 99th post

let us celebrate this moment

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

How do you define strange? Because at this point, I just perceived everything that I liked/did was normal. 

I’m horrendously afraid of parties and churches. The latest ones I’ve been to were a horror show for me— we had to leave early from a wedding reception once because I couldn’t stop crying. Heck, I don’t have the strength to eat lunch at the cafeteria at my school because there are other people. (The one time I accidentally came back to school early was a nightmare. I hid in the halls!)

When I’m not on my phone, playing a game with a controller, or otherwise not doing something with my hands, they kinda “freak out” and clasp together or do some weird stuff. I probably have an undiagnosed mental disorder or something

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

How do you define strange? Because at this point, I just perceived everything that I liked/did was normal. 

Eh. Strange things are anything you consider sytraagsrr. what the heck happened to that word.

2 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

I’m horrendously afraid of parties and churches. The latest ones I’ve been to were a horror show for me— we had to leave early from a wedding reception once because I couldn’t stop crying. Heck, I don’t have the strength to eat lunch at the cafeteria at my school because there are other people. (The one time I accidentally came back to school early was a nightmare. I hid in the halls!)

When I’m not on my phone, playing a game with a controller, or otherwise not doing something with my hands, they kinda “freak out” and clasp together or do some weird stuff. I probably have an undiagnosed mental disorder or something

Actually, one of my friends is similar. Whenever a place is too crowded, or the people there are too obnoxious, she gets overwhelmed. I'm the same, actually.

i just realised that i started and ended that with the word 'actually'.

uhh

Another thing, I have to look when I’m getting shots/blood drawn. For some reason it makes me feel more secure to watch the needle.

I am overwhelmed by late-night parties especially. Like dances with loud music and flashing lights and lots of people are never fun for me. Everyone has told me to give them a chance, and I have several times, but I never really enjoyed them... I just don’t like them 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, boston_lobstah said:

Another thing, I have to look when I’m getting shots/blood drawn. For some reason it makes me feel more secure to watch the needle.

My sister is the same.

Oh, and uh, my sister has described how I've never really been afraid of needles, even when I was small.

7 hours ago, boston_lobstah said:

On that subject, I don’t actually mind gore and mutilated body parts— I actually look at pictures of them daily. I once saw a hand that was put through a paper shredder and just said “meh, not too bad.” I don’t know anyone else that can look at the least extreme medical photos and not get the chills.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

On 3/28/2020 at 6:43 PM, boston_lobstah said:

I am overwhelmed by late-night parties especially. Like dances with loud music and flashing lights and lots of people are never fun for me. Everyone has told me to give them a chance, and I have several times, but I never really enjoyed them... I just don’t like them 

We don't even have parties here

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I have ADHD so it's hard for me to pay attention and stay still

So I fidget a lot or rub my head/picking at my acne

My IRL best friend had spooked while I was talking with a teacher one time, and despite my back being turned to her, she knew it was me because I fidgeting with my hands

• Like 3

Other mysterious places: the left side of the room. (It's cursed)

Suddenly "blinking" into your personal space after coming too close (see: the car. Small rooms)

The better avoided middle of class

The hallway. Someone sure was there, but it wasn't me. 

Every time it's slightly dark

Not where last seen (but six meters to the right)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Little me had to learn how to walk louder as I kept giving people jumpscares

I should do that too but I don't want to.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1