Stray Fawn Community

Strange things you notice about yourself--

CanDLinkZz

3 hours ago, ShadowAndPup3 said:

My IRL best friend had spooked while I was talking with a teacher one time, and despite my back being turned to her, she knew it was me because I fidgeting with my hands

sometimes I can recognize a character in a show just from seeing a glimpse of the back of their hair xD

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

We had three of these, with a very alike pattern. rat.jpg.28849ba349a90cf54eee504610e3ed49.jpg

Which you'll see a third off in a cuddly rat pile. I'm amazed how they can do that in one moment and then start a war over the hammock tunnel. 

Spoiler: it did not survive the war.

I need to be really warm to be comfortable, and my mum always complains that i open my blinds or put on a jacket or whatever

I fiddle with my necklace when I'm anxious, and I feel uncomfortable without one on; it's XD 

speaking or which, i dont have one on now.......

• Like 2

When meeting someone new, I screech and back away instead of saying hi and shaking their hand.

My friends ignore me when I start screeching, because they know i'm probably going to have a panic attack.

I can't go near a service dog without being barked at and almost chased. Dang mental illnesses--

Bird absolutely hate me. I love meeting birds but once the cage is open I start screaming.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

I can't go near a service dog without being barked at and almost chased. Dang mental illnesses--

Oh, no. I didn't know they'd get so aggressive. My neighbour has that tiny anklebiter, but that's the worst I've had in some years.

16 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Oh, no. I didn't know they'd get so aggressive. My neighbour has that tiny anklebiter, but that's the worst I've had in some years.

It's hard to take him too seriously, but be actually jumps people. So he's still a terror when he rounds the courner. I have never seen him not leashed, but he'd actually need a muzzle to be safe near people. But he's, you know, tiny. With tiny little teeth and a weak bite.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:27 AM, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

I think it’s normal for a service dog to be overly defensive of their owner— after all, they were trained to do that— so try not to take it as any offense :)

Fun Fact: You’re actually not allowed to pet service dogs

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Goggles-kun said:

I think it’s normal for a service dog to be overly defensive of their owner— after all, they were trained to do that— so try not to take it as any offense :)

I know--

I'll be on the other side of the street and they'll bark at me.

It's because they sense stuff like panic/anxiety attacks or seizures. They're supposed to bark life that-- But it confuses the owner and I realize I have to run to the car before I collapse-

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:06 PM, Goggles-kun said:

why he a cute big boye and he good boye : (

but are there like laws about that? what legally counts as a service dog or a pet? what if the person who needs the service dog keeps it as a pet but it just kinda helps the owner if they're blind or something?

1 hour ago, gamingcookie said:

what legally counts as a service dog

A service animal means any animal that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability.

so, yes, you would not be able to pet them

• Sad 1

Alright, got another one.

I can look at really obscene and gory photos with relative ease. The only thing that feels slightly uncomfortable is my upper left thigh, which is where a mole is that I’ve had since birth. Do I know why? No. 

2 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Alright, got another one.

I can look at really obscene and gory photos with relative ease. The only thing that feels slightly uncomfortable is my upper left thigh, which is where a mole is that I’ve had since birth. Do I know why? No. 

I have one on my lower shoulder by the back. At least it's flat and relatively small... but I used to seriously hate it

3 hours ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

I have one on my lower shoulder by the back. At least it's flat and relatively small... but I used to seriously hate it

I have one there too o:

19 minutes ago, CanDLinkZz said:

You know how people say that you have a different personality around different people? Yeah, this is way too true for me.

[LAUGHS IN HAVING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PATHOS AND TYPING THAT MATCHES UP WITH THE RECEIVING END’S OWN PERSONALITY]

• Paw up 1

I think I'm always myself, but... I do act very differently around some people to minimise friction. That has the unpleasant side effect of being unable to feel real emotions for them. Even after years. And so I never got attached to my dad's mom, him, my uncle and various people from school. Wonderful

Don't teach your children they're not allowed to have emotions. At least I hate my mother. What a sentence. Not that she is my "mother" by role, I reverse-adopted my grandparents, but those are enough issues for today.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah
mysterious places of the room; anywhere other than under the desk. mmhm
Oh, or the closet-- i could sit in there and be fine

but the weird places--

Under the window in the middle of the day,
the couch up against the window,
the back of the parent's room

mmhm

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

Sometimes I go through a phase of arachnophobia and for a while I can't sit anywhere or touch anything without checking for spiders

interesting
does this just happen at random? is there something that triggers it?