Stray Fawn Community

How to make a Savefile

Applesauce

My game just randomly reverted to the way it was over a month ago, and I've tried all the stuff it says to do. Big sad. Just so it doesn't happen again I want to know how to make savefiles, and I might put them in a USB or something like that.

Also I'm terrible with computers, like you have no idea.

• Sad 1
  • Eek! 1

Savefiles are made by creating a new tribe. 

If you want to back up your savefiles you can just copy and paste them into another folder. Then, if you lose your savefile, you will have an older backup.  

This post explains how to find savefiles:

Once you find them, copy and paste them into another folder. Then, if you lose your tribe, you can move the savefile-copy back into the saves folder. Remember that your tribe will be where they were when you copied the backup savefile. 

Hope this helps.

29 minutes ago, Applesauce said:

every time I visit the steam page it resets to a specific time

Try backing up your files like it's shown in the link above, then uninstall and reinstall Niche. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sky said:

Try backing up your files like it's shown in the link above, then uninstall and reinstall Niche. 

thanks, I'll give it a try. 

also I played around and I found that if I click on the Niche application, and do anything in the game, then the progress will only save if I click on the application again. If I press play through steam then it goes back to the way it was before I did anything. Interesting...