Stray Fawn Community

Fears

Katumai

Im mostly just curious, what scares all of you?

I have a horrible, crippling fear of thunder (Astraphobia). If I hear anything that could be thunder, I'm outta there about as quickly as if I've seen a dog. Last night it rained, and as much as I LOVE rain, it was a thunderstorm. I couldn't sleep because I was curled up under my blanket crying. Im nearly 17.

And that's how I accidently pulled an all-nighter.

• Like 2

I've got a lot of fears, but my biggest three are:

Abandonment

Thunder

And dogs

closets also freak me out, but a lot of people dont like closets

I might have claustrophobia too....I have issues :')

• Like 1

I don't think I'm arachnophobic, but there's two that disgust me...

-- cellar spiders, the biggest of ours you can expect to find here.

And the weird dot that are daddy longlegs. 

I've had them crawl on me. Which isn't that bad, except that I now know cellar spiders have no concept of personal space. Daddy longlegs are very polite and flee in terror, as is right.

They're also not really ugly up close, but... I haven't seen something more misshapen than a cellar spider. They're just... wrong.

Human touch, probably. I don't care if it's a stranger or a kid or someone I can vaguely stand. All very non-threatening. 

But I'm somewhat in the habit of repressing negative emotions, have been bodily chained down or dragged to places against my will, aswell as injected + medicated. With things I'd rather not have been. Not really interesting aside being some textbook triggers for a "fear of violation". Aside all the violence from my father, but hating people like him is not the main concern.

If someone I already have an issue with puts their hands on me... I wouldn't think it possible to feel this angry in any other context. It's not just anger, either. Anything I shoved down just comes back seemingly 200 times harder.

People with common sense back off, but some don't understand that a lack of action doesn't require a lack of intent. I have the self control not to bite people's head off, but I'll probably hate the perpetrator this much more. 

• Paw up 1

I have an irrational fear of tsunamis

and like

I used to have frequent nightmares of dying in tsunamis only for the dream to repeat over and over again all night every time I die (but GOD when I happen to be lucid dreaming in one of these its so fun) 

(I also really hate super tall buildings, esp standing near them) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

I have an irrational fear of tsunamis

and like

I used to have frequent nightmares of dying in tsunamis only for the dream to repeat over and over again all night every time I die (but GOD when I happen to be lucid dreaming in one of these its so fun) 

(I also really hate super tall buildings, esp standing near them) 

I used to fear nuclear bombs because of an anime video about Hiroshima

• Like 1

I have some weird fears, but also some ordinary ones

-people (not including my parents, I'm used to that) getting mad at me

-fire (not campfires, but out-of-control fires)

-tornadoes (last time there was a tornado watch, I hid in a bathroom with the things important to me. meanwhile, my friends sat on their porches and took videos of the tornadoxD)

-those drains for the rain on the streets built into the curb. I dropped a doll down one when i was 6 or so and now I make sure to walk around them whenever I see one

-being on the top of a bunk bed. I fell out of one when I was 6

-this certain squeaky noise that sometimes happens. I can't really remember what makes the sound but I hate it. it's similar to nails on a chalkboard, i think

-probably some other stuff I'm not remembering right now.

• Like 3

I’m afraid of the dark like the stupid coward I am.

im also afraid of people watching me, there’s a crack in my curtains that’s like an inch and I’m just afraid someone climbed onto my roof and is sitting there, watching me while I am awake at 4 am.

that one was kinda stupid

but so is this one. HEIGHTS! I hate them so much, and ladders. There just so unstable and I definitely will fall off one of them one day

i’m also afraid of failing, and afraid of my friends Leaving me. 

im not afraid of them but every morning at 2am this car drives into my street, then Turns around. Like every day at 2:15

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Goggles-kun said:

Err— religious Christian centers in general. I don’t fear mosques or synagogues. 

May I ask what makes you scared of them? It's alright if you don't want to answer

Just now, Sky said:

May I ask what makes you scared of them? It's alright if you don't want to answer

Grandpa’s funeral was in a church. I always called it the blueberry church because the ceiling was old and had dark spots in it. Then one of my neighbor’s wedding was in the exact same church. I was so horrified, stunned, and scared. I’m not mentally stable hadnemmemd 

• Like 4

I'm like really scared of spiders and the dark

The one living thing I hate more than spiders..

Wasps

I don't know why, I've never been stung by one

If I hear a faint buzz at all when it's slightly warm you bet I'll be back in in 0.02 milliseconds

If it's slightly warm I doubt you'll even see me outside at all unless I'm with someone else which makes me feel so much safer for some reason

I don't even feel ok in a screen tent

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gamingcookie said:

I'm like really scared of spiders and the dark

The one living thing I hate more than spiders..

Wasps

I don't know why, I've never been stung by one

If I hear a faint buzz at all when it's slightly warm you bet I'll be back in in 0.02 milliseconds

If it's slightly warm I doubt you'll even see me outside at all unless I'm with someone else which makes me feel so much safer for some reason

I don't even feel ok in a screen tent

Ah yes, wasps. that's another thing I'm scared of. bees, too, though not as much

I am so scared of heights I basically had a mental breakdown climbing a ladder. 

I am also SO FREAKING SCARED OF TORNADOES AND PEOPLE ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT'S IRRATIONAL BECAUSE NASHVILLE AS SO MANY BIG BUILDINGS IN IT ONE ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN. EXCUSE ME?! DOES IT TAKE NORTH AND EAST NASHVILLE TO GET DEMOLISHED TO TELL YOU I AM JUSTIFIED?

• Like 2

Also I'm scared of rollercoasters and rides for anyone over the age of like 6 or 7

I might have mild trypophobia though it's not really a fear more like I just go HHGUEGH when I see a lot of tiny holes or tiny things clumped up like cantaloupe seeds

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

6 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

Also I'm scared of rollercoasters and rides for anyone over the age of like 6 or 7

Same, it’s a package deal of heights and big roller coasters for me

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

I might have mild trypophobia though it's not really a fear more like I just go HHGUEGH when I see a lot of tiny holes or tiny things clumped up like cantaloupe seeds

I have severe trypophobia. Even thinking about it makes me itchy and everything. Like REALLY itchy. And I scratch REALLY hard and I should get it checked out.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gamingcookie said:

I have this but only in mild instances. Medical studies that may trigger trypophobia or small circular objects clumped up together don’t affect me, but just... how can I explain this in a way nobody gets scared?

Tw:

Your body slowly deteriorating in circular shapes with fleshy maggots slowly crawling out of them

• Like 2
  • Confused 1