Stray Fawn Community

Fears

Katumai

• 2 weeks later...

European wasps and most insects are at least very harmless in my specific region. We have a bunch of wasps that live in one of these in our garden

ropa-tendida-defc81.jpg.9dd69006953d4c092573c88103411f9f.jpg

(I forgot what they're called. Washing lines, clothing lines...)

They have no interest in humans. I saved one once after it got indoors... and of course then had to stalk me through the garden in my mad dash to the house as scared waps aren't good wasps. It did catch up. Just to sit on my leg and leave. 

I don't want them on me, but I haven't ever been stung at least. Sometimes scary, but they don't deserve their bad rep... not that it makes you less afraid, but a lot of phobias are learned. My cousin can't tolerate any large bug

Praying mantis

Bumble bee

Spiders

Equally nope

5 hours ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

European wasps and most insects are at least very harmless in my specific region. We have a bunch of wasps that live in one of these in our garden

They have no interest in humans. I saved one once after it got indoors... and of course then had to stalk me through the garden in my mad dash to the house as scared waps aren't good wasps. It did catch up. Just to sit on my leg and leave. 

I don't want them on me, but I haven't ever been stung at least. Sometimes scary, but they don't deserve their bad rep... not that it makes you less afraid, but a lot of phobias are learned. My cousin can't tolerate any large bug

Praying mantis

Bumble bee

Spiders

Equally nope

I’m kinda fine with spiders and mantises. Bees scare me to all living hell and I don’t know why. Was it because a horde of bees chased me inside once?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

I’m kinda fine with spiders and mantises. Bees scare me to all living hell and I don’t know why. Was it because a horde of bees chased me inside once?

I’m terrified of bees. I have no idea why, I don’t have many traumatic experiences with them unless you count the time I sat on one and it stung me when I was two. There’s a bee near me rn help-

The dark terrifies me, well, a room thats dark with the same amount of light all around is good for me, its only when theres light coming out of somewhere. The  my eyes don't adjust, and my brain makes my think, "You can't see in there! Its an endless, dark, void! There are monsters!" Even though I know thats not true, it gets my adrenaline going.

Wasps. 
When I was 4 years old, I set at the table with my mom. A wasp was flying around my head. "Stay quiet and don't move", she said. I did.
And you know what happened??? That wasp stung me right below my eye! Why? No reason, just because it could.
Wasps are the worst-

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eek! 1

5 minutes ago, Philo said:

Wasps. 
When I was 4 years old, I set at the table with my mom. A wasp was flying around my head. "Stay quiet and don't move", she said. I did.
And you know what happened??? That wasp stung me right below my eye! Why? No reason, just because it could.
Wasps are the worst-

II had the same thing during a soccer game but at the side of my head.

49 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

what are triggers?

Trigger words are 

a. Words that, when said, make a sequence of events happen (I.e. When I say “Kazoon”, the plan will go into effect!)

b. Words that offend someone deeply because of something that previously happened (I.e. Please don’t say the word “suicide“. I don’t like that word because it reminds me of something I don’t like.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moth the Silkwing said:

The dark terrifies me, well, a room thats dark with the same amount of light all around is good for me, its only when theres light coming out of somewhere. The  my eyes don't adjust, and my brain makes my think, "You can't see in there! Its an endless, dark, void! There are monsters!" Even though I know thats not true, it gets my adrenaline going.

I am terrified of darkness, dark rooms, noises in the dark, etc. It’s not fun because I’m a night owl and stay up until sunrise a lot but if there’s the slightest noise I will get so scared. I’ve always been afraid of it but I feel like it’s getting worse because now I’m afraid of getting murdered(??) dont know where that fear came from, probably hearing about murders and kidnappings. We have huge windows lining the walls in the kitchen and living room and I always go downstairs to get snacks at night and I have to walk by them and I hate it. I can’t sleep without the closet light on either. One time I heard a noise and sat in my bed Too terrified to Move for like an hour and I was talking to foxy about it over pm and got so worked up about it. Eventually I ran to my brothers room and after a minute he reluctantly got up and looked under my bed for ‘people’. This was recent too, like 3-4 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Flower said:

now I’m afraid of getting murdered(??) dont know where that fear came from

Thats what I feel like. Yes I meant to leave in "don't know where that came from." Once I got an amber alert on my phone while in dance class of a kidnapping and couldn't sleep well that night. Note: Dance class goes pretty late, and this was in the winter when it got dark very early compared to now. If I can't fall asleep, now I'm not asleep unless I read a book to calm myself down. Only specific books because the last time I ready warrior cats before bed, I couldn't sleep. (plz don't judge me, theres murder and bloodshed in those books. Also, My brain just jumped to those thoughts for some reason?)

• Like 1

I get paranoid at specifically 2am, but otherwise seem to have processed it. I don't know what's wrong with 2 am. Thinking doesn't help, talking doesn't help and neither does turning on the light. I'll be fine by 3 am anyway, but doing what I usually did for panic attacks and imagining it's not that specific room is usually enough. 

It was pretty bad, though? I can't remember. But apparently I used to sleep with a flashlight every night.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:34 AM, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Praying mantis

Bumble bee

Spiders

Equally nope

I started reading the second half without reading the top, so I thought you were talking about clothing lines when you said "They have no interest in humans" and "Of course they had to stalk me through the garden"

But yeah, mantises are creepy. I can tolerate a lot of bugs, but those little eyes and that bleak expression is like something out of a horror movie.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Applesauce said:

I started reading the second half without reading the top, so I thought you were talking about clothing lines when you said "They have no interest in humans" and "Of course they had to stalk me through the garden"

But yeah, mantises are creepy. I can tolerate a lot of bugs, but those little eyes and that bleak expression is like something out of a horror movie.

I love them. She screams even at the smallest ones :(

I’m scared of cats and blood. But I read books about cats ripping each other to pieces. And I’m scared of when hairdryers suddenly go on when you least expect it. I’m strange 😛

1 minute ago, Echomist said:

I’m scared of cats and blood. But I read books about cats ripping each other to pieces. And I’m scared of when hairdryers suddenly go on when you least expect it. I’m strange 😛

i can understand blood, but may i ask why cats? i love cats, but i can understand that someone is afraid of them (its like me with dogs-god, i hate dogs)

Just now, Clover said:

i can understand blood, but may i ask why cats? i love cats, but i can understand that someone is afraid of them (its like me with dogs-god, i hate dogs)

If they like, rush up to me, I’m a bit like ‘aaaah’. But I’m getting better.

I also have total terror of dogs.

1 minute ago, Echomist said:

If they like, rush up to me, I’m a bit like ‘aaaah’. But I’m getting better.

I also have total terror of dogs.

COULD IT BE? SOMEONE WHO IS ALSO SCARED OF DOGS? UNHEARD OF

JOIN MY REBELLION, AND YOU WILL NEVER BE SCARED A DAY IN YOUR LIFE

• Like 1

My fears

- vomiting/stomach sickness (emetophobia)

- judgement from others (there's specific stuff but I'ma keep quiet)

- certain bugs. catarpillars. eww. (more of a strong dislike/repulsion than fear)

- Bees and wasps

- tornadoes, hurricanes, thunderstorms

- tsunamis. (I have a lot of dreams but I always play it safe and never get hurt. Lucid?) 

- making/answering phone calls to people I don't know

On 3/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, gamingcookie said:

I'm like really scared of spiders and the dark

The one living thing I hate more than spiders..

Wasps

I don't know why, I've never been stung by one

If I hear a faint buzz at all when it's slightly warm you bet I'll be back in in 0.02 milliseconds

If it's slightly warm I doubt you'll even see me outside at all unless I'm with someone else which makes me feel so much safer for some reason

I don't even feel ok in a screen tent

Just remembered the origin

So I was watching a reddit video or something and then I hear a buzz and continue watching

Then I hear it again and see a big wasp or a hornet or a yellowjacket I don't know. What's the difference anyway

so I hid under my blanket screaming for a while and eventually my mom came and got rid of it

also I'm not scared of bees at all for some reason

On 5/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Flower said:

I am terrified of darkness, dark rooms, noises in the dark, etc. It’s not fun because I’m a night owl and stay up until sunrise a lot but if there’s the slightest noise I will get so scared. I’ve always been afraid of it but I feel like it’s getting worse because now I’m afraid of getting murdered(??) dont know where that fear came from, probably hearing about murders and kidnappings. We have huge windows lining the walls in the kitchen and living room and I always go downstairs to get snacks at night and I have to walk by them and I hate it. I can’t sleep without the closet light on either. One time I heard a noise and sat in my bed Too terrified to Move for like an hour and I was talking to foxy about it over pm and got so worked up about it. Eventually I ran to my brothers room and after a minute he reluctantly got up and looked under my bed for ‘people’. This was recent too, like 3-4 weeks ago.

me three

I'm scared that my house will somehow catch on fire and it's now worse because people are rioting and setting places on fire. my mom says that in a similar situation many years ago, people set fire to an entire neighborhood (and maybe more, I don't remind exactly...even though she said this yesterday). so um. yeah.