Stray Fawn Community

Fears

Katumai

1 hour ago, Sky said:

I'm scared that my house will somehow catch on fire and it's now worse because people are rioting and setting places on fire. my mom says that in a similar situation many years ago, people set fire to an entire neighborhood (and maybe more, I don't remind exactly...even though she said this yesterday). so um. yeah.

I’m afraid that our police are going to keep macing 10 year olds in the face and tear gassing people and shooting them with rubber bullets.

but same I get upset sometimes thinking of loosing everything in my house in a fire

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ah

Being somewhere alone.

It seems to have recently amplified, so now I cant listen to plain music anymore and I need to hear someone properly speaking, voice acting, whatever. I also need to have someone a couple rooms away or in the same room as me. I can't be in public alone, either.

• 4 weeks later...

I dug this back up to say that im starting to try and get over my fears (slowly)

starting with the little ones are working my way up to the worst ones

First stop: Drowning

since Summer is almost over and we couldnt bear the heat anymore, we decided that we should get a pool and set it up in the backyard

once we actually get it im planning to try and work on my fear of drowning (i can barely put my head under the water for 5 seconds. damn) so i wont panic if i ever get stuck in water or something

i'll get over them all someday tfuiopftgyuhi (hopefully)

this is the order i plan to do them in: (from least damaging to worst)

1. Drowning

2. Being touched for too long

3. Oatmeal (just. dont. dont ask)

4. Thunder (pretty much an loud noise in general, but thunder is the worst next to yelling)

5. Religion

6. Mirrors

7. Closets

8. Bridges

9. Dogs

the rest of my fears are pretty much never going away so no point in working on that drftyguhi

k bye

• Like 3

things I’m still afraid of or even more irrationally afraid of then the last time. It’s not in any type of order- the numbers are out of order because I deleted stuff and didn’t feel like fixing it-

number 1: bugs. It’s self explanatory

number 2: being murdered. Also kinda self explanatory

number 3: the dark bc I’m actually 4 years old

number 5: failure and disappointing people. This one should be higher on the list but oh well- 

number 6: school. It’s not so much a fear but it’s something I’m nervous about because it’s definitely not going to be rad when we go back 

number 7: that all my friends will realize that I don’t deserve them and leave me. Or that they think I’m annoying, (which I couldn’t even blame them bc it’s true) and possessive (also kinda true)

number 9: any type of project for school
number 12: criticism: I can’t take criticism well, I always take it way to personally but I’m working on it and hope to do better and not get so upset in the future

number 13: math class because I don’t understand anything and I’m in the honors math class (Somehow I got in and managed not to get kicked out this year-) where everyone is so good at math and smart and I feel so utterly stupid and like a burden and a failure- haha fun times right. love being the least skilled person in the class

5 minutes ago, Flour said:

things I’m still afraid of or even more irrationally afraid of then the last time. It’s not in any type of order- the numbers are out of order because I deleted stuff and didn’t feel like fixing it-

number 5: failure and disappointing people. This one should be higher on the list but oh well- 

number 6: school. It’s not so much a fear but it’s something I’m nervous about because it’s definitely not going to be rad when we go back 

number 7: that all my friends will realize that I don’t deserve them and leave me. Or that they think I’m annoying, (which I couldn’t even blame them bc it’s true) and possessive (also kinda true)

number 12: criticism: I can’t take criticism well, I always take it way to personally but I’m working on it and hope to do better and not get so upset in the future

number 13: math class because I don’t understand anything and I’m in the honors math class (Somehow I got in and managed not to get kicked out this year-) where everyone is so good at math and smart and I feel so utterly stupid and like a burden and a failure- haha fun times right. love being the least skilled person in the class

we might be more similar than i thought

only im alot more childish and impatient

because i to, am in advanced classes and i to, do not understand how i got there

11 minutes ago, Lisa The Dragonwolf said:

we might be more similar than i thought

only im alot more childish and impatient

because i to, am in advanced classes and i to, do not understand how i got there

I’m impulsive and jump to conclusions before getting any solid evidence and have the stubbornness of a child.. oh no

aha :’) why am I here? Just to suffer- yeah it’s weird. I don’t deserve to be here but I knew a lot of people in the class before I got put into it so it was really fun because almost all the people in my friend group were in the class with me. I know I just complained about it Which was selfish but I genuinely love being in the class because I get it my friends all day because we stay in the same group all day. 

1 minute ago, Flour said:

I’m impulsive and jump to conclusions before getting any solid evidence and have the stubbornness of a child.. oh no

aha :’) why am I here? Just to suffer- yeah it’s weird. I don’t deserve to be here but I knew a lot of people in the class before I got put into it so it was really fun because almost all the people in my friend group were in the class with me. I know I just complained about it Which was selfish but I genuinely love being in the class because I get it my friends all day because we stay in the same group all day. 

i am a child in a almost-teen's body.

i definitely wasnt so stubborn and rebelious that literally 99% of the class hated me, totally not, and the one kid who didnt hate me totally was not only in one of the advanced classes despite being alot smarter than me

the test was just a few shapes, anyone should be able to do that

I totally didnt hate 6th grade, and im probably not gonna hate 50% of 7th grade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flour said:

i can seriously relate on the math thing trdyfughiop

i hate math with every fiber of my being, half because i have a hard enough time understanding numbers in general and half because all of my math teachers (aside from 2, they were cool) absolutely hated me and were jerks-i have no idea why, but they just never liked me

(my mom thinks i may have dyscalculia, which is reasonable-though we cant be sure since i havent been tested)

• Like 1

in no particular order

- wasps. never been stung by one (or anything really) but they still scare me even if I know it's a species that doesn't have a stinger/is very passive

- bees if they fly too close. I'm good with watching one on a flower a few feet away but if it flies towards me I'm gone. I'm just scared of being stung

- people not liking me. someone says just the slightest thing and I'm terrified. once my teacher misspelled "Hungary" on the blackboard and I pointed it out and a couple of my classmates were a tiny bit angry because the teacher was teaching us cool history (I pointed it out when there was a pause, not in the middle of a sentence or anything) and I almost cried. at home my parents get really angry at the slightest things so I just try and not talk but then I talk so I hit myself to try and make me stop talking so much. it isn't working.

-those street drains for rainwater in the curbs. when I was 6 I dropped a doll down there (a plumber or whatever drove by and we got him to go down and get it), and ever since I've been scared of going near one. the fear isn't too strong tho

- elevator doors shutting on me. I know there's sensors that keep it from closing if I just hold out my hands but I'm still terrified

- whatever I'm standing on breaking away and making me fall. I'm good with being in a building many stories high but not a 3 foot tall bridge that goes over a tiny creek

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sky said:

whatever I'm standing on breaking away and making me fall. I'm good with being in a building many stories high but not a 3 foot tall bridge that goes over a tiny creek

I forgot to add that to my fears list,, oops. I get like that but only if it’s the opposite and it’s high up like a balcony or a roof or something. Heights are something I’ve always been afraid off and the though of falling or something crumbling beneath me is not rad at all

42 minutes ago, Sky said:

- wasps. never been stung by one (or anything really) but they still scare me even if I know it's a species that doesn't have a stinger/is very passive

- bees if they fly too close. I'm good with watching one on a flower a few feet away but if it flies towards me I'm gone. I'm just scared of being stung

One time when I was two I apparently sat on a bee.. and it stung me.. it doesn’t really add too my fear of all bugs (including somewhat butterflies and definitely ladybugs (like where do they even come from! They’re just there all of the sudden in my room and I don’t want to kill them but I also don’t want them here-)) oh no I started rambling again- Oops. Anyways, I like the concept of bees and I want to like them but it’s pretty difficult. Once I tried to warm up to them by staring at a bush with lots of flowers and bees but I was just uncomfy the whole time even tho I didn’t get stung.

Oh and also one time at 5 am there was one of those spider but not things in my room somehow and sleep deprived me threw a book onto it and just left the book there.. then went to sleep at like 6am. Fun times 

• Paw up 1

You Don’t have to read this,

I don’t want to Bother you if you don’t

i don’t like Rambling about these things,

And I feel like I’m late to this.

((1 Is most terrifying 10 is least.

10. It’s too quiet (I hate silence, I like talking to people or listening to music)

9. Tight Spaces (I’m not claustrophobic but i Don’t like the feeling of not being able to move)

8. Being too deep underwater (I have a slight case of Thalassaphobia(the fear of the ocean) but also when I look up when I’m too deep underwater I see how far I have to swim up and it scares me)

7. Being too high up (I hate being up high at all, I’m not scared of heights I’m just scared of falling from that high up)

6. Bugs (especially cockroaches ;-;)

5. The Dark (I’m a two year old I know)

4. People not liking me (like, Everyone Thinking I’m the worst person they know)

3. Being alone (like, last person on earth)

2. Killing anyone/being killed (I absolutely HATE hurting others, and dying wouldn’t be the best thing ever)

1. My family dying (I’m more worried about my family then myself honestly)

(╥﹏╥)

I’m weird

I don’t like rambling about these kind of things to others because I feel like I’m just going to drag them down with me and I feel like a ball on a chain attached to that person’s leg and Their Swimming and I’m just dragging them underwater along with me.))

• Like 2

Hmmm, this is a bit of an interesting topic. I'm not sure if I necessarily have any fears? Or at least one extreme enough to warrant it being a phobia. I probably have experienced a few "fears" but I have never had a specific reason, most that weren't a big / long thing were irrational. But I do have one fear that still kind of effects me nowadays. So here goes. 🙂

When I was younger, and still somewhat now. I had this weird fear or dread when I had to go to sleep, or when I was tired and about to go to bed. I can't really explain it, and I don't know if there is a phobia related to sleeping. But the main reason was because I constantly worried throughout the night about things that most likely wouldn't happen. It probably started when my cousin started talking about things that have a low % but are possible, leading me to taking it pretty seriously and getting freaked out. So, I was scared of dying in my sleep, having a tree fall on me,  kidnapped in my sleep, etc. I also suffer from sleep paralysis on occasion, and those experiences really freak me out and make me reluctant to fall asleep, or push myself to stay up WAY later than what is healthy. (Like staying up 20 hours out of a 24 hour day.) Though it tends to happen when I'm stressed out or extremely sleep deprived, so it doesn't usually help. Though luckily I have been sleeping a lot because I am really sick currently! 😷

• Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, WishLeopard said:

Hmmm, this is a bit of an interesting topic. I'm not sure if I necessarily have any fears? Or at least one extreme enough to warrant it being a phobia. I probably have experienced a few "fears" but I have never had a specific reason, most that weren't a big / long thing were irrational. But I do have one fear that still kind of effects me nowadays. So here goes. 🙂

When I was younger, and still somewhat now. I had this weird fear or dread when I had to go to sleep, or when I was tired and about to go to bed. I can't really explain it, and I don't know if there is a phobia related to sleeping. But the main reason was because I constantly worried throughout the night about things that most likely wouldn't happen. It probably started when my cousin started talking about things that have a low % but are possible, leading me to taking it pretty seriously and getting freaked out. So, I was scared of dying in my sleep, having a tree fall on me,  kidnapped in my sleep, etc. I also suffer from sleep paralysis on occasion, and those experiences really freak me out and make me reluctant to fall asleep, or push myself to stay up WAY later than what is healthy. (Like staying up 20 hours out of a 24 hour day.) Though it tends to happen when I'm stressed out or extremely sleep deprived, so it doesn't usually help. Though luckily I have been sleeping a lot because I am really sick currently! 😷

Sounds like a case of Somniphobia

or fear of sleep

• Paw up 1

ah yes fears, I don't have a lot of them but still-

Crickets

just, don't ask-

Dying?

I'm just, terrified of getting hurt in general (Ex breaking a bone or something, not like, getting a little cut-)  

Drowning 

Hights

Also i have trypophobia- so

3 minutes ago, Pollygussie (She/Them) said:

ah yes fears, I don't have a lot of them but still-

Crickets

just, don't ask-

Dying?

I'm just, terrified of getting hurt in general (Ex breaking a bone or something, not like, getting a little cut-)  

Drowning 

Hights

Also i have trypophobia- so

there’s a meme called trypophobia meme-

Hmm, Isnt trypophobia a fear of small holes? Cause I forget.