Stray Fawn Community

Fears

Katumai

The fear that someone is always watching me. Always, I keep my door open at night and a light on, with my window open to see if anyone’s there. My mom usually shuts it because when the sun comes up it’ll wake me up early. Also at night, if my doors closed and my light is off, I will have every possible light on that I can get while sitting in bed, it scares me.
though I’m not afraid of the dark, because I don’t know why I absolutely love power outs, it scares me because I think somebody is watching me just to murder me. And yeah, I’m afraid of death.

but having a pet helps.

• Like 2

I'm a strange one

Because I'm afraid of bright and flashing lights, I actually love the dark. My friends are baffled by how my eyes adjust so quickly and how confidently I can walk in and out of my room without turning on the light -- and with an open window and closet -- to find that little thing I forgot to take out earlier-- it's quite entertaining.

I wouldn't survive half a second in a room with a half a dozen semi-loud people, but I hate it when the room is in complete silence. Usually I just open my window, but at this certain time at dusk, there's no wind and the birds are silent, so I'm just kind of dying, even with my music on.

I-- if someone is mad at me I physically don't know what to do

I'm not afraid of heights or spiders either, actually, and my older sister has described how I've never really disliked needles.

and there's a certain girl who I despise with a passion

but I actually dont

but she scares all of us.

That's all I have to say for now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sky said:

-this certain squeaky noise that sometimes happens. I can't really remember what makes the sound but I hate it. it's similar to nails on a chalkboard, i think

I think you're thinking about the erasing without a eraser noise on a paper

3 hours ago, CanDLinkZz said:

Because I'm afraid of bright and flashing lights, I actually love the dark. My friends are baffled by how my eyes adjust so quickly and how confidently I can walk in and out of my room without turning on the light -- and with an open window and closet -- to find that little thing I forgot to take out earlier-- it's quite entertaining.

I’m actually bothered when it’s too dark in my house. Even when nobody else is home and I’m just in one room, it makes me feel better if all the lights are on. I used to be a lot better with the dark when I was younger. Strangely though, my eyes can adjust to the dark quickly because of how late I stay up.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

13 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

I have this but only in mild instances. Medical studies that may trigger trypophobia or small circular objects clumped up together don’t affect me, but just... how can I explain this in a way nobody gets scared?

Tw:

Your body slowly deteriorating in circular shapes with fleshy maggots slowly crawling out of them

(Like from the witcher games? The eyes of some unmentionable women. I hope that's vague enough to avoid any and all google searches...)

6 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

oh, man i have tons of triggers and phobias 

uhh

Phobias:
Pteronarcophobia (phobia of flies)
Emetophobia (phobia of vomit) 

Triggers:
Electrocution
Pregnancy/Young Children 
Dehydration + Hallucinations
Neck Gore 

Would it be wrong to ask why Electrocution? 

4 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

oh, man i have tons of triggers and phobias 

uhh

Phobias:
Pteronarcophobia (phobia of flies)
Emetophobia (phobia of vomit) 

Triggers:
Electrocution
Pregnancy/Young Children 
Dehydration + Hallucinations
Neck Gore 

1 minute ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Would it be wrong to ask why Electrocution? 

And may I ask about the pregnancy/young children thing? young kids love me lol

This might seem a bit strange, but hear me out:

(Might be a bit sensitive to some people)

Religion is something that scares me too. (Sorry if this seems unsuitable for the forums, I can delete it if it is.)

It's always been unsettling to me. Not exactly sure why, but maybe it's the idea of some greater being that controls life and death. Someone that has some strict set of rules that deem if you're a bad person or not. And if you don't fit that criteria, you can never rest peacefully. Not just christianity either (though that is the one that disturbs me the most, bad experiences and such), other religions too. Stuff like Greek mythology always interested me more than anything.

There's several reasons that I never liked religion, but you'd have to pm me for anything else, the rest is probably to much of a sensitive topic for some people and isn't appropriate for the forums.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Clover said:

This might seem a bit strange, but hear me out:

(Might be a bit sensitive to some people)

Religion is something that scares me too. (Sorry if this seems unsuitable for the forums, I can delete it if it is.)

It's always been unsettling to me. Not exactly sure why, but maybe it's the idea of some greater being that controls life and death. Someone that has some strict set of rules that deem if you're a bad person or not. And if you don't fit that criteria, you can never rest peacefully. Not just christianity either (though that is the one that disturbs me the most, bad experiences and such), other religions too. Stuff like Greek mythology always interested me more than anything.

There's several reasons that I never liked religion, but you'd have to pm me for anything else, the rest is probably to much of a sensitive topic for some people and isn't appropriate for the forums.

Isn't the concept that everything and everyone happened accidentally and by chance a little weird, too? (I admit, Christianity can sound a bit weird sometimes if you don't understand everything.) (Let me know if this is offensive or something and I'll delete it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sky said:

Isn't the concept that everything and everyone happened accidentally and by chance a little weird, too? (I admit, Christianity can sound a bit weird sometimes if you don't understand everything.) (Let me know if this is offensive or something and I'll delete it)

I think there's some research that certain things are more likely to fold into organic shapes, as these are more stable by the laws of physics. So not random. But, how time came to be is seriously weird no matter which explanation.

Like can you imagine. A universe before time. Anything before time. Because it freaks me out

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sky said:

Both concepts are truly weird but for me I’d just like to believe in stuff that makes me feel good, not a set of rules created years ago. :) This is not an attack on any religion just stating my opinion 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flower said:

Both concepts are truly weird but for me I’d just like to believe in stuff that makes me feel good, not a set of rules created years ago. :) This is not an attack on any religion just stating my opinion 

buddhism puts it the best by just saying "theres no way of telling how the universe was created so just forget about it lol" and leaves it at that

• Like 3

1 minute ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

buddhism puts it the best by just saying "theres no way of telling how the universe was created so just forget about it lol" and leaves it at that

*applause* that is very correct

• Paw up 1

On 3/30/2020 at 2:13 PM, Aetherskye said:

I am also SO FREAKING SCARED OF TORNADOES AND PEOPLE ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT'S IRRATIONAL BECAUSE NASHVILLE AS SO MANY BIG BUILDINGS IN IT ONE ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN. EXCUSE ME?! DOES IT TAKE NORTH AND EAST NASHVILLE TO GET DEMOLISHED TO TELL YOU I AM JUSTIFIED?

I have never seen a tornado but I’m sure your fear of them is justified. Closest thing I’ve seen is a dust devil, and even then those aren’t very big. Tornadoes won’t spawn in very mountainous areas

On 3/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, Goggles-kun said:

I have this but only in mild instances. Medical studies that may trigger trypophobia or small circular objects clumped up together don’t affect me, but just... how can I explain this in a way nobody gets scared?

Tw:

Your body slowly deteriorating in circular shapes with fleshy maggots slowly crawling out of them

OML same. I hate it soooo much

Also

i have a fear of being forgotten so severe that it’s the fundamental basis that I live on. Trauma sucks. (And yes, I am darn nearly sure this was caused by trauma.)

On 3/31/2020 at 6:38 AM, Goggles-kun said:

Tw:

aaaaaaaa same

also i'm afraid of needles

get those things away from me

i'm not antivax- i still take them when i have to... i just don't like seeing someone get needled or having it happen to me

I'm 100% fine with needles, but faint at... smelling? blood. It's not a phobia, so looking away does literally nothing. Getting stabbed is much the same. 

I took two seconds to knock me out the first time I had a nosebleed as a kid. It was hilarious, supposedly. I've got enough control nowadays that I can starve it off for minutes, but spacecat can't ever become a surgeon or veterinarian. Tragic.

• Paw up 1

You know those little squishy kinda sticky things you get after the dentist as a kid or a bunch for cheap? When you poke your finger through it. And then you touch the part where your fingernail is. Not a fear but. hieugh