Stray Fawn Community

Introducing the "newbie" Group

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New here, fellow game developer, but mostly going to be lurking. Reason why is I watched Philomena's GDC 2019 talk about community building and using forums, and we're looking to move away from using Discord as our "hub" and onto something more stable. Chat's great n'all with smaller groups, but it really doesn't scale so well once you start to have hundreds of people posting every day.

anyway tl;dr I am noseying around to see how good forums actually are these days and if any of the strayfawn devs are open to talking to me about it I'd love to ask some questions at some point later.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

3 hours ago, Benjamin said:

New here, fellow game developer, but mostly going to be lurking. Reason why is I watched Philomena's GDC 2019 talk about community building and using forums, and we're looking to move away from using Discord as our "hub" and onto something more stable. Chat's great n'all with smaller groups, but it really doesn't scale so well once you start to have hundreds of people posting every day.

anyway tl;dr I am noseying around to see how good forums actually are these days and if any of the strayfawn devs are open to talking to me about it I'd love to ask some questions at some point later.

welcome :DD

3 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Welcome to the forums!

On 2/18/2022 at 3:38 AM, Laurelei is isolating forever said:

Hi I’m a Kickstarter backer for the wandering village and an owner of Niche. I’m new to the forums and just downloaded the beta. 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:19 AM, AshenLeafPaintworks said:

Hi folks, pleasure to join you all and looking forward to getting started with Wandering Village :)

Welcome to our odd little corner of the internet

Welcome!(1).gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 4:29 AM, Golden Fawn said:

Hi, I'm new too, but I have been playing Niche since the acquatic update. Have a nice day!👋

Baby mod baby mod baby mod

• Sad 1