Stray Fawn Community

Wolf Pack

GreenTheGreat

I make wolf pack challenge for u.

Your first two nichelings must be set to alpha. The alphas can only breed. No inviting wanderers! A wolf pack is usually the alphas and their pups. When the pups grow, they can either care for the next litter, or disperse and start another pack! Thank you to silver for the multiple packs thing

That's really it, have fun.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, Silver said:

Can I add to this? Once the pack grows like the pups, they can either care for the next litter, or disperse to start a new pack of their own, just a little more realism to the world of Niche wolves :) 

oooo, I do like that. You have some great ideas!

• Like 1

I believe in Yellowstone there is a pack of over 35 wolves which is known as the Druids, they are the largest pack in recorded history but thats in Yellowstone where there is an abundance of prey and barely any hazards for the wolves.  However, most packs do just consist of mum dad and their pups, it depends on whether the territory can support the larger numbers when the pups grow up and the alphas or dominants might chase all or one or two off so there are fewer mouths to feed.  If there are a lot of predators in the territory is another factor, its about balance, ensuring all members can be fed while making sure the pack is strong enough to deal with competition.  The average pack has 6-10 members.

Some islands in niche for example might be able to support a larger population or you might find in others a bit of overcrowding in the smaller islands or less prey/food like in the savannah islands or you might want more members to provide warmth in the colder islands so the max size of your pack could depend on the island you're on.

Finally, the young pups are the most important thing in the pack so really in order to make sure they can eat they should be set to alpha status until they grow up, I'm not sure if you want to change the duration of their lives in this challenge because everything revolves around raising their pups and with niche they grow up so fast so that might be something to consider.

Sorry, think I got a little carried away, I just love wolves and its very refreshing to see them done right (WolfQuest as much as I love it absolutely ruined wolf pack roleplays for me)

• Like 3

• 3 years later...