Stray Fawn Community

High recoil sniper part self-destructing

Feone Varen

Kkinetic sniper weapon with +100% damage, +300% bullet + 300% recoil will explode on firing.

I found this part on a survival playthrough pretty early on (very lucky) and my various drones all use it, I haven't noticed it exploding before the latest beta patch. Not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior (triple shot and recoil multiplier is an awful lot of recoil). It happens regardless of how it's attached, even when totally detached from the drone. (engineer captain)

Edit - Cryogenic Sniper with + 150% recoil and +200% bullet count shows the same behavior.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh, gosh,  it's here. High recoil value problem...

I thought it's a feature. But according to lack of "recoil buffering" information(like YouTube video or forums) and "bug reported only feature", it's like it actually is a BUG...

And I found out that there's not any connection between "shootforce" or "damage", and "recoil"... Wat da hek???

So it's like you have high recoil value, but shooting like "penis jerking"...(Lmfao!)

Edited by Void
Content supplement.

I think I've found a way to buffer the shock from recoiling to avoid self-destruction, by connect the second, third or higher sub-connector from the core. If lower, e.g. first connector, self-destruction never stops. (As the pic., connection arms don't need to be that long.)Untitled.thumb.png.a3491c9f777ff330e4724cdafd69b853.png

Pic. 1.  Connecting example(Up)

Nimbatus_GIF_202012271741429066.gif.a52082663f979b37a2e18692bc805099.gif 

Pic. 2.  Shooting animation(Up)

aa.thumb.png.366a8161e469e4aa77e91253780e29d4.png

Pic. 3.  Recoil value. (when shotgun arrived at this value, self-destruction would happen.)(Up)

All Pics are for demo for buffer recoil method. Not the most efficient status to buffer recoil. You can reduce many blocks and adjust to the least amount of blocks to buffer.

Edited by Void
Content supplement.