Stray Fawn Community

Full set of sensor objects for all sensors / vtol

Konchog

Currently some sensors cannot sense things other sensors can. Eg - the container is not a valid sense target for distance/proximity sensors.

Maybe that's some upgrade thing - but it is counter-intuitive that I have to find different sensors to target the container.

Maybe separate out the 'sense discriminator' from the sensor type, and upgrade the number of discriminators a sensor can hold at any given time?

Eg - start off with 3 sockets - or even 1?  Then any sensor / object-directed thing can be used for any set of discriminators?

10 replies to this post

Best turret I've managed so far:

5lUyrRC.gif

It's notable that direction indicators now have a 'nearest enemy' setting, which they didn't when I made this.  They're a bit unwieldy, but would eliminate the time wasted scanning empty space.

OK.  This is by no means n exhaustive list, but covers a lot of basics.  Subject to possible change in the future, tested as of Apr 10, 2020.

MsSGVSs.png?1

Enemies:  Bees, turrets, etc.  It seems to exclude passive creatures like purple blobs.

Enemy structures:  I know this includes hives.  It probably includes a lot more.

Obstacles:  Purple blobs, scrap, the Nimbatus, and the bucket.

Collectable items:  Cargo containers, black boxes, the alien artifact, etc.  Probably situational.

Own drone:  You get three guesses, and the first two don't count.

Resources:  Ore and nothing but ore so far.

Projectiles:  This detects enemy projectiles, including acid bee puke and corporate guns.

Mission Target:  This one is situational.  In artifact missions, it responds to burned-out statues.  In corporate lab missions, it responds to shield generators and the lab.  In hammerhead missions, it responds to hammerheads.  Et cetera.

It's especially helpful to use "mission target" with a direction indicator, because it changes!  Light one dead statue, and it will direct you to the next one.  Light the last statue, and it will point you to the artifact.  Blow up one shield generator, and it'll point you to the next.

Things I haven't tested:  Laser bees, hot and cold planet enemies, those weird glowy rocks of unknown purpose, meteors, funky meteors, lots of corporate hardware, etc.

Yeah - ok, I didn't think to connect the motorised hinge to a balance sensor - but it works well.. One has to adjust the response speeds very carefully for optimal effect, but it certainly does the trick. 

A real shame that the VTOL won't rotate things attached to it though...

auto-aim.png

• Thanks 1

I've been working on the campaign mode - and using a drone cluster works quite well - but avoiding the container at the beginning is a royal pain.  Each of the offspring has it's own offset timer, which works really well. (This was before I learned about the factory!)

cf.png

cf2.png

34 minutes ago, corona_wind said:

For that matter, the gun itself can rotate!  It just doesn't have a 'nearest enemy' setting.

Yeah - but only cursor rotation - which sort of sucks for full autonomy.  I want to use full autonomy.

The main problem I now have is not being able to zoom out so much from the core - especially when my sub-clones are doing all the work!

16 hours ago, corona_wind said:

Try the camera tracker part.

Yeah, I got there! The position tracker is sweet - but the camera tracker fails with factory-produced drones - unless there's a tab-or-something to switch between cameras on the same key?