Stray Fawn Community

Ideas for niche mythology!

Sky

On 4/10/2020 at 10:31 PM, Sky said:

What happens to nichelings that aren't gods and goddesses when they die? If they somehow exist afterwards in a sort of afterlife, are they different from gods and goddesses (minus the powers), or from their live selves? Do good nichelings go to one place, and bad ones to another?

They go to the same place, between the Niche world and the Void. There is no distinction. Ghosts tend to fade away after some time.

In real life, some species can interbreed with each other, like horses and donkeys (creating mules). But this is widely known to be because they share some of the same ancestors, and haven't changed so much that they can't breed with eachother anymore. So, why can Nichelings and Bearyenas breed, when they're different species?

They are the same genus, like horses and donkeys

How did the Niche world come to be?

The universe went boom

Do all Nichelings speak English? Do they all speak a different language, but when depicted on the forums, speak English? Do different groups of Nichelings speak different languages?

They don't speak English. They technically speak different languages but can understand each other since Niche is a "Tethered Node" (I just made that name up), which means they hear each other speaking their language

Not quite mythology, but how do your nichelings see, for example, the instant aging of teen to adult? Do they simply wake up one day and find themselves taller and more mature, or are the changes over time, like in real life? Other examples include nicheling death (body instantly changes into bones), food storage, and nighttime.

The aging happens overtime, with a growth spurt at the end of teenhood. Bodies become bones because a Niche day is a month for me. Nighttime passes quickly because everyone is asleep. Food just kinda happens, idk

How do nichelings become gods and goddesses? Is there a nicheling that chooses who becomes a god or goddess, or what?

CHIM /j

If there's so many different pantheons, is only one true, and the rest just stories? Is each pantheon real, but they each control a different area of the world? If the second one is the case, then do some/all nichelings know of multiple pantheons? Can the areas interact? Can nichelings from one pantheon's area cross into a different pantheon's area? (I'd assume so because of, y'know, give-me-a-nicheling playthroughs, but do whatever you want!)

All pantheon gods are, in some way, true. The gods tend not to care for those who don't worship them or are unable to.

Do humans exist in the same world as nichelings? If so: Do they live separately from nichelings? Do they know nichelings exist? If they live alongside nichelings, it it peacefully? Do different groups of humans and nichelings have different relationships? Do humans keep nichelings as pets? Decorate their homes with their pelts?

[REDACTED]

How do nichelings gain gems? Do they magically appear upon the nicheling's chest when they reach the right age? Do they find the gems? Is there a god or goddess who gives the gems to nichelings? Do gems simply not exist in the Niche world, and are only there for us people as a guide when playing the game?

Gems are kind of like teeth: they grow out when there is space for them to. They can't form before because there isn't space.

mmm i'm gonna do this too now

On 4/10/2020 at 3:31 PM, Sky said:

-What happens to nichelings that aren't gods and goddesses when they die? If they somehow exist afterwards in a sort of afterlife, are they different from gods and goddesses (minus the powers), or from their live selves? Do good nichelings go to one place, and bad ones to another?

A) All dead nichelings enter Jenkova. It is a large, infinite or near-infinite group of islands, consisting of each and every biome known. B) Dead, non-god nichelings are called spirits. As gems merely measure a nicheling's energy, and spirits have infinite energy, gems are optional. Most keep their gems, as they're too used to them to part; some drop them completely and give them to Sprigflower for recycling. Spirits' gems do not glow like those of gods'. Spirits cannot reproduce, unlike gods. C) All spirits go to Jenkova, but the "evil" ones stay in the far south, while the "good" spirits stay in the north.

-In real life, some species can interbreed with each other, like horses and donkeys (creating mules). But this is widely known to be because they share some of the same ancestors, and haven't changed so much that they can't breed with eachother anymore. So, why can Nichelings and Bearyenas breed, when they're different species?

-How did the Niche world come to be?

No nicheling knows how the world was created, or who made Annini the first goddess. In this same way, no nicheling knows why bearyenas can mate with them. The leading theory for the creation of the world is that there is another being, greater than any god, that created the world. Bearyenas are believed to have once been nichelings, but were isolated for a time and made many mutations. They are now hostile to their nicheling brethren, unless raised from childhood by these enemies.

-Do all Nichelings speak English? Do they all speak a different language, but when depicted on the forums, speak English? Do different groups of Nichelings speak different languages?

All nichelings are descended from the Kikonoko Tribe, and use their language (Kikonokian). Some tribes use variations (like America vs. Britain).

-Not quite mythology, but how do your nichelings see, for example, the instant aging of teen to adult? Do they simply wake up one day and find themselves taller and more mature, or are the changes over time, like in real life? Other examples include nicheling death (body instantly changes into bones), food storage, and nighttime.

A) They wake up and boom puberty's done and over. B) When nichelings die, everything disintegrates, except for the bones which fall to the ground in place. These bones disintegrate too after a few days. B & C) idk yet

-How do nichelings become gods and goddesses? Is there a nicheling that chooses who becomes a god or goddess, or what?

It is unknown how Annini became the first goddess, but from then on she has always been the Head Goddess. She sees all and knows all, and chooses who will become a god.

-If there's so many different pantheons, is only one true, and the rest just stories? Is each pantheon real, but they each control a different area of the world? If the second one is the case, then do some/all nichelings know of multiple pantheons? Can the areas interact? Can nichelings from one pantheon's area cross into a different pantheon's area? (I'd assume so because of, y'know, give-me-a-nicheling playthroughs, but do whatever you want!)

Multiple universes exist. Every player of Niche has their own universe. In mine, there are two religions: Kikonokianity and Hallinity. Kikonokinity is the main one, for which all the questions here I have answered; Hallinity is monotheistic and really more of a cult, originating in a Kikonokian nicheling named Hallie claiming she was a goddess. Her tribe believed her and worshipped her so intensively that she is now an actual god, but has her own version of Jenkova and the like. The Adamads are the only known tribe to worship her.

-Do humans exist in the same world as nichelings? If so: Do they live separately from nichelings? Do they know nichelings exist? If they live alongside nichelings, it it peacefully? Do different groups of humans and nichelings have different relationships? Do humans keep nichelings as pets? Decorate their homes with their pelts?

multiverse : )

-How do nichelings gain gems? Do they magically appear upon the nicheling's chest when they reach the right age? Do they find the gems? Is there a god or goddess who gives the gems to nichelings? Do gems simply not exist in the Niche world, and are only there for us people as a guide when playing the game?

The goddess of dreams, magic, and gems, Sprigflower, gives out gems. Some say she lives in space, where all the stars are gems; others say she lives in Tyni (the gods-only section of Jenkova) and has a huge stash of gems that she got from who-knows-where. Either way, she delivers gems to growing nichelings in the night, as well as takes the dead nichelings' gems away for recycling. The nicheling finds the gem beside them in the morning and has the instinct to press it against their chest, where it bonds with their body and stays until they die.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, Sky said:

So, y'know, a lot of us have a pantheon of gods and goddesses, right? But not many people have much mythology other than those gods and goddesses (though some do). Well, if you want to have some fun Niche mythology, here's some ideas to come up with stories for! Feel free to share your takes on each point here, or even make your own thread! You can also share even more ideas :D (also, you can just pick and choose, you don't have to use/answer all the questions, just want to make that clear)

-What happens to nichelings that aren't gods and goddesses when they die? If they somehow exist afterwards in a sort of afterlife, are they different from gods and goddesses (minus the powers), or from their live selves? Do good nichelings go to one place, and bad ones to another?

-In real life, some species can interbreed with each other, like horses and donkeys (creating mules). But this is widely known to be because they share some of the same ancestors, and haven't changed so much that they can't breed with eachother anymore. So, why can Nichelings and Bearyenas breed, when they're different species?

-How did the Niche world come to be?

-Do all Nichelings speak English? Do they all speak a different language, but when depicted on the forums, speak English? Do different groups of Nichelings speak different languages?

-Not quite mythology, but how do your nichelings see, for example, the instant aging of teen to adult? Do they simply wake up one day and find themselves taller and more mature, or are the changes over time, like in real life? Other examples include nicheling death (body instantly changes into bones), food storage, and nighttime.

-How do nichelings become gods and goddesses? Is there a nicheling that chooses who becomes a god or goddess, or what?

-If there's so many different pantheons, is only one true, and the rest just stories? Is each pantheon real, but they each control a different area of the world? If the second one is the case, then do some/all nichelings know of multiple pantheons? Can the areas interact? Can nichelings from one pantheon's area cross into a different pantheon's area? (I'd assume so because of, y'know, give-me-a-nicheling playthroughs, but do whatever you want!)

-Do humans exist in the same world as nichelings? If so: Do they live separately from nichelings? Do they know nichelings exist? If they live alongside nichelings, it it peacefully? Do different groups of humans and nichelings have different relationships? Do humans keep nichelings as pets? Decorate their homes with their pelts?

-How do nichelings gain gems? Do they magically appear upon the nicheling's chest when they reach the right age? Do they find the gems? Is there a god or goddess who gives the gems to nichelings? Do gems simply not exist in the Niche world, and are only there for us people as a guide when playing the game?

-that's all my suggestions, but please feel free to suggest your own!

Question 1: In my Niche worlds I don't really have niche gods and goddesses most the time, and not in the traditional pantheon sense. It depends actually on the playthrough/world where nichelings go when they die. Some I haven't thought about. In my WC playthrough of course there's Star Clan, but I haven't decided if there will be a Dark Forest yet. In the Last Sabers there's a place for those who believe in the God of Forgiveness (I actually forgot his name rip), then there's a place for good or average nichelings, then a place for really bad ones. In my Storymode playthrough, bad nichelings may cease to exist when they die, where-as good ones go to heaven.

Question 2: Well whales and Dolphins can breed. Maybe it's something like that. Many creatures can actually breed with some-what similair ones (of the same 'kind'), but while it's possible they usually don't since they have their own mating rituals and such.

Question 3: Well it probably depends for each Niche universe. But since I myself believe a non-theistic creation (or rather the universe magically created itself out of nothingness) to be unscientific (please don't kill me for saying this), and besides, it's a whole lot less boring, I would say something or someone created it. Maybe gods/goddesses, maybe just one god. Maybe it depends and different Niche universes/worlds were created different ways.

Question 4: I would say they all speak different languages. But none of them actually speak English. Usually there is only one language per universe/island chain/world, but there are exceptions.

Question 5: I like to think of one Niche day as a longer period of time. Say a month or a year. So thag month or year they have a growth spurt. Or that month or year they die and their body decays. Nights are all the nights in that month or year, or the latter half of the month or year, but nichelings are strictly dinural and thus sleep every night. I don't try and make sense of the way food works in Niche...since then you'd have to ask how u can store hundreds of pieces of food without refrigeration. 

Question 6: Well the God of Forgiveness in my sabor challenge just exists and was never actually a nicheling...well, that I know of anyways. I did one have Chiyanna be a Goddess and when I did it was because she led her tribe to a new island because of her love for adventure. Maybe there's a code about who can become one? Or maybe there's an ultimate God/Goddess over it all who chooses who can be one? Maybe that being created the whole Niche world, even every universe?

Question 7: It would depend on the universe. For example, perhaps every world with your pantheon in it is in the same universe. So that pantheon is real in that universe. But if stories of your pantheon traveled to my universe and nichelings began to worship them, their efforts would be in vain, because they are fake in my universe and cannot see them. Plus it would anger any gods in my universe.

Question 8: I'd imagine not. But it would be cool if they did! Hey that gives me an idea, thanks!

Question 9: I would say that they don't actually exist. Or maybe they just appear when they reach the right age and are just apart of the nicheling's body. Kinda like teeth as Mod said.

3 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

non-theistic creation (or rather the universe magically created itself out of nothingness) to be unscientific (please don't kill me for saying this),

*Crawls out of the woodwork*

It technically didn't make itself out of nothingness (if you're talking about the big bang), everything was there, cramped in a small space, and exploded because there simply wasn't space. /nm

• Paw up 1

7 hours ago, Mod the non-Mod said:

*Crawls out of the woodwork*

It technically didn't make itself out of nothingness (if you're talking about the big bang), everything was there, cramped in a small space, and exploded because there simply wasn't space. /nm

(But how did the everything that was in a tiny space exist? Where did it come from? That was the part I was talking about. Nobody attempts to explain where it came from, but if it was the beggining then I must've come from nothing and nowhere. Unless there was something before that, but where did that come from? And how do we get intelegent code from a random primordial pool? It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm the kind of person that has to have something proved to me. I was an atheist for years. Then I realized what I believed really wasn't supported by science, even if everyone said it was. Really, there's no way to know how the world was created for sure. We are observing the present and trying to figure out what happened in a very distant past.

Anyways, that's just how I feel and what I believe, I could be wrong. Also I'm always up for an intelegent debate on the subject. A debate, not an argument. No name-calling, raised voices, or hard feelings. Also the mods may not like us clogging up the forums with it so maybe pms? Or a thread specifically for it? Or discord? 

2 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(But how did the everything that was in a tiny space exist? Where did it come from? That was the part I was talking about. Nobody attempts to explain where it came from, but if it was the beggining then I must've come from nothing and nowhere. Unless there was something before that, but where did that come from? And how do we get intelegent code from a random primordial pool? It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm the kind of person that has to have something proved to me. I was an atheist for years. Then I realized what I believed really wasn't supported by science, even if everyone said it was. Really, there's no way to know how the world was created for sure. We are observing the present and trying to figure out what happened in a very distant past.

Anyways, that's just how I feel and what I believe, I could be wrong. Also I'm always up for an intelegent debate on the subject. A debate, not an argument. No name-calling, raised voices, or hard feelings. Also the mods may not like us clogging up the forums with it so maybe pms? Or a thread specifically for it? Or discord? 

We can't exactly know what happened at the beginning. I suppose we should move this discussion

• Paw up 1

• 1 month later...