Stray Fawn Community

Resource Sensor

Konchog

SO neither the VTOL nor the balance sensor can be used to find resources...  Ow!  It makes the programmer/autonomous campaign mode nearly impossible, especially as getting back to the TOP of the container is really hard. (Basically, one has to ensure one first gets to a high altitude away from the container, and THEN keep that attitude until one is above the container.)

Basically, I cannot quite see how to build an autonomous mining drone.  

10 replies to this post

It's actually super easy in programmer mode, just drop a detachable "resource container" into the "nimbatus container", due to the "wireless resource transfer" the resources from other drone parts will be send to the "resource container" and immediately collected by the "nimbatus container"

• Like 3

On 4/10/2020 at 5:56 PM, Konchog said:

Basically, I cannot quite see how to build an autonomous mining drone.  

2 sensors, 2 engines.

GlbQW99.gif

What tells it where to aim?  Absolutely nothing.  What tells it when to mine?  Absolutely nothing.

7 hours ago, corona_wind said:

2 sensors, 2 engines.

GlbQW99.gif

What tells it where to aim?  Absolutely nothing.  What tells it when to mine?  Absolutely nothing.

So when the resource is buried under a load of terrain, how does your magic engine get it? Or do you just spam terrain eaters, which is what I currently do?

On 4/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, Micha said:

I also added a new sensor detection layer for the Container, so it can be distinguished from other objects

This is super useful for the ancient artefact missions! Thanks!

4 hours ago, Konchog said:

So when the resource is buried under a load of terrain, how does your magic engine get it? Or do you just spam terrain eaters, which is what I currently do?

Coping with drone brains on the order of a Solarbotics kit, you have to take what you can get.  Many things are going to be impossible until complex logic is implemented, and even then, much will still be difficult.

With enough speed and luck, these rollers can explore a large portion of planets with tunnels to the core (to the point I use them for core hammerhead missions).  Sometimes I use timed boosters to aim them specifically at certain lodes.

8 hours ago, corona_wind said:

Coping with drone brains on the order of a Solarbotics kit, you have to take what you can get.  Many things are going to be impossible until complex logic is implemented, and even then, much will still be difficult.

With enough speed and luck, these rollers can explore a large portion of planets with tunnels to the core (to the point I use them for core hammerhead missions).  Sometimes I use timed boosters to aim them specifically at certain lodes.

Yeah - I’m hoping for a complex logic component so that I can tidy away the ten+ rules I have on some minidrones! They get so clunky.  It’s weird writing with these assertions - a bit like some cross between prolog and scratch 🙂