Stray Fawn Community

Nimbatus Alpha to Early Access Road Map

Philo

Hey folks :)

We put together a road map that shows all the things we want to add to the game during the Closed Alpha.
There will be a total of 4 updates. Update 1-3 will add new features and update 4 will mostly improve and polish things up. There will be plently of smalles updates/patches inbetween with bug fixes, improvements and new drone parts.
To all Closed Alpha Testers: Please give us lots and lots of feedback so the game will be in great shape for Steam Early Access :D

Timeline.gif.6a9f16713cb985821eaa1d1108d66cc0.gif

• Like 5

Yes the idea is that each dronepart and enemy has a temperature. If it rises too high, it will start to burn. Burning objects will rise the temperature of adjacient objects and objects have different heat resistance depending on the material.

The idea behind is that you need to actively cool down or shield your droneparts if you get closer to the molten core of a lava planet. But we'll implement it in a way that the mechanic works for all other objects :) 

For example you should be able to set fire to enemies, they panic and set others on fire ;) 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Micha said:

Yes the idea is that each dronepart and enemy has a temperature. If it rises too high, it will start to burn. Burning objects will rise the temperature of adjacient objects and objects have different heat resistance depending on the material.

The idea behind is that you need to actively cool down or shield your droneparts if you get closer to the molten core of a lava planet. But we'll implement it in a way that the mechanic works for all other objects :) 

For example you should be able to set fire to enemies, they panic and set others on fire ;) 

What about freezing? How will enemys react to that?

Well it will depend on the enemy. Most likely it will slow down movement or let flying enemies fall down to the ground when frozen. We will play around with freezing mechanics when we add colder planets. We have not yet started working on this feature :)

• Like 2

Are there any rough estimated dates when those points will be ready to tinker with?

I know it need time, so... Soon(tm) and 'when it's done' are just nice estimates :)

We aim to release early access in september. The plan is to release a bigger update each month starting next month. And smaller updates every ~2 weeks containing popular drone part and features suggestions.

So keep upvoting the things you like to see in the game :)

• Like 2

Most likely it will slow down movement or let flying enemies fall down to the ground when frozen.

Hmmm @Micha only current enemies that I know of that are non-flying is the snake. Excited at the possibility more non-flying creatures. :3

Very excited for all them updates. I'm happy to keep giving more feedback when I can. It's cool seeing the forum's get more energy behind them as things pick up. 

• Like 2

I eagerly await the next update, i want to fiddle around with new stuff.

More features, more feedback, more features, more... more!

Note to self: Ok, don't get excited too much, let's start small with the next update and be happy about it, there is already much stuff to do :) 

• Like 4

• Micha pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

if I might add one thing. with the most recent update making super ultra death machines much harder to do energy-wise, it would be awesome if the heat stuff was more on the manageable side or at least doesn't take up one of the weapon attachment slots. because I have to use those sparingly already.

• Like 2

@blackbook7777 I know that those ultra death machines are super fun to do :) But the problem is, that it's hard to design & balance a game, where normal gameplay and ultra death machines can happily co-exist :) I think we have to optimize and balance for normal gameplay, and have to find a good solution, to allow ultra death machines and other creative endeavors. Not sure how we'll implement those yet. Maybe with an additional "sandbox" mode, where you can freely configure things, or maybe something entirely else. To Be Discussed... nothing fixed yet. :) 

If you have suggestions regarding this topic, feel free to start a thread in the "Discussion & Feedback" with this topic, as it will get more visibility and participating members :) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Micha unpinned this topic