Stray Fawn Community

goggles’ home thread, aka “goggles’ dead mod career cemetery”

Goggles-kun

On 5/13/2020 at 1:13 AM, Goggles-kun said:

I was trying to find that one cursed image of scorbunny to reference and instead I found this

887916BD-76C4-45A3-A1C0-EDE036D7169C.jpeg.d4dbcf43e1ddf3a1d1a102027b57481f.jpeg

Somewhat of a follow up: people ship them? And my boyfriend is one of them?

866BE82E-1E3C-4EF7-A755-46E0FCEA56AD.png.a145c840c15cb76366262709e19321f2.png

• Eek! 1

On 5/15/2020 at 4:03 PM, Goggles-kun said:

Introducing my beefed up rillaboom who will destroy your pokemon

image.thumb.jpg.b6ad999b868282825de8fc8cb396a2a4.jpg

I wonder if a 6IV Inteleon of the same level would be able to beat?

7 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

I wonder if a 6IV Inteleon of the same level would be able to beat?

If it knew an ice or bug attack, yeah. But that definitely shouldn’t give you ideas. Treek can destroy cinderaces too.

2 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

If it knew an ice or bug attack, yeah. But that definitely shouldn’t give you ideas. Treek can destroy cinderaces too.

Yeah that’s what I thought— now I kinda want to fight : p.    But my Pokémon that I’ll use to fight are like level 47 atm.

22 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Yeah that’s what I thought— now I kinda want to fight : p.    But my Pokémon that I’ll use to fight are like level 47 atm.

I’ve been pretty discouraged from fighting after some kid called me garbage. Jokes on him, all his good Pokémon were hacked 

1 minute ago, Goggles-kun said:

I’ve been pretty discouraged from fighting after some kid called me garbage. Jokes on him, all his good Pokémon were hacked 

At least we know each other to an extent and I think your far better than trash.

edit: I am trash for competitive tho.

33 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

My team’s pretty trash. Doubt

If you're trash, I'm super trash lmao. (I can barely win against the Battle Tower NPCs ;-;)

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

If you're trash, I'm super trash lmao. (I can barely win against the Battle Tower NPCs ;-;)

My team was pretty much okay until I met Opal’s Togekiss.

Let me let you in on a little thing: togekiss is incredibly powerful

I love how contradictory both genwunner’s arguments are and the newgenner’s arguments why their favorite generation is better

If this is just a bird...

525F41C8-ABB8-40A0-8615-BDA29559F63F.jpeg.cbfdff639fe512aac4c3342673bd4137.jpeg

Isn’t this just a toucan?

5D12A90D-8532-4E9E-BB29-4D2D2EE063A7.jpeg.2d1d0812d636f43894ba691074101116.jpeg

If this is just a meteor...

09285469-264F-4ACC-84B1-E64D874C8B24.jpeg.2aa6e702a37c81ecf887a36b71a5e0b4.jpeg

Isn’t this just a rock with arms?

516FC8D6-337C-4069-ADA4-84CDFCC38D9D.jpeg.b7eb15cfba30e4b89eab98b33a8c4a1f.jpeg

• Like 1

Back to the echo chamber I go! My opinions on every Pokémon generation.

Generation One: Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow; Kanto

Obviously the most iconic generation for a lot of reasons, but mostly because Kanto is home to GameFreak’s trifecta of “if you put this Pokémon on anything, children will 100% buy it!” And yes, I mean pikachu, charizard, and eevee. (It’s pretty ironic though. Pikachu and eevee are actually really horrible in-game, and the only reason you get a charizard is because you think dragons look cooler than mutant tree frogs and tank turtles.) Even someone who isn’t a fan of Pokémon will recognize at least one Pokémon from Gen 1, whether it be pikachu or something else iconic like geodude, zubat, or psyduck. It’s pretty fun to look back at Gen 1, too. It’s so alien to modern Pokémon’s set up that it looks like a bad rip off. I wouldn’t say it’s the best Gen because it’s the first, but if it weren’t for Gen 1, people wouldn’t be playing the games. 
Fun fact! Pikachu was originally going to be the first part of a three-stage evolutionarily line, the last stage being a Pokémon named gorochu. Gorochu was scrapped due to a lack of cartridge space. This is a recreation of gorochu:

FD45BBD6-27D1-4970-94C5-3CB75D418D13.jpeg.6a1ccf1796a0482848125c02d7da8e50.jpeg

Generation Two: Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal; Johto

Gen 2 is like Kanto’s younger brother that lives in their shadow, but when looked at for at least more than two seconds, is one of the best guys that you meet. Gen 2 introduced many features that would make modern Pokémon look like a joke without it; it introduced:

• Dual-typing
  • Day/night cycles
  • Pokémon having gender
  • ^ Pokémon breeding (which is why there’s baby Pokémon)
  • Friendship. This originally existed in Pokémon Yellow with pikachu, but was extended to every Pokémon in Gen 2
  • New types: dark and steel, which were primarily made to debuff psychic types since they only had one weakness in Gen 1, but have become very popular types today
  • SHINY POKÉMON 

It should also be mentioned that while Gen 2 had a bit of a weak lineup, it still has incredibly famous Pokémon like umbreon, espeon, furret, the starters themselves are pretty iconic, donphan, houndoom, lugia, ho-oh, and celebi. The baby Pokémon caught some fame alone, too. If it weren’t for Gen 2, you wouldn’t be lavishing over that cool ‘mon you got that had a different colour palette. 
Fun fact! Lugia was originally created for the second Pokémon movie. Its creator was actually surprised when GameFreak put lugia in their game. 
3DEE74A4-C9DC-4C35-9E2F-1108938FA4D7.jpeg.9512408696733050e7afad356cc353ee.jpeg

Generation Three: Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald; Hoenn

If there were such a thing as a Gen equally as iconic as Gen 1, Gen 3 comes really close to that. While the Gen didn’t add very much to the franchise except for adding abilities, natures (personalities), and double battles, Gen 3’s iconic lineup of Pokémon gave it a sense of firm placement in the series. The Weather Trio (kyogre, groudon, and rayquaza) became incredibly popular amongst fans alongside other Pokémon like gardevoir, flygon, blaziken, and more. I’d argue Gen 3 designs were the peak of Pokémon designs— balanced, proportionate, and cute designs that swept fans’ feet and Pokémon merch sales. Did it really do much to contribute to the franchise? No. Was it cool anyways? Yeah!
Fun Fact! All generations have a “pseudo-legendary” Pokémon, which is a Pokémon that has above normal stats but can’t be put on the same criteria as actual legendary Pokémon. Gen 3 was the only Gen to introduce more than one pseudo-legendary. These ‘mons are metagross and salamence. 
309177B6-A896-4213-9D9C-9420577CF7E1.jpeg.e50b7ce8c02609b81198b66a1ce950ba.jpeg

Gen Four: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum; Sinnoh

Come on, even if Gen 4 had a weak line-up too, it was still pretty influential on the franchise. Gen 4, because it was released on the Nintendo DS which had compatible WiFi features, introduced online trading (Global Link System; GLS), which helped kids around the world get Pokémon they didn’t have in their dex originally. Gen 4 also overhauled the battle mechanics entirely and introduced three types of attacks: physical, special, and status attacks. This revolutionized battles entirely. Gen 4 also gave a bunch of unimportant Gen 1-2 (BUT MOSTLY GEN 2) Pokémon special evolutions which ended up being some of the most powerful Pokémon today. This includes Pokémon like togekiss, rhyperior, electivire, mamoswine, honchkrow, weavile, etc. It makes me happy knowing they took some of my favorite Gen 2 Pokémon and made them even better. I also like to call Gen 4 the dreaded FuRrY gEn because it introduced famous furbait Pokémon like lucario and lopunny. It also has iconic HM slave bibarel. Gen 4 also added God Pokémon.
Fun fact! Gen 4 was originally developed so every Pokémon had gender differences. This was ultimately scrapped, but some of these gender differences are still in-game today, like pikachu’s heart tail and wobbuffet’s sexy lips. It can’t be said if this is 100% legit, but it’s very possible. (Male;female)
FC4B1D6E-9664-49B4-BEDD-1C028BC4A3C4.thumb.png.1d18b520d0e8b254babebafbde4d2fff.png

Gen 5-8 in the next post.

• Eek! 1

Oops, forgot. 5-8.

Generation Five: Black/White/Black 2/White 2; Unova

Holy cow, was this Gen negatively received. Like Gen 4, Gen 5 doesn’t add much except for some new pumped up graphics, triple battles, TMs not disappearing after use, and being the only generation to utilize seasons. Unova’s story follows the theme of— actually, let’s be honest. It’s the same hammered message of “ReSpEcT tHe EnViRoNmEnT” and “sToP rApId InDuStRiLiZaTiOn” that appears in bottom-of-the-barrel kids movies all the time. It’s not a bad message, it’s just so ham-fisted into everything it’s put in. It’s so unoriginal! If you beat a kid to death with the same message, it won’t want to listen anymore.
Just another thing to sprinkle on the bat guano cake before I move to the positives; I really do firmly believe this was the Gen that decided to stray to more kid-appealing, kid-friendly, cute designs. Come on, just look at some of these little goblins. You can’t convince me they weren’t meant to be made into merchandise:

9D32EDDA-D0F0-46BC-93DF-4303CC59DAFE.jpeg.a4297056c65f8b8a9e68a5c08b9b5ce1.jpegA98C7ACC-81F1-4C39-ADC6-14F3CD2902D8.thumb.jpeg.46c542c7dd28596e443ed681b076981d.jpeg47AF701B-8B9D-4ED5-9035-257D5967956E.jpeg.0de132f36a9658af09db094eb500b95c.jpeg

It’s sad because I actually think deino is cute. I’ve been ensnared in the marketing scheme. Destruction imminent. 
Now, what are some things I do like about Gen 5?
... You can’t deny deino’s cute. 
Fun Fact! Gen 5 pumped out the most Pokémon out of any Gen, standing at 156 new Pokémon. That’s 5 more than Gen 1 at 151. Unova was inspired by New York City, which is the first generation to be mainly inspired by something else other than Japanese culture.

F34555A3-7E3B-4934-9622-3A7E07466384.png.902fad637347fc44aa78ebe5b5c22850.png

Generation Six: Pokémon X/Y; Kalos

Hooo boy. I’ll REALLY try to keep my biases aside. Gen 6 was the first generation to fully implement 3D graphics, revolutionizing the entire franchise, especially for the generations to come. Gen 6 also introduced sky battles, Pokémon-Amie, and a new type: fairy. Fairy types were originally implemented to balance out dragon and dark types, but also destroy fighting types too. Pokémon-Amie is an improved version of the original friendship system where the player can pet and feed their Pokémon. It also introduced mega-evolutions, which were quickly disposed of in Gen 8 in favor of GMax. I wonder why? (No, seriously. I actually don’t know.)
Similarly to Gen 5, most of the Pokémon were likely made with its plush version in mind. Crank that up 100x and you got Gen 6’s design formula: cute, rounded, appealing to kids, and can be easily made into merchandise. This may sound like cherry-picking, but I’m seriously not wrong. Mega kangaskhan is the perfect example of the generational design divide. It’s almost as if kangaskhan’s child is in a different style completely!

B9A63ED8-0FFD-4959-A94E-5B44ED3941DE.jpeg.e8860490a6bdf38071a89d3410c01a61.jpeg
Gen 6 also had an incredibly weak and forgettable line-up. Who remembers furfrou? No? Umm... honedge? I bet you had to look that one up. Clauncher? I didn’t even know that Pokémon existed until doing this. My point is that Gen 6 is a Gen everyone remembers but also forgets at the same time. I don’t even remember Gen 6, man. At least it has some pretty kick-ass music.

Fun Fact! Pokémon X and Y were the first Nintendo games to be released on the same day on every continent worldwide. Kalos was also inspired after Metropolitan France. I don’t want to say anything more about this game, screw it. 

6C97BB0B-0D1F-450A-BFB4-3A14739A184B.thumb.jpeg.b231142954ebcf75c6563fe9ccac782d.jpeg
Generation Seven: Pokémon Sun/Moon/UltraSun/UltraMoon; Alola

It’s at a state where I both hate it and love it. I’m fond of some Gen 7 Pokémon like incineroar IT’S ONLY BECAUSE I MAIN HIM IN SMASH and... salazzle, I guess? They remind me of Ann Takamaki’s thief costume. I’m really drawing a blank on what to say about Gen 7. Um... I really like the idea of island challenges. I really enjoy the idea of exclusive Z-Moves and regional versions of Pokémon. I hate bruxish. I REALLY hate bruxish. Gen 7 has even more Pokémon that were made specifically with its plush version in mind. Seriously bro, there’s nothing special to say about little ol’ Alola. Send help.
Fun Fact! Alola was inspired after Hawaii, making this the second region to be inspired after some place in America. I really believe this is because Japan has historical ties with Hawaii, buuuut history doesn’t matter to anyone here. Pokémon Sun and Moon was the first Pokémon game to be released in China, too.
31EC37DA-FBC9-4396-9831-1CF565C3CA90.jpeg.5cd76a6798f611603c38269fca50d032.jpeg

I’m not a furry at all, but I really dig buff and fiery Tony the Tiger.

Since this is getting too long, I’ll make one giant post dedicated to Sword and Shield. My back hurts.

• Like 1

Generation Eight: Pokémon Sword/Shield; Galar

To not hurt anyone's feelings, I whited out the entire review. Highlight to see it!

Ah! Welcome to the crypt!
Give me your little thing, ah, ah
Give me your little thing, ah, oh
(Move over here, move over there)

Give me your little thing, oh take
Ahh (your little thing, your little thing)
Ahh (your little thing)
Ahh (your little thing)

Give it to me, give it to me very rich
Let's go here, for the little corner, okay
Give it to me 'cause it's very nice, mommy
Give it to me, give it to me here, give me to take (woo)
I like it how you swings it (woo)
Move that bam bam and scream

Ahh (your little thing)
Ahh (your little thing)

Wow baby
You have me like crazy, my lady
When you move it, you put me crazy
So move that bam bam, baby, okay
Give it to me, give it to me here, give me to take (woo)
I like it how you swings it (woo)
Move that bam bam and scream

Ahh (your little thing)
Ahh (your little thing)

Give me your little thing
A review that perfectly sums up what I said: