Stray Fawn Community

cool animals

Sky

Let me introduce you to this beautiful creature-

The purple frog.

33582838_hqdefault(1).jpg.6cb532f6e3c63b83bf7c0b270eb6fad0.jpg

This species is endangered, and it honestly makes me sad that people are more focused on saving pandas (which arent even that endangered anymore) than the several species of amphibians and reptiles that are on the verge of going extinct.

Look at this thing

female-purple-frog.thumb.jpg.8416d5bb833272d7bc4b1e96e426879c.jpg

its cute dammit

and i want one

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Clover said:

The purple frog.

This species is endangered, and it honestly makes me sad that people are more focused on saving pandas (which arent even that endangered anymore) than the several species of amphibians and reptiles that are on the verge of going extinct.

Look at this thing

its cute dammit

and i want one

I found them in a video that says a bunch of mean stuff about them like how nobody would ever love them

but thats completely not true

because i love them

• Sad 1

On 4/25/2020 at 2:13 PM, Sky said:

the viscacha. not closely related to the rabbit, but close to chinchillas

8RLb7f8GoZZ7X4J79oBC141La9XEtnXBz1iS9RPJ3FFg5xkWp9E268v8OWw4uAoOv9KQ6Cg1JEafrHFdBdZgJCBoMRthTStTmofM50b9Sco5CPGdcUIM_3ACG6hS-0lwgxsb9yfq

Southern viscacha (Lagidium viscacia) The southern viscacha is a ...

it's big chunges, BIG CHUNGES CONFIRMED!

• Eek! 1

3 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

pika-chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

Actually, pikas and pikachu aren't related! Pikachu's name comes from two Japanese onomatopoeia words, pikapika, which is sparkling, and chuchu, which is squeaking

i'm sorry

• Paw up 1

On 4/26/2020 at 2:14 AM, Goggles-kun said:

Here’s a fun, slightly NSFW fact about female hyenas!

They actually have... how do I put this in a kid-friendly way? Female hyenas have penile-clitorises, which is a pseudo pp that acts very similarly to a male hyena’s pp. Do I know why they exist? No. Do I know why female hyenas give birth through them too? No. But they exist, making female hyenas the unofficial trans girl pride animals! :) 

Aren't female hyenas born with "those parts" to exert dominance? And, much like an umbilical cord, it drys out and falls off at a certain age? 😅 Or am I completely wrong?

3 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

With the logic in that article, you should never buy ANY pet. Some people are more responsible than others, and actually prepare their lives for animals like sugar gliders.

Also, Peta isnt exactly the most reliable sorce (good job me, i forgot how to spell it) of information anyway. They have done some VERY questionable stuff. 

It is true that most animals from pet stores come from mills, but its almost inevitable for someone with pets to not support them indirectly. Even if you're not buying an animal, just food for your dog or something, most of it goes back to animal mills. It most cases, pet stores are the only place you can buy stuff for pets like rodents, reptiles, fish etc. 

If you have pets, you're going to be giving these animal mills money, unless you buy your pet food online (which is a terrible idea, considering unless its something like a snake or tarantula, you're going to be waiting several days for it while your pet gets hungry)

• Like 2
  • Paw up 3

1 hour ago, Clover said:

With the logic in that article, you should never buy ANY pet. Some people are more responsible than others, and actually prepare their lives for animals like sugar gliders.

Also, Peta isnt exactly the most reliable sorce (good job me, i forgot how to spell it) of information anyway. They have done some VERY questionable stuff. 

It is true that most animals from pet stores come from mills, but its almost inevitable for someone with pets to not support them indirectly. Even if you're not buying an animal, just food for your dog or something, most of it goes back to animal mills. It most cases, pet stores are the only place you can buy stuff for pets like rodents, reptiles, fish etc. 

If you have pets, you're going to be giving these animal mills money, unless you buy your pet food online (which is a terrible idea, considering unless its something like a snake or tarantula, you're going to be waiting several days for it while your pet gets hungry)

ok, just a random website that I know nothing about.

5 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

Don’t trust PeTA. Here’s one picture that explains why

44FB2CA8-3AE8-4CFB-A0CC-58777E4D9666.jpeg.44226981d06888a69787540a3900ef5b.jpeg

ok peta is an idiot sandwich. they are bad lier's they're not even good at lieing(how do you spell lieing?)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clover said:

The purple frog.

Look at this thing

its cute dammit

and i want one

Hmm... I like this frog. Let's see what the Finnish name is so I can tell my friends about it...

"Sahyadrinnokkasammakko"

I think I'll stick to "purple frog" for now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monkey Mooses said:

Arabian sand boa

This derpy looking snake is causing a ruckus on the internetArabian sand boa - Album on Imgurimage.jpeg.add2e7787933b28d689bea6ef9adbc53.jpegThe Arabian Sand Boa Looks Like A Child's Attempt To Draw A Snake ...

Uhm...

Trying not to think those are just really details googly eyes.

Sneks are majestic, but this snek is a whole different version of it. Oh dear. Oh gosh. Hecc.

• Like 1