Stray Fawn Community

i rate pokemon

Goggles-kun

Flygon, best pokemon, change my mind 

(dont actually change my mind, i love my Flygon very much. Her name is Laffy Taffy)

Also, Stunfisk while you're at it, second best pokemon

Just now, Clover said:

Flygon, best pokemon, change my mind 

(dont actually change my mind, i love my Flygon very much. Her name is Laffy Taffy)

Also, Stunfisk while you're at it, second best pokemon

Oop, and Glaceon

Stunfisk is third favorite, Glaceon is second, Flygon is first

1 minute ago, Clover said:

Oop, and Glaceon

For me

It's

Eevee

Fennekin(I have a problem with making my fennekin in Y OP)

And then Snivy

• Paw up 1

14 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

Eevee or Fennekin

Eevee is a very adorable Pokémon, but the only reason most people catch an eevee  is to evolve it. Are its evolutions cool? Yes. Is eevee otherwise useless? Yes. Is eevee still cute? Yes. 6.5/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: saying eevee/pikachu is your favorite Pokémon is like saying pizza is your favorite food. You’re not wrong, just boring.

FFDBEBED-BD43-46BB-8A5D-60181709653A.png.0d3689cd733b8f6f0444502a830fe737.png

(I’ll try to keep my biases aside) Fennekin is also a very cute Pokémon, but unfortunately like other fire starters, its line was most likely made to appeal to Pokémon’s ever-growing furry fandom. (From Gen 5-8, this made very apparent.) Otherwise fennekin doesn’t really serve much as any other Pokémon you only get just to evolve to delphox. 5/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: boo! I can defeat a delphox any day with my greninja!... but a chesnaught can beat greninja any day too... but a delphox can also beat a chesnaught any day too...

EE983856-948D-4367-9FCA-4411A2D2E070.thumb.jpeg.31090c771ac2fc40f4af688fac88da00.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HotCoco278 said:

Garbador (don't judge me lol)

We don’t judge you for liking a Pokémon, we only judge the Pokémon you like. :)

I like to think that garbodor is more of a commentary on the city Unova was inspired after (New York City). If one of the Pokémon made to represent New York City is a giant pile of trash, that’s a bit of a warning. I don’t like to rat out designs, but I don’t believe garbodor is uninspired either. Quite charming, actually. 6/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: I probably would never have a garbodor on my team. If it were shiny, I probably would have one on my team, but garbodor being a singular poison type doesn’t do it justice.

B9B977FF-E33E-4C64-9AC4-28CF17D88E30.png.c863b314c2d69e27f7c81eaa744b9d87.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clover said:

Oop, and Glaceon

I’ll start from stunfisk up.

Stunfisk, like a lot of Gen 5 Pokémon, is another generic filler Pokémon that only got an even more forgettable regional variant in Gen 8. The concept of stunfisk’s typing is pretty interesting, though. Why ground and electric? Was stunfisk’s purpose to fit a niche typing roll just like ferroseed? We may never know. 3/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: I’ve only seen one stunfisk in any battle before. It was so weird. It’s like putting a togepi in battle and expecting it to actually win.
4339DAE2-9E49-468B-B6C5-E53618530B03.jpeg.9ec5760da5d74973849f028605c0112d.jpeg

Glaceon, being a pure ice-type, is limited to only a couple of moves that are very specific to its typing, unlike the aforementioned stunfisk which is opened to more moves because of its niche typing. Glaceon is at a state where it’s not a very useful Pokémon but not a bad Pokémon, either. I wouldn’t actually be surprised if people liked glaceon because it was an eeveelution or because of its design. 5/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: I feel like my theory that people only like glaceon because of its design is true. When I googled pictures for them, some of the first results for glaceon was Pokémon vore. Oops

794D45C3-0B02-46BC-BFE8-D1F0B56D0FB3.jpeg.47a1a478d08c664a5f069198ad3ca815.jpeg

Flygon is a very unique Pokémon— not because of its oddular typing, but because of its history. One of the main heads at GameFreak actually really liked flygon and wanted a mega evolution for it, but it unfortunately never got one because either the art team was going through artist’s block or a mega evolution design was scrapped. Anyway, flygon is a very good Pokémon to have on your team because it is also a dragon type. Combining an OP dragon move with the move sand tomb would surely rock the other team to bits! 8/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: hey, make that glaceon useful for something! Flygons take 256% damage against ice moves. Also, I chose a beautiful drawing instead of the Sugimori artwork because I wanted to and can

248BFBAF-5922-47F7-87F3-D4F7111FD550.thumb.png.526db449b8e5df73d1e7ca2eb20e1e03.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I’ll start from stunfisk up.

Stunfisk, like a lot of Gen 5 Pokémon, is another generic filler Pokémon that only got an even more forgettable regional variant in Gen 8. The concept of stunfisk’s typing is pretty interesting, though. Why ground and electric? Was stunfisk’s purpose to fit a niche typing roll just like ferroseed? We may never know. 3/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: I’ve only seen one stunfisk in any battle before. It was so weird. It’s like putting a togepi in battle and expecting it to actually win.
4339DAE2-9E49-468B-B6C5-E53618530B03.jpeg.9ec5760da5d74973849f028605c0112d.jpeg

Glaceon, being a pure ice-type, is limited to only a couple of moves that are very specific to its typing, unlike the aforementioned stunfisk which is opened to more moves because of its niche typing. Glaceon is at a state where it’s not a very useful Pokémon but not a bad Pokémon, either. I wouldn’t actually be surprised if people liked glaceon because it was an eeveelution or because of its design. 5/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: I feel like my theory that people only like glaceon because of its design is true. When I googled pictures for them, some of the first results for glaceon was Pokémon vore. Oops

794D45C3-0B02-46BC-BFE8-D1F0B56D0FB3.jpeg.47a1a478d08c664a5f069198ad3ca815.jpeg

Flygon is a very unique Pokémon— not because of its oddular typing, but because of its history. One of the main heads at GameFreak actually really liked flygon and wanted a mega evolution for it, but it unfortunately never got one because either the art team was going through artist’s block or a mega evolution design was scrapped. Anyway, flygon is a very good Pokémon to have on your team because it is also a dragon type. Combining an OP dragon move with the move sand tomb would surely rock the other team to bits! 8/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: hey, make that glaceon useful for something! Flygons take 256% damage against ice moves. Also, I chose a beautiful drawing instead of the Sugimori artwork because I wanted to and can

248BFBAF-5922-47F7-87F3-D4F7111FD550.thumb.png.526db449b8e5df73d1e7ca2eb20e1e03.png

I think all of this is fine, but i feel like leaving my reasons:

Stunfisk: Its stupid. Thats it. I love it for the same reason the blobfish is my favorite animal: it looks really stupid :')

Glaceon: Glaceon was the first pokemon i saw besides Pikachu, and i was immediately like 'GIVE IT TO ME', my first game was Diamond, and i spent 5 hours trying to get one, when i got it i named him Frosty. Frosty was a good boy, and i transferred him to all my games every chance i got, I actually still have him in my Sun game, but im not sure if Glaceon is in the Galarian dex and im scared

Flygon: I found a shiny Trapinch once, and me, still being young, was like 'wtf is this thing?' i caught it, and named it laffy taffy (all lowercase, I was a babie) because i loved those things. I had no idea what a Flygon was, and i just fell in love the instant she evolved. I also still have her in my Sun game

at this point im just waiting for quarantine to be over so I can get Sword, but i absolutely refuse to play it if Flygon and Glaceon arent in the Galarian dex, because im too attatched :')

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clover said:

I think all of this is fine, but i feel like leaving my reasons:

Stunfisk: Its stupid. Thats it. I love it for the same reason the blobfish is my favorite animal: it looks really stupid :')

Glaceon: Glaceon was the first pokemon i saw besides Pikachu, and i was immediately like 'GIVE IT TO ME', my first game was Diamond, and i spent 5 hours trying to get one, when i got it i named him Frosty. Frosty was a good boy, and i transferred him to all my games every chance i got, I actually still have him in my Sun game, but im not sure if Glaceon is in the Galarian dex and im scared

Flygon: I found a shiny Trapinch once, and me, still being young, was like 'wtf is this thing?' i caught it, and named it laffy taffy (all lowercase, I was a babie) because i loved those things. I had no idea what a Flygon was, and i just fell in love the instant she evolved. I also still have her in my Sun game

at this point im just waiting for quarantine to be over so I can get Sword, but i absolutely refuse to play it if Flygon and Glaceon arent in the Galarian dex, because im too attatched :')

Stunfisk, glaceon, and flygon are in the galarian dex! (People would 100% riot of they cut out the eeveelutions)

(also the eeveelutions are GameFreak’s secondary/tertiary money guzzlers next to pikachu and charizard)

1 minute ago, Goggles-kun said:

Stunfisk, glaceon, and flygon are in the galarian dex! (People would 100% riot of they cut out the eeveelutions)

OH THANK GOD

I CAN BRING MY KIDS WITH ME

I also have a Stunfisk named 'Frenchcake' (dont ask), so might as well bring him along and get him a gf or something (isnt there a Galarian Stunfisk? beautiful)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clover said:

OH THANK GOD

I CAN BRING MY KIDS WITH ME

I also have a Stunfisk named 'Frenchcake' (dont ask), so might as well bring him along and get him a gf or something (isnt there a Galarian Stunfisk? beautiful)

Yeah. Galarian stunfisks look like bear traps!

However if you want to move Pokémon to Sw/Sh you have to have them on Sun/Moon or Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee and have Pokémon Home. I know they’re adding compatibility to Pokémon Go and Pokémon X/Y soon. 

• Like 1

Corviknight Sirfetche’d. Rate my knighty birds.

also Yamper. 
And Inteleon.

Snom maybe? (Not my favorite. Just want you to judge.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

also Yamper. 
And Inteleon.

Aether, jeez you love Galar.

6 minutes ago, HotCoco278 said:

Aether, jeez you love Galar.

Well, it’s the only Pokémon game I’ve been able to play. My brother played black/white (can’t remember which.) but I never really did. I got white 2 like a few years ago and tried to play it, software issues came up. (As in: DS won’t work.)

I got the switch for chistmas and used money I got from Christmas to buy pkmn Sword. 

but yes, most of my favorite non-legendaries are from Galar. I do have favs from other regions but I just really like the knight birdos and I caught every Yamper is saw cause I didn’t want to leave stray Yamp Yamps out there.

(My favorite legendaries still stands the Tao trio. And probs will be for a long time.)

Edit: Why did i write an essay? A life story? A autobiography? Idk. Sorry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Well, it’s the only Pokémon game I’ve been able to play. My brother played black/white (can’t remember which.) but I never really did. I got white 2 like a few years ago and tried to play it, software issues came up. (As in: DS won’t work.)

I got the switch for chistmas and used money I got from Christmas to buy pkmn Sword. 

but yes, most of my favorite non-legendaries are from Galar. I do have favs from other regions but I just really like the knight birdos and I caught every Yamper is saw cause I didn’t want to leave stray Yamp Yamps out there.

(My favorite legendaries still stands the Tao trio. And probs will be for a long time.)

I played a nuzelocke and I got yamper. I failed, and it I was so sad for a while. Also I got a chincinno and I sneaked a play during second hour. My teacher had to ask me what was wrong when it died that session lol.

Just now, HotCoco278 said:

SoulSilver was the ferset game I played. I LOVE Totodile. He's so cute, and so useful!

Gonna add “ferset” to the dictionary, cap’n.

I just have a soft spot for every Johto pokemon

33 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

also Yamper. 
And Inteleon.

Oh boy! I can do four...

Corviknight is one of the best Gen 8 Pokémon in general, period. It provides a wonderful base defense and hp stat that’ll place nicely on your team and can learn brave bird, which is a fantastic flying move. Interestingly enough, even though it’s a steel type, it doesn’t learn a lot of steel moves. (At least it can learn flash cannon!) Definitely a must on a Sw/Sh team. 7.5/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: phah. Skarmory has a better base defense... it’s only better than corviknight in defense... I should really get out of my Johto-loving echo chamber sometime soon.

2E85C6B0-2DB6-400F-B8CA-A887983B1696.thumb.png.0eb5da03ccf43eb887c284546ed3c6ca.png

Sirfetch’d is corviknight’s Calvary cousin that assists him in battles. A corviknight could easy beat a sirfetch’d in battle, but at least he would die nobly. Personally I’ve never been able to get a sirfetch’d, but its base fighting stat looks really fantastic. Have a sirfetch’d on your team to assist your corviknight if you want! 6/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: CELERY STICK SWORD

69E2B5A9-2907-4467-AA63-F6E30BF7E768.jpeg.dd981abc06a0dd2298645fdb4684b78c.jpeg

Yamper is somewhat in the same limbo as eevee; it’s very adorable, yet people wouldn’t actually want to have them on their team unless they wanted a boltund. Are they cute? Absolutely. Are they particularly useful in the long run? Unless you’re crazy and do stuff like beating Sw/Sh only using snorlaxes that know metronome, ...maybe? It also harbors a horrendous speed amongst other things. 4/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: every generation has a Pokémon that tries to be the new pikachu. I’m not talking about the copied and pasted electric mice Pokémon, I’m talking about the non-mice electric Pokémon. It’s like Pokémon like mareep, electrike, shinx, blitzle, etc.

A2E0F4AB-D00E-46C7-B727-657CC58870AD.jpeg.309d54489bac72f4495824f3aabd16c6.jpeg

Inteleon really is such a strange Pokémon. Its base speed and sp. attack stats obviously are trying to mimic water frog charizard (greninja? Is that its name?) but... it almost feels uncanny. Inteleon’s lanky design doesn’t really match up well to the Pokémon it’s trying to intimidate, but in the end, it’s just weird. If you want speed, inteleon is the better choice among rillaboom and cinderace, but debatably not the best. 6.2/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: it looks like someone’s rat fursona that will slide into your dms about the issues about today’s capitalistic world. On a brighter note, it’s inspired after James Bond!

EE973779-54F3-4275-961C-29B2B015A48B.thumb.png.a904fd4a5f47a6f2993d252ee97ece69.png
I won’t do snom.

• Eek! 1

10 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

Plusle and Minun

Idk why

So... Hoenn pikachus. Got it. I’m going to group them together because they are basically the same Pokémon.

Plusle and minun, like the other one-stage evolution pikachu clones, really don’t serve much purpose aside from being pikachu clones. Theoretically, you could have a plusle or minun on your team without much thought, but having a plusle or minun on your team is like having exclusively baby Pokémon on your team and expecting that they’d actually beat Cynthia’s garchomp. They’re filler Pokémon that get the luxury of being pikachu clones. 3/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: I don’t consider pichu to be a pikachu clone because it’s pre-stage evolution to pikachu, but pichu really did spawn a lot of awful clones in the meanwhile. Plusle and minun, while a cute idea, is better left as something else.

AEA0B100-D213-4C60-91CB-96AEFD9F3E3B.thumb.png.1acc5fe7d384e56d4bd9888eb35d3c63.png

• Like 1