Stray Fawn Community

A rant about rain (I love it)

TheCrazyDragonLady

I love rain so much. Its like my automatic calm button whenever it starts raining. Be I anxious, sad, angry, or any kind of negative emotion, the sound and smell of rain helps me calm down and relax. Its comforting too. And its such an ethereal feeling when your camping or somewhere nature-y and it starts raining. Raindrops hanging on the ends of pine needles, everything is wet and sparkly. Seeing birds roosting all cosy under the layered branches of huge pine trees. How fresh and light the air is.

One of my core memories of where I am living right now is waking up in the middle of the night to a really strong thunderstorm. I went upstairs and sat in front of the front windows to watch. It was so quiet and the only thing I could hear was the rain pattering against the house and the road, and the occasional thunder. MMH AND THE LIGHTING. LIKE DANG, I was so annoyed the camera on my phone couldn't pick it up xD

I might like rain too much haha xD

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

rain + moosic = happy me.
rain + thunder = panicking me.
rain + panicking me = slightly calmer me.
rain + moosic + panicking me = slightly more than slightly calmer me.
rain = happy me.

• Like 1

I like rain. But like smol drizzle not big storm boom boom lightning. I am deathly scared of thunder and high winds but I’m all in for a drizzly pine forest.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

21 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

I like rain. But like smol drizzle not big storm boom boom lightning. I am deathly scared of thunder and high winds but I’m all in for a drizzly pine forest.

Yeah, same here. I like it as long as I and the rest of my family are in the house. If someones driving in a thunderstorm it stresses me out.

Also, calm soft rain while on a boat on a lake is very nice as well :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAlbinoNightfury said:

Yeah, same here. I like it as long as I and the rest of my family are in the house. If someones driving in a thunderstorm it stresses me out.

Also, calm soft rain while on a boat on a lake is very nice as well :D

Kayaking in general is relaxing. But yeah, I wonder how it feels when it’s just drip drip.

3 hours ago, TheAlbinoNightfury said:

If someones driving in a thunderstorm it stresses me out.

A car is one of the safest places to be during a thunderstorm. It's low to the ground and the tires don't channel lightning to the ground (at least I think this is why it's safe, I'm not completedly sure, all I've been told is that lightnings almost never hit cars)

3 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

A car is one of the safest places to be during a thunderstorm. It's low to the ground and the tires don't channel lightning to the ground (at least I think this is why it's safe, I'm not completedly sure, all I've been told is that lightnings almost never hit cars)

Thanks :) Its not usually the lightning I worry about though. Where we live we sometimes need to go to the next town or city over to get groceries (Mmmh costco), and there are a lot of dumb people on the highways so I worry about car crashes most of the time. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 1:13 AM, Lilytuft said:

Cars are like made to take lightning. Still pretty scary :^ airplanes too. Their like lightning rods when struck (cars don’t attract lightning, airplanes do I believe.) but nothing really happens other than big boom and big flash when they’re struck. Airplanes like, don’t even react. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 3:22 AM, Aetherstonks said:

Cars are like made to take lightning. Still pretty scary :^ airplanes too. Their like lightning rods when struck (cars don’t attract lightning, airplanes do I believe.) but nothing really happens other than big boom and big flash when they’re struck. Airplanes like, don’t even react. 

*Thunderstorm used lightning attack*

*Plane was hit*

*The attack was ineffective* 

xD