Stray Fawn Community

Mane types​ 🦁

Lilytuft

It would be cool if there were different types of manes. Think of a nicheling with the mane of a lion! Here are my ideas:

5af9abdd488c9_Manetypes.png.acc883c65323a5115ffc4586b206ab44.png

Small mane: Just few tufts of hair on the head

+1 attractiveness

Medium mane: The current mane

+1 cold resistance

Big mane: The mane of a lion

+2 cold resistance

-1 heat resistance

+2 attractiveness

Tuft mane: Like medium mane exept this comes with ear tufts and if you have medium tail, it gets a tail-tip-tuft and double effect. Females display eartufts (and tail tip) they also get effects.

+1 hearing

Double effect for medium tail

+ attractiveness

Dominance order:

Medium mane > Small mane > Big mane > Tuft mane

Edit: 23rd of February 2020

Updated artwork!

For comparison, no mane (so basically females with any mane type other than tuft-)

1832814822_manes1.png.91c01d4cbaac47ce97093efb9eef3168.png

Small/short mane:

1314191065_manes2.png.b7e1fc366c6a1faefef3aedf0e9f8106.png

Medium mane:

1738590532_manes3.png.8981c74787351029bedbdd08a81d2ffb.png

Big/lion mane:

1689084920_manes4.png.48b42a635c7bf9d846e4a8434dc46ab7.png

Tuft mane:

(male:)                                                                                                                               (female:)

642480181_manes5.png.e138a5eab65467255367c9f42f0ba48f.png1281212268_manes6.png.0b9164c5c884c46cac6bc73c80f98a14.pngmanes.thumb.png.debede44fc10d59863786ddbea955480.png

• Like 25
  • Paw up 2
  • Love 13

11 hours ago, Dinocanid said:

@cinnacat

Fishing tail with a tuft, since I think medium tails have too much fur on them for it to look right.

I think it would be good if there was just a long tail with short hair (+1 heat resistance). The tuft is part of the mane gene and it would appear on long tail, giving it cold resistance

On 5/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, DangerousDodo said:

Just a little idea here, but maybe more vibrant, exotic manes could contribute to a male's attractiveness, just like the peacock tails currently do?

I like the idea, but how would that be implemented unless manes let you call to attract wild animals too?

19 hours ago, Dingorok said:

I like the idea, but how would that be implemented unless manes let you call to attract wild animals too?

Anyone can call for wild animals on a tree stump. Attractiveness works differently

On 5/15/2018 at 12:07 AM, cinnacat said:

@Lilytuft hmm.. maybe if there was a gene for tail tuft colors, if it was a specific color fish would see it as food, because when fur is wet it's of course not going to be so fluffy anymore
or well, tail tuft maybe isn't always on fishing tail and there's a gene for no tail tuft or some tail fluff
if the person playing is going more for looks, they can breed the tail tuft in, but if they're not and is just going for fishing they can breed it out
usually when i get fishing tail im not actually trying to get it, i mostly try to breed it out actually. and maybe the tail tuft on the fishing tail makes the fishing tail give only +1 fishing, and +1 attractiveness?

with flowing hair everywhere, the tail tuft would look like nymph fishing lure, which does attract fish

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 11:03 PM, Dinocanid said:

@cinnacat
I think the tail tuft should be it's own thing instead of an add-on for the fishing tail; maybe call it "tuft tail" or something. Since it's based on a lion, perhaps the only buff could be heat resistance.

Tails with tufts like the lion's are actually used to keep flies away from what I've read, so instead of heat resistance it would probably keep the fly swarms on swamp islands at bay

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

Tails with tufts like the lion's are actually used to keep flies away from what I've read, so instead of heat resistance it would probably keep the fly swarms on swamp islands at bay

horses and cattle, too.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
4 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Bláth Sneachta 
Currently there won't be anymore updates:

That means I won’t get my friendly bearyena on the family tree... ;^;

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Philo said:

Jup at least for now ^^
We can't change much in the game while its being ported.

That’s tru, otherwise it would cause lots of stress trying to keep it up to date..

The two suggestions that have more votes than this have practically already been added:Eek:

So this is now the most voted suggestion that's not in the game yet

Wow.:Derp:

• Eek! 1

On 11/13/2019 at 12:03 AM, Mulan the Cat said:

Tuft mane: (I'm thinking Lynx or Bobcat here)

+1 hearing (includes females)

That acctually makes so much more sense, I'm just gonna edit it in there

On 11/24/2019 at 12:40 PM, Bad fawn said:

The two suggestions that have more votes than this have practically already been added:Eek:

So this is now the most voted suggestion that's not in the game yet

Wow.:Derp:

I'm surprised we have 159 people on the forums (I know most of them probably made an account, visited a few times and never came back, but still) :Eek:

• Eek! 1