Stray Fawn Community

How many possible Nichelings are there?

MАTTRESS

ehhh i just learnt how to calculate stuff like this in math class so ye

If we counted all the possible active gene combinations, then there would be a possiblity of 3.020774832 x10^20 possible nichelings (if i did the calculations correct). There would be way more possibilities if we counted the recessive genes too, but i'm too lazy to calculate that. Someone else can give it a go if they want to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilytuft said:

Did you also count all the possible spot patterns? 😄

you mean all the pattern densities and thicknesses, or all the randomly generated spot patterns? Because then I wouldn't know, because I don't know how many possible spot patterns there are since they're random lol 

probably a lot though

would you count recessive genes and genotype? like if there were two identical nichelings, but one had recessive peacock tail, and the other had recessive whale tail. Other than that they were completely identical. Or would it just be phenotype (I count genotype but it's gonna be a much bigger number). Also does the Y chromosome count? If it does it will double the number, i think

14 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Too many possible gene and pattern combinations. 13,000 is just scraping the bare minimum.

ya I did some math I've realized that by multiplying only the number of possible heads (14) by the number of possible bodies (8) u get 112. times that by itself (for the recessive genes) and u get 12,544. So it's probably up there in the hundred millions.