Stray Fawn Community

Collected Resources In Drone Aren't Kept on Return to Mothership

Dave Killion

Hey folks,

I would call this a bug, as it's not expected behavior from an in-game experience.

I'm running version 1.07.

If I collect resources with a drone, and then "Return to the Nimbatus" with that drone, the resources collected by the drone are NOT added to my inventory.  I don't know how many hundreds of resources I've lost before realizing this.

This really is game-impacting.  If my drone returns to the mothership... I should get my collected resources.

Please fix this ASAP!

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1

5 replies to this post

7 hours ago, Markus said:

I see what you mean. It's bad wording from our side and might give a false impression of what is happening under the hood.

The gameplay mechanic is that only resources that you bring yourself to the container count as collected, that is something we don't like to change. So if that behavior is not clear, we have to improve the wording for "Return to Nimbatus".

Would "Return to Hangar" (which we have in the pause menu) be more clear? Or would something like "Exit Mission" be more clear?

Since this is an intended behavior, I hope you don't mind if I move this topic to "suggestions and feature requests", as this helps us to organize things a bit better :) Thank you for posting and helping!

I also found it odd that my collected resources had to be dropped off before ending the mission for them to count, with the current wording.  Maybe a wording along the lines of "Disconnect Drone" would work to explain how the game functions.  I think this kind of wording would convey to people that they are leaving whatever they have on their current drone behind.

I understand that I bring resources back to the floating collection container to offload - I've done that plenty.

What I mean is, if I press "Return to Nimbatus" at the end of the mission, then I'd expect my drone to be returned and its contents unloaded.

Instead, it seems my FOCUS is returned to the Nimbatus, but the drone is abandoned wherever it is, and any contents it had in its storage holds are lost.  

This is not at all obvious - I thought everything was "returning" - including the contents of my drone's storage holds.

Now that I've gotten the Factory Block, I could see how auto-emptying unreturned drones could be exploited - just make an army of drones, spam the planet, and then "Return" and you'd collect all their contents.

I guess it should be made more clear that drone contents are NOT retained when you "Return".

• Like 1

I see what you mean. It's bad wording from our side and might give a false impression of what is happening under the hood.

The gameplay mechanic is that only resources that you bring yourself to the container count as collected, that is something we don't like to change. So if that behavior is not clear, we have to improve the wording for "Return to Nimbatus".

Would "Return to Hangar" (which we have in the pause menu) be more clear? Or would something like "Exit Mission" be more clear?

Since this is an intended behavior, I hope you don't mind if I move this topic to "suggestions and feature requests", as this helps us to organize things a bit better :) Thank you for posting and helping!

9 hours ago, Markus said:

Maybe it would be nice to introduce a conditional confirmation overlay that triggers only when player attempts to "Return to Nimbatus" but his drone is still transporting resources. Something like this:

"All undelivered resources in your drone will be lost. Are you sure?"

• Paw up 3