Stray Fawn Community

Stuck in whale island loop

crisw

I'm having a hard time getting off of the whale island. When I get to the north port, I get to choose an island. I've chosen Peaceful Meadow and Archipelago so far. Going right from Peaceful Meadow got me back to Whale Island. Going through Archipelago got me to a swamp island (no north port) and right got me back on Whale Island again. How do I get out of this loop?

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting @crisw
How it works:
There is a small chance (about10%) that whale island is your right port.
Whenever you enter a new island that isn't Whale Island, this chance is sighlty increased.
If you enter Whale Island and travel away from there, the chance goes back to about 10%.
It sound to me like your game picked Whale Island often by random chance.

Do you have a suggestion how this should be improved?

Would it be possible to make a setting for it so that it can't pick Whale Island for X amount of islands? Like, if you've been to Whale Island, it can't generate Whale Island as an option until you've travelled three more times. That way you might be able to go up to a harder tier of islands, so that even if you end up back on Whale Island, when you leave you can pick from the next tier up.

I also feel like you might want to disable it when you get to Hard islands, because you can get a Whale Island from a hard swamp island (like I did) and go straight to Crossing Island. I skipped over the Long Winter entirely and it confused the hell out of the tutorial, it didn't give me a pop up for Crossing Island.

• Like 1