Stray Fawn Community

Temperature testing area in the test flight

TotalBlazing

I do remember covering this briefly in the discord, but I figure I'll put it here so people can vote on it. 

Add a temperature testing area, in its own tab. Like the planetary sim and the racecourse. This zone will feature a temperature slider to adjust the local ambient temperature of the testing area in the UI. This slider will be able to vary the temperature between -100 and +100, and there is a text box for precisely editing the number outside those ranges. 

Feel free to take and change this suggestion so it better suits the game, and add any criticism to the comments

3 replies to this post

1 hour ago, chivalricmender said:

Ambient temperature would mean everything is heated up! Instead I think toggled heat structures like the volcanoes and ice crystals should be in the menu with enemies, gravity, and air resistance!

Agreed. When I first encountered a hold location I had no idea how to handle the scenario and waste a good bit of resources going to the planet, failing, making minor adjustments, going back, failing, repeat.

I would really like to test things like getting near hot/cold zones and moving hot/cold objects. Dragging a frozen crate around is hard to plan for if you've never done it before.

I'm also not sure how to read the temperature sensors yet since I have no guage, which just adds to the failed attempts and wasted resources.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1