Stray Fawn Community

Ability to attach more than one supporting beam to a part

AX0L0T

I think that the current drone building system is lacking, and needs to have the ability to make stronger drones... if you could connect one part to 2 or more other parts you could make stronger drones, and I think it would give the drone creator a lot more opportunity

2 replies to this post

On 5/21/2020 at 9:44 PM, Mysterious Oligay said:

Spring can do this job. If you use it well, you can connect parts easily and make it strong enough.

Yeah, there are a few tricks you can use to partially work around the limitation, but it really does seem silly that you can't make general components placed right next to each other stick together.  I get that the drone editor is built around the assumption that each block has a parent in the tree, but even if that assumption is necessary, it seems there could still be an option to create connections that don't imply ancestry, and worst case scenario there could just be a toggle or something to make components "sticky" where they automatically bond to adjacent components, either on a per-component basis or as a global toggle like "tags".