Stray Fawn Community

Logic gates not useing letters and keys, but instead useing actual connections.

ZenHam

It is annoying to me and I'm sure to many others also, that logic gates are based on key inputs. i think it would be a great boost to automation and ease of use in the game if they were instead based on connections. i think adding a new screen in the building menu that lets you see and edit all the logic connections would be very useful. even if the keyboard inputs were still used, a screen to edit and see what each logic gate is connected to would be great. thank you for reading.

• Paw up 1

4 replies to this post

While it does seem that just enabling tags and using those would solve your problem (top left corner when in building mode), a whole new window to show what tags are inputs and outputs and where the tags are used will be amazing. I've tried to make complex machines and just giving up near the end since by the time I've finished a section of the code, I've forgotten what all the other tags meant

On 5/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, Mulakulu said:

While it does seem that just enabling tags and using those would solve your problem (top left corner when in building mode), a whole new window to show what tags are inputs and outputs and where the tags are used will be amazing. I've tried to make complex machines and just giving up near the end since by the time I've finished a section of the code, I've forgotten what all the other tags meant

you have to use abbreviations that tell exactly what it is so you wont forget

like if   you have a tag on your main drone's, directional sensor, pointing to gravity, tilted left, and its a signal that goes into another gate instead of directly to something     then the tag could be

m ds grav L sig

or just use the programmable leds and then write your labels for the logic sections starting with something like    |   since you have 3 tag lines on those

but i agree we need tag/key binding window