Stray Fawn Community

Warrior Cats opinions

Echomist

I think Darkstar was right by not inviting Mapleshade into Riverclan. A leader must put their clan before anything else. Mapleshade was useless to Riverclan and Thunderclan would be mad if they found out that their enemy took in an exciled cat.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

here wo go:

Scourge sucks. Bad

Mapleshade was not in the right? i dont know why people think that she was? she killed people, like-what? her kits died-well okay, go talk to the MANY other cats who's kits died and they still stayed good cats: Ferncloud, Nightwing, Nightcloud (ish?), Squirrelflight, Fernshade, Yellowfang, Tallpoppy, and many others cats 

her mate lied to her and she got rejected, okay, and?: Thrushpelt, Stormfur, Reedwhisker, etc-all cats who were rejected by someone they liked/loved, but they never went insane and killed anyone. Thrushpelt is the best boy, he would never kill anyone

basically: Mapleshade sucks and she was NOT in the right, she did make an interesting villain (mainly in Crookedstar's Promise) but the cats she killed didnt deserve it (except for Appledusk, god, i hate Appledusk)

Blackstar is my favorite character next to Sandstorm and Brightheart, i just-really like him, and honestly, Tigerstar II and Rowanstar are doing a real crappy job at keeping Shadowclan together, if you're going to resurrect anyone (why Tigerstar II? just, why?) do it with Blackstar, he knew how to keep his clanmates in line

Crookedstar's Promise and Moth Flight's Vision are my favorite books, mainly because Moth Flight and Crookedstar are just good characters, but there are a lot of other reasons too.

These books delved quite a bit into not being accepted, even by the one's you love. How you just cant seem to make yourself fit in, and everyone views you as useless or a burden all because of something you cant control. I also related a lot to their struggles with their mothers (Windstar and Rainflower), as my mother was also VERY harsh and unforgiving growing up. My experiences and the ones in these books felt eerily familiar. I read Moth Flight's Vision when i was 13, and the fact that Windstar started to treat her daughter better and admit her flaws gave me a lot of hope that my life could turn the same way. Rainflower, on the other hand, gave me a similiar burning hatred that i do for a lot of characters. I was mentally berating her every chapter for treating Crookedstar the way she did, and i sympathized with him so much. When she died, i expected myself to be relieved, but instead i was right along with Crookedpaw. The way that Rainflower so similiarily acted like my mother made me realize that i didnt hate her. Her dying hit me like a truck, along with the realization that i still loved my mother, despite all that she did to me. I felt just like Crookedpaw. I love Crookedstar, honestly :')

I also related to Moth Flight quite a bit, mostly because of how everyone viewed her as useless. I had a lot of trouble paying attention and learning when i was younger, so Moth Flight really spoke to me. She found her worth in being a medicine cat, and ultimately did one of the most important things in clan history-discovering the Moonstone. 

Also, Micah was great. I loved him, such a good boy, i cried at his death-

this is long enough, so i might talk about more later

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clover said:

but the cats she killed didnt deserve it (except for Appledusk, god, i hate Appledusk)

Seriously, who likes Appledusk? I think that Mapleshade shouldn’t have been exiled, because there are so many she-cats that weren’t exiled for forbidden romance (Leafpool, Squirrelwhisker, Bluestar to name a few) she’s totally evil, I love her for that but I hate Frecklewish so much. I hate how she only paid attention to Mapleshade when she thought her brother was her mate.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:00 AM, Clover said:

here wo go:

Scourge sucks. Bad

Mapleshade was not in the right? i dont know why people think that she was? she killed people, like-what? her kits died-well okay, go talk to the MANY other cats who's kits died and they still stayed good cats: Ferncloud, Nightwing, Nightcloud (ish?), Squirrelflight, Fernshade, Yellowfang, Tallpoppy, and many others cats 

her mate lied to her and she got rejected, okay, and?: Thrushpelt, Stormfur, Reedwhisker, etc-all cats who were rejected by someone they liked/loved, but they never went insane and killed anyone. Thrushpelt is the best boy, he would never kill anyone

basically: Mapleshade sucks and she was NOT in the right, she did make an interesting villain (mainly in Crookedstar's Promise) but the cats she killed didnt deserve it (except for Appledusk, god, i hate Appledusk)

Blackstar is my favorite character next to Sandstorm and Brightheart, i just-really like him, and honestly, Tigerstar II and Rowanstar are doing a real crappy job at keeping Shadowclan together, if you're going to resurrect anyone (why Tigerstar II? just, why?) do it with Blackstar, he knew how to keep his clanmates in line

Crookedstar's Promise and Moth Flight's Vision are my favorite books, mainly because Moth Flight and Crookedstar are just good characters, but there are a lot of other reasons too.

These books delved quite a bit into not being accepted, even by the one's you love. How you just cant seem to make yourself fit in, and everyone views you as useless or a burden all because of something you cant control. I also related a lot to their struggles with their mothers (Windstar and Rainflower), as my mother was also VERY harsh and unforgiving growing up. My experiences and the ones in these books felt eerily familiar. I read Moth Flight's Vision when i was 13, and the fact that Windstar started to treat her daughter better and admit her flaws gave me a lot of hope that my life could turn the same way. Rainflower, on the other hand, gave me a similiar burning hatred that i do for a lot of characters. I was mentally berating her every chapter for treating Crookedstar the way she did, and i sympathized with him so much. When she died, i expected myself to be relieved, but instead i was right along with Crookedpaw. The way that Rainflower so similiarily acted like my mother made me realize that i didnt hate her. Her dying hit me like a truck, along with the realization that i still loved my mother, despite all that she did to me. I felt just like Crookedpaw. I love Crookedstar, honestly :')

I also related to Moth Flight quite a bit, mostly because of how everyone viewed her as useless. I had a lot of trouble paying attention and learning when i was younger, so Moth Flight really spoke to me. She found her worth in being a medicine cat, and ultimately did one of the most important things in clan history-discovering the Moonstone. 

Also, Micah was great. I loved him, such a good boy, i cried at his death-

this is long enough, so i might talk about more later

I’m more confused what the giant paragraph about why you like Moth’s Flight and Crookedstar’s Promise had to do with the central theme “Scourge Sucks”. Maybe put each opinion as listed points instead of separate paragraphs? Because the title really looked like “Scourge Sucks. Bad.”, so I assumed it would be you listing why you don’t like Scourge.

Bristleroot is a big no from me. I haven't finished Veil of Shadows yet but they have few interactions so far and hardly any romantic connections. I peronally like forbidden relationships when they are written well but just.. no.

• Like 1

Spotted x Fire is not a good ship (at least to me)

Spottedleaf was the equivalent of a 40 year old while Firepaw was like, 12-tell me how that isnt creepy

And dont even try to pull anything like 'oh nut they're cats' or 'cats are sexually mature at 6 moons'

These are anthro cats (not as in they walk on two legs, but as in they act like people)

These cats have organized society, religion, laws, and its considered strange for apprentices to be at all interested in dating 

Saying Spottedleaf x Firepaw is okay is like saying Spottedpaw x Thistleclaw is okay-aside from the clear manipulation, both of these relationships are child x adult, which is obviously disgusting

Also, something else:

I remember Sandstorm acknowledging that FIRESTAR LITERALLY LOVED SPOTTED MORE THAN HER

Apparently Fire was going to choose Spotted in Starclan either way, which Sandstorm really took to heart

The thing is, she was okay with this, she loved Firestar more than anything, but she couldn't let herself keep him from Spotted

LIKE, WHAT THE HELL? IT JUST TICKS ME OFF SO MUCH

FIRESTAR CHOOSES HIS CHILDHOOD CRUSH OVER HIS WIFE THAT HE HAD CHILDREN WITH

honestly, im not even sad that Spotted is gone for good, she was honestly kind of creepy anyway, with the way she kept stalking Fire long after she was dead

This reminds a lot of how Grey is confirmed to choose Silver over Millie, choosing his 2 month relationship over the cat he spent most of his life with

Fire and Grey are thots

• Like 1

Silversteam deserved more time and character development in the first arc in my opinion

Basically all she did was save Greystripe, fall in love with him, have his kits and die

She deserved better

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

13 hours ago, A A A A A A said:

Silversteam deserved more time and character development in the first arc in my opinion

Basically all she did was save Greystripe, fall in love with him, have his kits and die

She deserved better

Much better

Thrushpelt is best boy. Why? For being the only warrior cats character that doesn't become a jerk after someone turns them down (I haven't read bluestars prophecy in a while so I could be missing something.)

• Paw up 1

Graystripe gets too much flack for his choices in mates.

Like, come on. Everyone's out here marrying their cousins and uncles and whatnot. Graystripe said "Alabama? Don't know her" and had kits with Silverstream from RiverClan and Millie, a non clan-cat. Makes sense, because briefly the official family trees said his parents were siblings(patchpelt and willowpelt... oof). That's gotta be strange.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 9:27 PM, consider the following said:

Everyone's out here marrying their cousins and uncles and whatnot.

Never touched a warriors book, so info may be wrong, but to add to that:

Sandstorm is Squirrelflight's mother, and also the daughter of Brindleface. Brindleface is also the mother of Ashfur.

From what I've heard, Ashfur basically attempted to kill... his niece's children... cuz he got rejected by.. his niece..

41 minutes ago, YambOwO said:

Sandstorm is Squirrelflight's mother, and also the daughter of Brindleface

I'm pretty sure this isn't actually canon, just one of the many things the Erin's said once and have probably forgotten about. in the books Ashfur and Ferncloud were actually said to be Brindleface's first kittens

• Paw up 1