Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mythbusters

"When in doubt, whip it out."

- Christopher Wistopher

Have any things you're not sure are true but don't wanna test them out yourself? Put em' in the comments!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, GlacyGlace said:

what’s this

it seems fun

Basically:

Ask something about niche (e.g. Do rogue males avoid spiky bodied females?)

Testing is done and shown (Go on grass mingle with only spiky bodied females)

Answer is provided (Yes, they avoid them)

• Like 1

I really like that this idea is being brought back. I'll probably try to test a few people's questions myself, but idk. 

I kinda wanna know if rouge males can mate with wanderers? To test this out, I reccomend turning up spawn rates of both of these via the console, and clearing the entire island. If a ton of apparently rouge babies show up, that could be evidence. Maybe the wanderers need a nest though?

My tip for testing is to just wait around until a rogue male shows up and then banish some of your females

the reason for that is because

1: wanderer females rarely go onto nests so rogue looking babies aren’t a good indicator 

2: you can see the heart thingy when they’re close by and you can see the bump

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2020 at 2:00 PM, GlacyGlace said:

i kinda wanna know if rogues avoid pregnant females

1476063917_roguenotavoiding.thumb.jpg.33669fde05956c44e36b58fff6c26e1d.jpg

Nah, they don't. They only go once they've mated with a female, but if that female or another pregnant female comes up to them, they'll just wander around them, not really avoiding them. I've also had this happen in another playthrough, where one of my poor children who I forgot to move for or more days got preggo by a rogue. I tried moving her to a nest and the rogue just kinda followed her, but also didn't pay any attention to her.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:00 PM, Akirameta said:

I kinda wanna know if rouge males can mate with wanderers?

1311242654_roguewithwanderer.thumb.jpg.ba4ec59d70611dff08b71e35ed8d624d.jpg

Nope, they can't breed with wanderers. I'm not sure if this rogue was just really weird and didn't want to breed, but I'm assuming that's not the case. I originally thought that maybe a rogue could just never get to a female wanderer, but that's not the case either. I trapped a rogue with a wanderer whose genes I changed with the commands a bit so she wouldn't get away, but I don't think that broke the game in any way.

Anyways, I trapped her and the rogue for a few turns/days, but he still didn't want to breed. Maybe I needed to give them space? I moved one of my females away a bit, but the rogue still wasn't breeding. There's also a bit more evidence that rogues can't breed with wanderers, in this video. The youtuber in the video, Jessimew, talks about how if she invites Skitty into the tribe, then the rogue might breed with her.

Welp, myths busted, I guess. Have a good day/night!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 9:22 AM, GlacyGlace said:

My tip for testing is to just wait around until a rogue male shows up and then banish some of your females

the reason for that is because

1: wanderer females rarely go onto nests so rogue looking babies aren’t a good indicator 

2: you can see the heart thingy when they’re close by and you can see the bump

oh and also i know that myth got busted already but-

wanderer babies with derp snout exist so-

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

I got one for you. If you get a wander female pregnant does she ever give birth? (Of course without you inviting her into the tribe. I don't think she does but who knows maybe...)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FawnCat said:

I got one for you. If you get a wander female pregnant does she ever give birth? (Of course without you inviting her into the tribe. I don't think she does but who knows maybe...)

I've actually had this happen to me once on a casual playthrough!

440650_screenshots_20190507215527_1.thumb.jpg.f9831d50c175bf1eeb4e987290a10eef.jpg.1696b935133b95798761c8852ed97338.jpg

Yes, pregnant wanderers can give birth, but very rarely. I'm assuming in order for this to happen, there has to be food or a food source near a nest for them to sit on it (berry bush, root, meat, etc). Also, their children are actually a part of your tribe, so I guess that's neat. (Just noticed the baby in the picture probably has rlly good camouflage)

Myth, now true!

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

Decided to test a myth from the og post: Can Adam's children find Eve even after he's dead?

(Sorry for the bad quality, was too lazy to actually take a screenshot

20200812_114729.thumb.jpg.aed63976e305b1b0629ce45a0bb8ee8b.jpg

After using the increasespawn playeranimal command a lot, I bred Adam with a normal wanderer and then sent his children off to find Eve. And they succeeded! I believe the question was originally asked by Lilyturf.

• Eek! 4

On 8/12/2020 at 6:43 PM, PincerClaw420 said:

I've actually had this happen to me once on a casual playthrough!

440650_screenshots_20190507215527_1.thumb.jpg.f9831d50c175bf1eeb4e987290a10eef.jpg.1696b935133b95798761c8852ed97338.jpg

Yes, pregnant wanderers can give birth, but very rarely. I'm assuming in order for this to happen, there has to be food or a food source near a nest for them to sit on it (berry bush, root, meat, etc). Also, their children are actually a part of your tribe, so I guess that's neat. (Just noticed the baby in the picture probably has rlly good camouflage)

Myth, now true!

Well mine never do. Guess my luck just suck😆

• Like 1

I remember once when i was screwing around with the console and i used 'SwitchGender' on a rogue male, and she still followed my females around after that hehe rogue lesbians

What i didnt get a chance to test that i just thought of today was if you SwitchGendered the rogue with a Peacock tailed male nearby, if the rogue would follow the male like every other female wanderer? or are they just stuck as rogue lesbians forever?

i dont have any save slots left, and im lazy, so im making you figure this out rxctfghuji

• Like 1
  • Paw up 2

54 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

What i didnt get a chance to test that i just thought of today was if you SwitchGendered the rogue with a Peacock tailed male nearby, if the rogue would follow the male like every other female wanderer? or are they just stuck as rogue lesbians forever?

After using the SwitchGender command and not exiting, the rogue (fe)male acted similarly to a normal rm (rogue male), except she didn't mind the males as much as a normal rm would. She sorta followed them, but she didn't always stay by their side. The same could be said for the females. After exiting and reopening the game (and experiencing this weird bug), the rf/m was still practically the same before exiting.

(On a separate note, HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING PREGNANT YOU-

20200815155359_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, PincerClaw420 said:

After using the SwitchGender command and not exiting, the rogue (fe)male acted similarly to a normal rm (rogue male), except she didn't mind the males as much as a normal rm would. She sorta followed them, but she didn't always stay by their side. The same could be said for the females. After exiting and reopening the game (and experiencing this weird bug), the rf/m was still practically the same before exiting.

(On a separate note, HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING PREGNANT YOU-

20200815155359_1.jpg

damn rogues got a taste of their own medicine >:)

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

22 minutes ago, Lisa The Dragonwolf said:

what happens when you make a rogue a baby?

Too lazy to put a screenshot, but basically,

Rogue males don't change physically while you're normally playing, but in their nicheling card they're the correct age, except for the fact there are always 3 gems no matter the age. They'll also appear in the family tree the same way they look in the nicheling card, except for when they're consoled to be younger than 0 days, in which they end up just being really tiny adults.

Meanwhile, when you first console a wanderer to be 0 days old, when you invite them in they'll have as many moves as they had before changing age. However, if you skip a day they'll have as many moves and gems as they're supposed to have. I'm also assuming when they're consoled to be below 0 days old, the same thing with rm's happens to wanderers.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

• 4 weeks later...