Stray Fawn Community

Niche Mythbusters

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, gamingcookie said:

what happens if a baby without wings is born on a tree nest

I believe after it reaches the ripe old age of one gem, it can go on the ground or stay on the nest. Not 100% correct though, so I'll test it out

Also thanks for indirectly reminding me to test the termite mound myth lol

On 11/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, PincerClaw420 said:

I believe after it reaches the ripe old age of one gem, it can go on the ground or stay on the nest. Not 100% correct though, so I'll test it out

Also thanks for indirectly reminding me to test the termite mound myth lol

I can confirm this

• Paw up 1

Just now, gamingcookie said:

if a female is underwater will a rogue male go for her? if not what about if you give the rogue male water breathing?

hmm, good question... i will do these tommorow

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, let's start with the being born on a tree while not being able to fly thing. When a nicheling unable to fly is born on a tree, as I mentioned, they are able to move out of the tree at one gem old. At two gems, they are able to move even further away from the tree. (Also, something not really related, but when a baby is still on the same tile as the mother, they won't be able to grow at all and their actual age in days won't show. Which means you can technically keep a baby alive for longer if their mother stays on the same tile as them for longer)

Now onto the rogue male part. 

16060680310221732681137.thumb.jpg.1a635e50810b56c6dc5b8c765461233e.jpg

Before the picture was taken, the rogue only stepped one water tile in to try getting close enough to the female. He did not enter any deeper, even after Sime herself did. What I think's happening here is that the game checks if the rogue can breathe on the active tile, in which case the tile is used if it is also able to be used to get to any females that are nearby. The other tiles are too deep for the rogue to breathe in, so he doesn't enter them.

But I've also seen rogues drown themselves for no real good reason, so I'm not really sure.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

There are also some other questions of mine I'd like to work on. Those myths are: If home island animals still attack even if you travel islands after provoking them/enter the island again with different creatures, and if the specific islands your nichelings could travel to are set in stone the moment you land on a new island. Help with solving these, or any future myths, is appreciated. (Again, off topic but WHAT

THAT PORT HAS 15 TILES, 15. THE MOST IVE SEEN IN PERSON IS 10. WHAT

16060689525711458893235.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, modiano said:

No, she will never give birth.

I was gonna grab a screenshot of a rm/f giving birth, but for some reason this specific one didn't want to give birth on a permanest? I swear an rm gave birth once, and i think i even have proof of it in my bug posts. Might be because I used switchgender on my own nicheling or used moveoccupant? idk

15 hours ago, PincerClaw420 said:

I was gonna grab a screenshot of a rm/f giving birth, but for some reason this specific one didn't want to give birth on a permanest? I swear an rm gave birth once, and i think i even have proof of it in my bug posts. Might be because I used switchgender on my own nicheling or used moveoccupant? idk

20201209111216_1.thumb.jpg.0fb06a1770299807c49c0dbccc9806c4.jpg20201209111351_1.thumb.jpg.fd73beb026c107fa1a05805de0d3441e.jpgI tried these combinations:

Male + Rouge female = nothing

Rouge female + None = nothing (yay no demons)

rouge female + switchGender male = nothing (also what is wrong with the one in the pics?)

• Like 3